Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Cool Video Detailing C8 Special Service Tools

Compliments of Facebook user "Thecorvettemechanic"

Click image for larger version  Name:	82DAEAEB-5DEE-4332-AA35-BD9C72DF94C2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	93683

[HTML]https://www.facebook.com/corvettemec...4832981387110//HTML]

Last edited by SnakeSlayer; 12-03-2019, 11:09 AM.

GREAT find/post SnakeSlayer. Thank you from us all.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Grazie SnakeSlayer!!!

Comment

Thanks Paul Koerner for your video. You are a superb Corvette Master Tech. We look forward to your future C8 videos.

The total cost for a dealer to purchase the required C8 tools is $,1484.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thanks for the informative video. Let's hope you won't have to use any of those tools anytime soon and they collect dust in your toolbox.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Shipping C8 tools to dealers is another good step.
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

I wonder why they did not have a Hammer in the kit? That is my go to when I can’t make it work.

Comment

The manual park release adapter seems to confirm my suspicion that if the battery dies, you aren't even going to be able to push the car. Tow truck and dolly time, because with the tranny in park you can't even drag it up onto a flatbed. If the starter starts turning slow, better replace that battery ASAP.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  The manual park release adapter seems to confirm my suspicion that if the battery dies, you aren't even going to be able to push the car. Tow truck and dolly time, because with the tranny in park you can't even drag it up onto a flatbed. If the starter starts turning slow, better replace that battery ASAP.
                  I saw that, too and remembered our concerns on earlier threads. Their “special tool” is not something that tow trucks will likely carry. Perhaps owners should carry one, IF they can get it and know where and how to use it ... not for everyone.
                  Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned; 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004 : 1981 C3 White Coupe, 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                    I wonder why they did not have a Hammer in the kit? That is my go to when I can’t make it work.
                    Given a jump juice with external power, Electronic E-brake should disengage.

Give a man a big enough hammer and he can fix anything...don' forget the baling wire and pliers .
                    Last edited by LSECO; 12-05-2019, 08:04 AM.
                    C8er

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                      This brings back nightmare memories of our 3 week old Z51 in 2015 ( Battery with dead cell, manufacturing defect). Car could not be put in drive. Took tow truck driver over an hour to get car on flatbed.
                      My question: Am I correct to assume that only the rear wheels need to be put on rollers/dolly to drag the car onto a flatbed ? (If no DT52388 is available and an external power jump juice fails) .
                      Heidi
                      Save the Wave

Comment

Yes, I think only the rear wheels would need to be put on dollies.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Bringing up the fact that the emergency/parking brake calipers are electric too.
                          C8er

Comment

Here’s the price break down on the C8 required tools:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FE2124C7-F92C-405F-B0EA-9D0324A937DF.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	94177

Comment

It just occurred to me that if I bought the kit I could loan it to my local dealer if I ever needed to get fixed. $1700 U.S. would be a little over C$2k. Might be worthwhile even if it's "JIC" ("Just In Case" I wanted to add another acronym lol)
                              Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X