MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

Configuring Heads Up Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    replied
    Thanks Mobius. Always good to have a HUD memory refresher.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Anyone have any other screen shots of the HUD please?
    Here you go, John.

I remembered this from the NCM presentations back in September. The discussion of the various HUD modes begins at 43:29...

Also, the rest of the video is full of useful and interesting info (if you've got an hour to spare).
    Last edited by Mobius; 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Yes it does already have that on the A8 C7. I just feel it will be super important for me and others to have it (even if it not a “new” feature).

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    I am looking forward to the C8 HUD’s better resolution and its color, and the many choices it will afford us, especially the gear we are in for those of us who be almost exclusively in “manual” mode.” I also use the local speed limit notification that it on my DD); it is especially useful on road trips around towns and cities that are new to me — to help me stay out of trouble.
    Does the current HUD not display gear indicator for the A8? It does for the manual transmission.

Leave a comment:

• MidEngine
    replied
    I am glad that HUD turn signals will return.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I am looking forward to the C8 HUD’s better resolution and its color, and the many choices it will afford us, especially the gear we are in for those of us who be almost exclusively in “manual” mode.” I also use the local speed limit notification that it on my DD); it is especially useful on road trips around towns and cities that are new to me — to help me stay out of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• MrBluster
    replied
    I have wished often that Alexis' comments were on closed captioning, because she talks so fast it is hard for some of us oldsters to follow!

Leave a comment:

• brad66
    replied
    We've come a long way since the first Corvette HUD in the C5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00002.JPG
Views:	911
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	93344

Leave a comment:

• John
    started a topic Configuring Heads Up Display

Configuring Heads Up Display

HUD: Configuring it your way. Of course we know that there are not infinite combinations, that if one selects track, for example it eliminates the navigation directions. Nicely however, there are many more choices than in the C7, including its being better resolution and in color in some options. The Corvette team heard from many C7 owners that they wanted the C6’s HUD turn signals which had gone missing, to return — with thankfully are now back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0808C04B-2D87-40F6-8B50-B63013B06C0F.jpeg
Views:	2007
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	93346

What are your initial HUD setting plans? Priorities?

From the order guide, with thanks to “c54u” for the following summary of all the HUD options

Head-Up Display, color HD display with 3 modes: tour, sport, track. It can display speed, gear, tach, shift lights, turn signals, bright headlamps, turn-by-turn navigation, g-meter, speed limit, and lap times.
    Thanks also to GM for this video, though it has extremely limited HUD info.

There is more HUD info thanks to Alexis Reusch, Corvette Infotainment Manager, specifically starting at 4:00 in this video.

Anyone have any other screen shots of the HUD please?

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X