MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
2 of 3 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Very Cool Video Detailing C8 Special Service Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Cool Video Detailing C8 Special Service Tools

Compliments of Facebook user "Thecorvettemechanic"

Click image for larger version  Name:	82DAEAEB-5DEE-4332-AA35-BD9C72DF94C2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	173.7 KB ID:	93683

[HTML]https://www.facebook.com/corvettemec...4832981387110//HTML]

Last edited by SnakeSlayer; 12-03-2019, 10:09 AM.

GREAT find/post SnakeSlayer. Thank you from us all.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Grazie SnakeSlayer!!!

Comment

Thanks Paul Koerner for your video. You are a superb Corvette Master Tech. We look forward to your future C8 videos.

The total cost for a dealer to purchase the required C8 tools is $,1484.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for the informative video. Let's hope you won't have to use any of those tools anytime soon and they collect dust in your toolbox.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Shipping C8 tools to dealers is another good step.
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

I wonder why they did not have a Hammer in the kit? That is my go to when I can’t make it work.

Comment

The manual park release adapter seems to confirm my suspicion that if the battery dies, you aren't even going to be able to push the car. Tow truck and dolly time, because with the tranny in park you can't even drag it up onto a flatbed. If the starter starts turning slow, better replace that battery ASAP.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  The manual park release adapter seems to confirm my suspicion that if the battery dies, you aren't even going to be able to push the car. Tow truck and dolly time, because with the tranny in park you can't even drag it up onto a flatbed. If the starter starts turning slow, better replace that battery ASAP.
                  I saw that, too and remembered our concerns on earlier threads. Their “special tool” is not something that tow trucks will likely carry. Perhaps owners should carry one, IF they can get it and know where and how to use it ... not for everyone.
                  TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                    I wonder why they did not have a Hammer in the kit? That is my go to when I can’t make it work.
                    Given a jump juice with external power, Electronic E-brake should disengage.

Give a man a big enough hammer and he can fix anything...don' forget the baling wire and pliers .
                    Last edited by LSECO; 12-05-2019, 07:04 AM.
                    C8er

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                      This brings back nightmare memories of our 3 week old Z51 in 2015 ( Battery with dead cell, manufacturing defect). Car could not be put in drive. Took tow truck driver over an hour to get car on flatbed.
                      My question: Am I correct to assume that only the rear wheels need to be put on rollers/dolly to drag the car onto a flatbed ? (If no DT52388 is available and an external power jump juice fails) .
                      Heidi
                      Save the Wave

2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU)

Comment

Yes, I think only the rear wheels would need to be put on dollies.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Bringing up the fact that the emergency/parking brake calipers are electric too.
                          C8er

Comment

Here’s the price break down on the C8 required tools:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FE2124C7-F92C-405F-B0EA-9D0324A937DF.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	94177

Comment

It just occurred to me that if I bought the kit I could loan it to my local dealer if I ever needed to get fixed. $1700 U.S. would be a little over C$2k. Might be worthwhile even if it's "JIC" ("Just In Case" I wanted to add another acronym lol)
                              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                              3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X