Configuring Heads Up Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Heads Up Display

HUD: Configuring it your way. Of course we know that there are not infinite combinations, that if one selects track, for example it eliminates the navigation directions. Nicely however, there are many more choices than in the C7, including its being better resolution and in color in some options. The Corvette team heard from many C7 owners that they wanted the C6’s HUD turn signals which had gone missing, to return — with thankfully are now back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0808C04B-2D87-40F6-8B50-B63013B06C0F.jpeg
Views:	1760
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	93346

What are your initial HUD setting plans? Priorities?

From the order guide, with thanks to “c54u” for the following summary of all the HUD options

Head-Up Display, color HD display with 3 modes: tour, sport, track. It can display speed, gear, tach, shift lights, turn signals, bright headlamps, turn-by-turn navigation, g-meter, speed limit, and lap times.
    Thanks also to GM for this video, though it has extremely limited HUD info.

There is more HUD info thanks to Alexis Reusch, Corvette Infotainment Manager, specifically starting at 4:00 in this video.

Anyone have any other screen shots of the HUD please?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

We've come a long way since the first Corvette HUD in the C5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00002.JPG
Views:	573
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	93344
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I have wished often that Alexis' comments were on closed captioning, because she talks so fast it is hard for some of us oldsters to follow!

Comment

I am looking forward to the C8 HUD’s better resolution and its color, and the many choices it will afford us, especially the gear we are in for those of us who be almost exclusively in “manual” mode.” I also use the local speed limit notification that it on my DD); it is especially useful on road trips around towns and cities that are new to me — to help me stay out of trouble.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I am glad that HUD turn signals will return.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            I am looking forward to the C8 HUD’s better resolution and its color, and the many choices it will afford us, especially the gear we are in for those of us who be almost exclusively in “manual” mode.” I also use the local speed limit notification that it on my DD); it is especially useful on road trips around towns and cities that are new to me — to help me stay out of trouble.
            Does the current HUD not display gear indicator for the A8? It does for the manual transmission.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Yes it does already have that on the A8 C7. I just feel it will be super important for me and others to have it (even if it not a “new” feature).

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                Anyone have any other screen shots of the HUD please?
                Here you go, John.

I remembered this from the NCM presentations back in September. The discussion of the various HUD modes begins at 43:29...

Also, the rest of the video is full of useful and interesting info (if you've got an hour to spare).
                Last edited by Mobius; 12-02-2019, 12:40 PM.
                Upcoming Vette:
                '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
                '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Thanks Mobius. Always good to have a HUD memory refresher.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X