MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Ken Lingenfelter On Now

Steve Garrett talks with the Legendary Ken Lingenfelter…His Life, company,car collection, business “Lingenfelter Performance and Engineering,” and Ken’s passion for Corvette and how it all started! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...lection-ehf6n5 The guys also talk extensively about "The Lingenfelter Collection".  Ken's car collection totals over 250 cars-30% exotics, 30% muscle cars and the rest are Corvettes!  Ken guides us through the collection, which includes Corvettes owned by Zora Arkus-Duntov, a Bugatti Veyron, a Ferrari LaFerrari and a Lamborghini Reventón. You'll be amazed to learn about Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, The Lingenfelter Collection and the man himself on CORVETTE TODAY
See more
See less

What Color ME Are You Currently Planning On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Color ME Are You Currently Planning On?

What color might your ME be? We have a fair chance of guessing correctly that the ME will be offered in red, white, blue, black, silver, orange, yellow, and gray. And some of us suspect we could get not just the typical two next year “replacement” colors, but the two additional ones the new paint shop has the capability of producing. We learned the new shop has the ability to produce 12 colors in December, 2016 thanks to an article by CorvetteBlogger.

For more on our discussion of the possible twelve colors next year:
    https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-to-12-of-them

As for my/our wish, think this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	278A516F-0627-4149-8ED6-9A56391A6054.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	938
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Unless they come up with something really compelling, I'll stick with Torch Red! Most likely with a red (or tan) 3LT interior.
    C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Torch Red has been a huge fan favorite for the longest time, and when I think about what colors “might disappear” new year, I always know that Torch Red will never be on that list.
      Last edited by John; 07-08-2018, 03:01 PM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm leaning towards a Long Beach Red or some form of Silver.

Comment

Something close to Laguna Blue. Torch Red is second choice.
          U.S. Navy(Ret); past associate editor of Vette Vues Magazine; Founder-Corvette Chattanooga; Founder-National El Camino Owner's Assn., NCM(L).
          2020 Coupe, ELB, 2LT, performance exhausts

Comment

I saw Elkhart Lake Blue at the BASH, as perhaps you did too , and IMO, it is very close match to Lagune Blue; a person who saw it there with me, commented that it is very much like LB would have been, if LB had been a metallic. I personally really like ELB. And nice that since ELB is a metallic and not a tintcoat, no $995 upcharge a LB had, in fact, now a no-cost standard color. (Source = Mike Furman)

Comment

I also loved my 2011 GS in Jetstream Blue.
              U.S. Navy(Ret); past associate editor of Vette Vues Magazine; Founder-Corvette Chattanooga; Founder-National El Camino Owner's Assn., NCM(L).
              2020 Coupe, ELB, 2LT, performance exhausts

Comment

Jetstream Blue was specially nice. I did not see one for years (other than in magazines) — for as you know that was low chosen color, until finally saw one at the BASH (maybe around 2014/15?) I finally saw one.

Comment

I've always been a fan of yellow (anything!) and long before Corvettes began racing. I've previously owned several yellow cars and motorcycles. When I first saw a C5 (and then C6) Z06 in yellow, I knew that would have to be my first color choice, if and when I bought my first Corvette. Fast forward to 2015 and I ordered my Z51 C7 in Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (with Brownstone interior). What a disappointment, after waiting months for the dealer to get an allocation for the car I specifically ordered, only to find out that VYT was constrained (because the color was being fazed out in 2016 in favor of Corvette Racing Yellow). If I wanted a 2015 car, I would have to change the color. I did change, and I am satisfied with, Daytona Sunrise Orange "Peel" Metallic (still with Brownstone interior before it too was fazed out for 2016). However, when I order a 2021 C8 ME Corvette, it will be yellow (no compromises this time), and hopefully with Brownstone interior (and manual transmission)!!

Aside from this, if BG has the capability of producing Corvettes with twelve different colors, I'd bet some of them will be reserved specifically for the mid-engine car.
                  GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Having seen over 200, 2019’s, Mike Furman has confirmed that their paint jobs are a nice improvement over those coming from the old (parts of it dating back to 1986), paint shop.

Personally, I remain in love with your Daytona Sunrise Metallic. Especially with your Brownstone interior! Your car will keep you smiling until you get your yellow ME.

Comment

For me, a bright, deep version of a Candy Apple Red would be stunning on this car. I thing Long Beach Red is too burgundy for me, and doesn’t have the pop of a brighter color. My C5 was Magnetic Red II and that was close. But if you look at the red that Lexus has, or the Mazda prototype racing cars, that would be awesome.

If if they don’t offer a new Red to replace LB Red, then Elkhart Lake Blue is my second (and most likely) Choice.

Comment

I also agree Tabasco, that a deep Candy Apple Red would be gorgeous.

Comment

I'll do silver on the ME. I've had 2 silver Corvettes and it really shows the lines - which on the ME, I think will be stunning. I've always said that someday I'll own a red Corvette. I've owned 4 new Corvettes, and none of them has been red. And looks like my next one won't be red either, but silver instead. My wife says I'm just holding on to a forever running excuse to buy another Corvette - i.e. got to someday get that red one. . . .
                          Last edited by OnPoint; 07-10-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Funny!!! And you are sure right about silver showing a car’s lines the best, and why so many new vehicle reveals are in silver.

If you have not gotten there already, in our “Major ME News” section, the article about GM’s 9 ME prototypes shows, I believe, six of them in silver.
                            Last edited by John; 07-11-2018, 10:03 AM. Reason: typo fix

Comment

Depends on the exact hue. I'm a metallic red person, but also like black - if it's metallic. If the colors are similar to now, I'll probably go Long Beach Red.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X