X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

If your local dealer sells Corvettes, they're required by GM to buy those tools anyway.
    That's just it, they aren't. However are they also suppose to have some kind of training?

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
    It just occurred to me that if I bought the kit I could loan it to my local dealer if I ever needed to get fixed. $1700 U.S. would be a little over C$2k. Might be worthwhile even if it's "JIC" ("Just In Case" I wanted to add another acronym lol)
    If your local dealer sells Corvettes, they're required by GM to buy those tools anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    It just occurred to me that if I bought the kit I could loan it to my local dealer if I ever needed to get fixed. $1700 U.S. would be a little over C$2k. Might be worthwhile even if it's "JIC" ("Just In Case" I wanted to add another acronym lol)

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Here’s the price break down on the C8 required tools:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FE2124C7-F92C-405F-B0EA-9D0324A937DF.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	94177

Leave a comment:

• LSECO
    replied
    Bringing up the fact that the emergency/parking brake calipers are electric too.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Yes, I think only the rear wheels would need to be put on dollies.

Leave a comment:

• Heidi
    replied
    The manual park release adapter seems to confirm my suspicion that if the battery dies, you aren't even going to be able to push the car. Tow truck and dolly time, because with the tranny in park you can't even drag it up onto a flatbed. If the starter starts turning slow, better replace that battery ASAP.
    This brings back nightmare memories of our 3 week old Z51 in 2015 ( Battery with dead cell, manufacturing defect). Car could not be put in drive. Took tow truck driver over an hour to get car on flatbed.
    My question: Am I correct to assume that only the rear wheels need to be put on rollers/dolly to drag the car onto a flatbed ? (If no DT52388 is available and an external power jump juice fails) .
    Heidi
    Save the Wave

Leave a comment:

• LSECO
    replied
    Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
    I wonder why they did not have a Hammer in the kit? That is my go to when I can’t make it work.
    Given a jump juice with external power, Electronic E-brake should disengage.

Give a man a big enough hammer and he can fix anything...don' forget the baling wire and pliers .
    Last edited by LSECO; 12-05-2019, 07:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bpost22
    replied
    The manual park release adapter seems to confirm my suspicion that if the battery dies, you aren't even going to be able to push the car. Tow truck and dolly time, because with the tranny in park you can't even drag it up onto a flatbed. If the starter starts turning slow, better replace that battery ASAP.
    I saw that, too and remembered our concerns on earlier threads. Their “special tool” is not something that tow trucks will likely carry. Perhaps owners should carry one, IF they can get it and know where and how to use it ... not for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fasttoys
    replied
    I wonder why they did not have a Hammer in the kit? That is my go to when I can’t make it work.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    Shipping C8 tools to dealers is another good step.

Leave a comment:

• Frenzy36
    replied
    Thanks for the informative video. Let's hope you won't have to use any of those tools anytime soon and they collect dust in your toolbox.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Thanks Paul Koerner for your video. You are a superb Corvette Master Tech. We look forward to your future C8 videos.

The total cost for a dealer to purchase the required C8 tools is $,1484.

Leave a comment:

• dolfanlon
    replied
    Grazie SnakeSlayer!!!

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X