See less

Ranking the 2020 Corvette Exterior Colors After Seeing All 12 in Person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the need of seeing the color in person. Chips and samples can be way off. The orange piece they had for viewing was not even close to the orange on the car I saw, and this was a sample not a paint chart. Also can be different when it's viewed on the car with all the angles and shapes.
    ELB get's my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Ed View Post
      Although I had the bronze where you put it for me but I think the lines look GREAT and I really love that color on the car (again not for me).
      I strongly considered both Zeus Bronze and Shadow Gray Metallic when I was narrowing my color choices, after walking around both cars in the sun at the NCM.

Shadow was a serious consideration as my top pick, as it has a lot of metallic (as well as the subdued blue tones) which I really liked.
      Upcoming Vette:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        I really don't like the way Sebring Orange looks in the shade.
        It has a bit of a pastel appearance to me, and I personally would prefer a darker orange with a higher metallic content, IMHO.

Funny how the choice of color was the hardest decision for me when building my C8 order!

It was easier with the C7, with Lime Rock Green as an option.
        Upcoming Vette:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
          Where can I find the color codes list? Just curious. I did see Shadow Gray metallic on a different Chevrolet car, was hoping there was a good bit of teal in it but it just looks blah to me, maybe in the full sunlight it might show that, but I saw it on an overcast day, DIdn't care for it under that lighting condition. Totally subjective though.
          If you want to find a malibu colour for example, go to the link below and lookup the Malibu.
          Model Information - Online Ordering Guide
          Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            On board with most of your thoughts, but a few of my own:

I really don't like the way Sebring Orange looks in the shade. Reminds me of an orange creamsicle from the Good Humor man. That's on a C7, though. I haven't seen it on a C8, but if the color hasn't changed I don't think my opinion will.

The car does look fantastic in silver. My only hesitation with that color is every parking lot in America. I think half the cars parked are silver, or a light gray not much different than silver. I want my car to stand out a little more.

I actually like the rapid blue, but my wife doesn't, and I'm afraid it's too trendy, and I'll get tired of it long before I get tired of the car

Right now, ELB is my #2 choice. I'm about 30% ELB to 70% TR, but that percentage could change from day to day. TR isn't my favorite shade of red (too orangey) but the C8 looks phenomenal in that color in spite of that.
            Yeah, I ordered orange and I know it will look best in full sunlight. Not sure how it will look at night - IMO most cars (other than black, white, grey) suffer under cloudy conditions. And as to your silver conundrum - I was originally going to get white but decided against it because it seems like 50% of the cars I see on the road around me are white.

Comment

I am in to Long Beach Red Metallic. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Prince didn’t sing about “Little Sebring Orange Corvette”

I have generally leaned towards Red, White and Yellow as my favorite colors over the years although my first Corvette was a 1974 vert in brown/tan.
                Last edited by LightningBolt; 12-05-2019, 08:44 AM.
                2LT GKZ in Torch Red
                5ZZ High Wing Spoiler - Carbon Flash Metallic
                AH2 GT2 Seats
                E60 Front Lift Adjustable Height with Memory
                FE4 Magnetic Ride Suspension
                HUK Sky Cool Gray Seats
                J6F Red Calipers
                NPP Performance Exhaust (Incl w/Z51)
                SC7 Roof Panel Storage Bag in Black w/Crossed Flags logo
                Z51 Z51 Performance pkg
                ZYC Carbon Flash Metallic painted outside mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post
                  I keep L 👀King but can only see one color ....
                  .........me too😁
                  2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                  1100 status 😊
                  2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post

Yeah, I ordered orange and I know it will look best in full sunlight. Not sure how it will look at night - IMO most cars (other than black, white, grey) suffer under cloudy conditions. And as to your silver conundrum - I was originally going to get white but decided against it because it seems like 50% of the cars I see on the road around me are white.
                    Precisely why I picked Sebring Orange as well; living in southern California with more sun than shade. White was my second choice but after noticing that I'm surrounded by white, black, silver or dull-colored cars, I wanted something that will stand out from the rest. I've owned only dark-colored cars, so it's time for a change. Seeing a C7 in sebring orange in person sealed the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Very interesting ranking and analysis. Great food for thought. Especially interesting considering that none of the top chosen colors by customers whose C8 orders have already accepted by GM are in Jag’s top three. If one wants to check out a good way to confirm that, please see this list (and there are more birdie whisperings for further confirmation).

https://kerbeck.com/corvette_order_update/

I think Jeremy is really getting a one of one, a 2020 Velocity Yellow C8.
                      For anyone analyzing this list for popularity, keep in mind that colors like Zeus, A. Yellow, and Rapid Blue were not even available to order on those dates. Therefore none were ordered at that time. Could be that one or more of those colors could actually end up being very popular.

Comment

I'm in the camp that continues to be very disappointed in what I believe to be relatively unimaginative color availability for Corvettes. They just don't represent the vast array of truly spectacular colors that are available for automotive use. I understand that especially most male buyers tend to be 'stuck' in basic common, traditional colors; and therefore GM knows they need to stay with those. However, to me, it seems like a missed opportunity to make the C8 really, really special with outstanding color choices.

The engineering and design excellence of this car deserves better.

Comment

I will be happy with paint that has the least amount of orange peal!

Comment

Originally posted by Verboten View Post
                            I will be happy with paint that has the least amount of orange peal!
                            ^This.

I was really surprised at the orange peel on my 2015 C7. I'd never bought a car that expensive and really expected to see a super smooth finish. I guess you have to buy a Ferrari or a Lambo to get mirror finish paint?

Comment

While at corvette Carlisle for several days I looked at colors available a lot and came away liking the torch red the most even though I’ve never been a red corvette lover. Go figure! Our C7 zo6 conv is blade silver with red gut and for sure that is a great combo.

Comment

The appeal of each of the 12 colors varies depending on the choice of 1. the wheels, 2. interior colors and 3. selection/non-seaction of "body color" option. The black grill, carbon flash and black diffusor can get in the way of the exterior paint colors sometimes

It may come down to color combinations and wheels. Instead of colors.

IMO, of course.

For example the Blade Silver with silver wheels is appealing to me, but with black wheels not so. its a different color. Its simply a gray car.

The Torch Red is totally different with black wheels and trim, than it is with silver wheels and silver stripes.

And all the colors are "primary school colors". Look at the McLaren color chart o line.

But: 59K$. Fancy paint seems to be costly . The paint colors are probably perfectly $59K. Good Job Corvette
                                Last edited by SheepDog; 12-06-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X