MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
2 of 3 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

GM Rear engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Rear engine

Many of you are certainly aware of the Corvair, but I didn't know Chevy offered these in the later '60s with turbochargers and the such. It's an interesting look at how the Nader report and the Mustang killed it and launched the Camaro to take over. This video shows some mention of the Corvair Stinger version as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5_BIUIoiQw

Thanks Garabaldi. A friend of mine had a Corvair Monza Spyder when we were in high school. Fun little car, but always second, third, or fourth fiddle to the Corvette and more.

The Corvair Monza GT was a completely different animal. It was a true mid engine and super gorgeous.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F329A249-17BE-4183-BEBD-98987BA6C5AF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	93580
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My brother managed to go airborne in my parents, then new, Corvair Monza. He hit a set of railroad tracks at a high rate of speed, went air born and struck a tree several feet off the ground. Nader would have blamed the car, but it was the loose nut behind the wheel.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
      Working...
      X