MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

How are you going to use my mode/Z mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VicH
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankM View Post

My settings are exactly the same.
    The default Z-Mode setting was perfectly designed by the Corvette engineers. Other than the Track Mode, it is the only mode that gives you access to Track Mode aggressiveness (i.e. with Track Mode throttle progression, power train and transmission shifts, and PTM access) without the excessive firm Track suspension that can cause damage to the car on public roads. I find the default Z-Mode setting addictive and use it almost exclusively.
    100%. Love it so much. Not having to use the dial and just hitting a button when I want to punch it is freaking awesome.

Leave a comment:

• FrankM
    replied
    Originally posted by VicH View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but now that I've got the car...

I've set MyMode to Tour suspension, Tour braking, Sport steering, and Track exhaust (if I want the car quiet, I'll just put it in Tour). I find this comfortable for around town and freeway.

I've set up Z-mode to Sport suspension, Sport braking, Sport Steering, Track performance, and Track exhaust. On my road trip this turned out to be a great combination. As I would come up to a passing lane area I would hit the Z-mode button and punch it. Once I was past the 18 wheeler(s) I would go back into MyMode or Tour. I really like this set up and the concept of the Z-mode button... the ability to go from GT cruiser to monster power at the tap of a button.
    My settings are exactly the same.
    The default Z-Mode setting was perfectly designed by the Corvette engineers. Other than the Track Mode, it is the only mode that gives you access to Track Mode aggressiveness (i.e. with Track Mode throttle progression, power train and transmission shifts, and PTM access) without the excessive firm Track suspension that can cause damage to the car on public roads. I find the default Z-Mode setting addictive and use it almost exclusively.

Leave a comment:

• VicH
    replied
    I know this is an older thread, but now that I've got the car...

I've set MyMode to Tour suspension, Tour braking, Sport steering, and Track exhaust (if I want the car quiet, I'll just put it in Tour). I find this comfortable for around town and freeway.

I've set up Z-mode to Sport suspension, Sport braking, Sport Steering, Track performance, and Track exhaust. On my road trip this turned out to be a great combination. As I would come up to a passing lane area I would hit the Z-mode button and punch it. Once I was past the 18 wheeler(s) I would go back into MyMode or Tour. I really like this set up and the concept of the Z-mode button... the ability to go from GT cruiser to monster power at the tap of a button.

Leave a comment:

• RKCRLR
    replied
    Darn, I was hoping you could at least access the PTM modes after you've accessed Z-Mode.

Leave a comment:

• Meldoon
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Correct that get to PTM mode requires a couple or three steps.
    Same as C7.......Select Track Mode.........double tap traction control button......select either Wet, Dry, Track 1, Track 2, or Race

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Correct that get to PTM mode requires a couple or three steps.

Leave a comment:

• Meldoon
    replied
    Originally posted by RKCRLR View Post

Can you directly link a certain PTM mode to Z-Mode or do you still have to hit the traction control button twice and then select a PTM mode?
    I am pretty sure at this point that:
    Z Mode is not Track Mode even if you have selected Track Mode for all of the settings within Z Mode, therefore you cannot access PTM in Z Mode, but only from Track Mode!

The chart above is incorrect.......this one is from the owners manual.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	4563C81C-9BE7-4017-94FB-C789F3B5C2DF.png
Views:	135
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	125678
    Last edited by Meldoon; 03-14-2020, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RKCRLR
    replied
    Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
    Did some driving today. Started with Z Mode with all Track Mode Settings. I found that I prefer to have the exhaust and transmission set to Track, everything else set to sport. You can then go from Touring Mode, which is very Tame, as far as sound and shifting, to a much better sounding and aggressive shifting BEAST! In fact, unless you are on the highway trying to save on gas, the transmission should almost always be in track mode. Even in Drive, in Track Mode transmission setting, you know you’re in a performance car. Other transmission settings are okay if you’re in manual mode. GOOD TIMES GUYS!

Just my 2 cents......worth what ya paid for lt!

p.s. In my C7 Grand Sport, my preferred setting was Track Mode....Dry....haven’t tried that yet, still breaking in👍😎
    Can you directly link a certain PTM mode to Z-Mode or do you still have to hit the traction control button twice and then select a PTM mode?

Leave a comment:

• Meldoon
    replied
    Did some driving today. Started with Z Mode with all Track Mode Settings. I found that I prefer to have the exhaust and transmission set to Track, everything else set to sport. You can then go from Touring Mode, which is very Tame, as far as sound and shifting, to a much better sounding and aggressive shifting BEAST! In fact, unless you are on the highway trying to save on gas, the transmission should almost always be in track mode. Even in Drive, in Track Mode transmission setting, you know you’re in a performance car. Other transmission settings are okay if you’re in manual mode. GOOD TIMES GUYS!

Just my 2 cents......worth what ya paid for lt!

p.s. In my C7 Grand Sport, my preferred setting was Track Mode....Dry....haven’t tried that yet, still breaking in👍😎
    Last edited by Meldoon; 03-14-2020, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    At the FirstDrive things were so positively crazy going from one activity to the next, I do not remember.. I am thinking it will always start in tour mode with one exception. We have all learned that MyMode will keep its setting after a new ignition cycle. So my guess is that if you end your day in MyMode, it would start in MyMode — which would fit my and many folks’ plan to a T.
    In the C7, the car will restart in Sport Mode if you shut it down that way. All the other modes revert to Tour. So the C8 might remember Sport, as well as MyMode.

Very disappointing MyMode only allows "normal" for those 3 key settings. That's hardly MY desired mode. Maybe if we complain enough GM will do an OTA update to change that. Although I could probably be happy with Sport for 90% of my "just driving around" time.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 03-01-2020, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jwstegbauer
    replied
    Hope this helps....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-chevrolet-corvette-performance-reference-guide_Page_08.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	119139

Leave a comment:

• Meldoon
    replied
    My understanding is that mymode is the default group of settings that is associated with an individual key Fob. So the mymode settings associated with the key fob being used would be in effect when you start the vehicle. In a video they claim that you can go into Z mode and then back into mymode with the press of the Z mode button. Having said that, I guess we still don’t know for certain whether exiting Z mode takes you back to my mode or to whatever mode you were in prior to entering Z mode. Or if you manually change the mode out of,or to something other than my mode, is there a way to get back into my mode without turning the car off.

Leave a comment:

• Richrat
    replied
    At the FirstDrive things were so positively crazy going from one activity to the next, I do not remember.. I am thinking it will always start in tour mode with one exception. We have all learned that MyMode will keep its setting after a new ignition cycle. So my guess is that if you end your day in MyMode, it would start in MyMode — which would fit my and many folks’ plan to a T.
    Thanks John! That was my 64 thousand dollar question...

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

MyMode does not allow all settings to be "sport". Checkout my post. I think it's easier to set Z mode the way you want it for daily driving and just hit the button. (I'm not tracking but then you'd set the car up on the day right?) OK Boomer?
    OK Thanks. I was pretty much just scanning the manual. If the Zmode will do what I described better than MYMode thats fine.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X