Z51 plus High Spoiler plus Museum Delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z51 plus High Spoiler plus Museum Delivery

I have an order (Z51 w/high spoiler) pending for summer delivery at the museum ... hopefully the factory tours will be back on by then. With that in mind, I now understand that the plant will do high wing spoiler installs on cars that will be delivered at the museum. Mine would be one of those.... with that in mind, what happens to the Z51 spoiler?

I read an earlier post that said you'd get both spoilers (when picking up at the dealer.) That would be a bit inconvenient since my museum delivery would be followed by a 3,000 mile drive home. I'd be fine with some type of credit applied toward the high wing... or even an opportunity to have the Z51 spoiler shipped to my home or home dealer. Tucking it in the trunk or frunk isn't an option unless it comes in (many) pieces.

I don't think C7's were delivered at the museum with the high spoiler installed except by local (or nearby) dealers, so maybe this is new ground? Anyone know how they might handle this?

Thanks for any info...

kdlp

You can take the standard Z51 spoiler home with you (it is yours), ship it home or gift it to someone wandering through the Museum (a day they will never forget). There is no credit if you do not take it, and NCM will not pay for its shipping home. Sorry.

One more option would be to see if you could sell it to a ‘local” person who has an entry C8 and wants a discounted Z51 spoiler.

Yes, this is entirely new ground, for heretofore NCM was not allowed to install any options requiring removal of the rear fascia. For more on this for those who are now wanting to add high wing to an already status 3000 order, thanks to jagamajajaran:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ery-or-add-r8c
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum kdlp. Thanks for joining this friendly crew.

Comment

Originally posted by kdlp View Post
        I have an order (Z51 w/high spoiler) pending for summer delivery at the museum ... hopefully the factory tours will be back on by then. With that in mind, I now understand that the plant will do high wing spoiler installs on cars that will be delivered at the museum. Mine would be one of those.... with that in mind, what happens to the Z51 spoiler?

I read an earlier post that said you'd get both spoilers (when picking up at the dealer.) That would be a bit inconvenient since my museum delivery would be followed by a 3,000 mile drive home. I'd be fine with some type of credit applied toward the high wing... or even an opportunity to have the Z51 spoiler shipped to my home or home dealer. Tucking it in the trunk or frunk isn't an option unless it comes in (many) pieces.

I don't think C7's were delivered at the museum with the high spoiler installed except by local (or nearby) dealers, so maybe this is new ground? Anyone know how they might handle this?

Thanks for any info...

kdlp

The museum will package up the z51 spoiler for you but you'll pay to ship it home

Comment

I talked to the Museum and they will ship it to you or to your dealer. Your choice. I'm doing the same thing.
          https://www.corvettemuseum.org/high-...seum-delivery/

Shane has his phone number listed and can answer any other questions you have about this. Congratulations

Comment

Yes unfortunately somebody has not figured out we do not want the stock spoiler. (Period) That's why we want the High Wing. They should at least give us a discount of some kind. I have been trying to wrap my head around that since I found out we also have to deal with a spoiler we do not want whatsoever. Somebody in whatever department doesn't have a clue. I will gladly leave mine behind when I take delivery as I don't wish to be bothered with it.
            It's not like we would ever be switching it out ever. I'm sorry but it's the dumbest thing ever. Especially if we order it deliberately with the High Wing. Really? I also don't understand why they would want to go through the R&R to remove the back end of the car. If they would simply charge what their charging for the High Wing and install it from the start and not make you take the stock spoiler. WOW.
            Last edited by Frenzy36; 12-02-2019, 03:32 AM.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by CitznFish View Post

The museum will package up the z51 spoiler for you but you'll pay to ship it home
              I would still like to know what in the hell are they thinking? We obviously don't want it. So now not only did we pay for it in the Z51 package and now we're going to pay more for it to get it home and we don't want it . ***?
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

Ditto for adding the black trident wheels and getting the silver open faced for "FREE"
                C8er

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
                  I talked to the Museum and they will ship it to you or to your dealer. Your choice. I'm doing the same thing.
                  https://www.corvettemuseum.org/high-...seum-delivery/

Shane has his phone number listed and can answer any other questions you have about this. Congratulations
                  Rick - thanks for this info and the contact.... I figured that someone had already explored this. Now I guess I try and figure out what to do with the Z51 spoiler. I guess I could make a garage wall mount to go along with the C3 tail section that's hanging on the garage wall (with working tail lights, no less!)!?! Or maybe mount the Z51 spoiler on the C3 tail section that's hanging in the garage... hmmmm...

Thanks again!

kdlp

Comment

Someone needs to make a conference call or have an office meeting over the Spoiler / High Wing issue. Even if the R&R only cost them $50 at 100,000 vehicles,(5,000,000) and the stock Z51 spoiler only cost them $200 they could save themselves (1,000,000,000)
                    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by kdlp View Post

Rick - thanks for this info and the contact.... I figured that someone had already explored this. Now I guess I try and figure out what to do with the Z51 spoiler. I guess I could make a garage wall mount to go along with the C3 tail section that's hanging on the garage wall (with working tail lights, no less!)!?! Or maybe mount the Z51 spoiler on the C3 tail section that's hanging in the garage... hmmmm...

Thanks again!

kdlp
                      Not a problem. My dealer called me a few days ago and has another customer who has ordered the 1LT but wanted a Z51 Spoiler. So I've already got mine sold. I'm sure there will be a many of people who want the look, but not want to pay for the entire Z51 package.

Comment

I wonder if anyone has thought of ordering the High Spoiler and not having it installed for resale purposes.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X