Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

How are you going to use my mode/Z mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you going to use my mode/Z mode?

I am excited to get my C8 and I am wondering how everyone plans on setting up their my mode & and Z mode.

I think for my every driving my mode will be set up for tour mode but sport exhaust, I also want to make sure the 4 cyl mode is off. I will set up Z mode
    I will use: my mode all the time
    3.45%
    I will use: Z mode all the time
    10.34%
    I will switch between modes as needed
    58.62%
    My mode will be set for comfort
    17.24%
    Z mode will be set to track or race
    24.14%
    I will never use either button ever
    3.45%
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

I'm not sure. Will have to see how the settings work. In my C7 I almost always drove in Sport mode, but I had set up Tour mode to use Sport steering feel/response.

Comment

I will be using mine as a Daily Driver , My Z Mode will be set for comfortable touring.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

The way it was designed to be used I believe is:

1) My Mode is for daily driving, these settings apply to every ignition cycle, these user custom settings are saved and used all of the time when another mode has not been selected. This is a major improvement over the C7 settings.

2) Z Mode, push the Z Mode button to enable, it is meant to be used for spirited driving or for whenever you would want a sportier feeling from the car while driving. Tadge stated the Z Mode button comes from the factory programmed with a Sport/Track mix, although it can also be customized to the user’s preference. This is a great new feature to have for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneZ06 View Post

1) My Mode is for daily driving, these settings apply to every ignition cycle, these user custom settings are saved and used all of the time when another mode has not been selected. This is a major improvement over the C7 settings.

2) Z Mode, push the Z Mode button to enable, it is meant to be used for spirited driving or for whenever you would want a sportier feeling from the car while driving. Tadge stated the Z Mode button comes from the factory programmed with a Sport/Track mix, although it can also be customized to the user’s preference. This is a great new feature to have for sure.
          Ah, cool. Thanks!

Comment

If the key fob also programs My Mode and Z Mode, then I'll set them both up for different types of performance since I am a spirited driver. However my wife will also be using the car, in which case My Mode will be set for comfort and Z mode will be "MY" mode when I want to be "spirited". Anyone know if the Z and My modes are set with the key fob?
            Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Until I actually get the car and start playing around with them, I don't really know.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                If the key fob also programs My Mode and Z Mode, then I'll set them both up for different types of performance since I am a spirited driver. However my wife will also be using the car, in which case My Mode will be set for comfort and Z mode will be "MY" mode when I want to be "spirited". Anyone know if the Z and My modes are set with the key fob?
                My mode definitely is, per GM. I think that is also true of Z mode, but I'm not positive.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by WayneZ06 View Post

Or conversely, if you normally drive in a spirited manner and have My Mode set up for that, you could have Z mode set up for comfort, for those occasions when you're cruising on the highway.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

Comment

Ill probably use various modes for 3 to 6 months to gather knowledge and then I would create a my mode...

Then Ill switch back and forth between my mode and z mode.
                    Last edited by JB; 12-02-2019, 10:04 PM.
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                      Until I actually get the car and start playing around with them, I don't really know.
                      That's exactly what I was thinking about this ....
                      A thought if I might ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X