Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Fun you tube video . 2020 midengine corvette the most hated corvette...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun you tube video . 2020 midengine corvette the most hated corvette...

Last edited by John; 09-14-2018, 09:16 PM. Reason: Reformatted video to have it “right here” on the forum. Here is how one can do that: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-new-owner-display-area/2020-how-to-post-a-vi

IMO That was a waste watching. If they like the old Vettes There are literally tens of thousands of them for sale. They can still buy a Brand New One. Sales Have Slumped . I love the new direction GM is going with the ME. I have run into some opinionated people myself against the ME, however of those they are driving older model vehicles and some have significant others who would not let them purchase one anyway or they have older Vettes and would not be able to purchase a newer Vette either a FE or ME anyway. This is exciting to see GM make a great leap forward into the future for Corvettes Evolution.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

What if:

1) No more FE’s for 2020 and 2021 (and maybe beyond)?

And further what if, the 2020 mid engine Corvette only comes with a DCT?

​​​​​​Mght my 2015 Z06 in outstanding condition Corvette we worth a little more next year (both as a private sale and as a trade in)?

And equally important to dealers, might it both of those things become true at the ME’s reveal, (again assuming that they are), do not we think that unsold 2018 and 2019 Corvettes with manuals would no longer significantly discounted.

If I were dealer X and those those things become true, I would consider dropping my discounts in half for my existing new Corvettes with manuals, the second those two maybe’s happened. And I might further consider ordering an additional batch (at least a couple of months of my average C7 current sales), of 2019 manuals for stock.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        What if:

1) No more FE’s for 2020 and 2021 (and maybe beyond)?

And further what if, the 2020 mid engine Corvette only comes with a DCT?

​​​​​​Mght my 2015 Z06 in outstanding condition Corvette we worth a little more next year (both as a private sale and as a trade in)?

And equally important to dealers, might it both of those things become true at the ME’s reveal, (again assuming that they are), do not we think that unsold 2018 and 2019 Corvettes with manuals would no longer significantly discounted.

If I were dealer X and those those things become true, I would consider dropping my discounts in half for my existing new Corvettes with manuals, the second those two maybe’s happened. And I might further consider ordering an additional batch (at least a couple of months of my average C7 current sales), of 2019 manuals for stock.
        Unfortunately, contemporary vettes just don't have that kind of resale value. Even if those stipulations you indicated are true. When the new models come out, the predecessor falls in value. Now with the new mid engine, this will be magnified. When the mid engine is introduced, there will be unbelievable deals on C7 GS, ZO6s, and maybe even the ZR1 as people attempt to sell their C7 for the new mid engine or in anticipation for the higher performance version. C6 Values will fall further. C6 ZO6 will ne had for a hop, skip, and a dance, C6 ZR1 values, low mileage examples even, may be available for low $50k.

IMO...
        Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-15-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post

That video was just a restatement of obvious stuff.

Comment

I believe there will be a slightly higher depreciation value at first aside from the most desirable models, but then the stabilization of price will happen sooner on the older models and then of course the more desirable models will appreciate in value with time as always.
            Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

It's going to be tough to predict depreciation until we know the MSRP. If it's around the same as current C7s, I think the C7s will take a hit, if it's more expensive, the hit on C7s won't be significant.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
                It's going to be tough to predict depreciation until we know the MSRP. If it's around the same as current C7s, I think the C7s will take a hit, if it's more expensive, the hit on C7s won't be significant.
                That is exactly why the Zora will not start less than 90-100K. GM would never cause that much chaos on the used Corvette market.

Comment

Originally posted by Skank View Post

That is exactly why the Zora will not start less than 90-100K. GM would never cause that much chaos on the used Corvette market.

Why would GM care about the C7 aftermarket? They stop making money on sales/resales after it leaves the dealership.

Comment

Because, they don't want their customers to loose that much on their depreciation. That is how Ferrari has treated their clientele for years.

Comment

Pics indicate this will not be a 90-100k car out of the gate. The brakes and tire size alone are a giveaway. Small premium over C7 prices...just like every other generational change, IMO.
                      Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-15-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks John...i still havent figured out how to post a photo...

for those that enjoyed the video even a little...im glad...for those that might feel it was a waste of time..

sorry guys..

just thought it would be possibly interesting.

i enjoyed the audi r8 owners perspective as he used to have a c6 as well.

nothing official yet just fun videos.

i would mention that back in the early 1980s...i had a very good friend who ran out and bought the last of the second generation camaros..

we were in our early 20s and when he talked about his z28..he was sure his was the last of the 350v8s..

i think it was a year or two later a third gen went from 305 to 350again...

but that last year of that secknd generation z28 sure had people convinced it was going to be the last 350cuboc inch motor...sales of that z28 that last year were stronger than expected for that reason...

i feel the same way about the manual transmission rumor..

i just dont believe its real...but if it is even for a year..

to answer your question John...its possible the c7 z06 650 hp manual could in fact hold its value better than in the past...

650 hp torch r3d convertible manual z06 s should be a high demand product..(as any color might be)

Comment

Because, they don't want their customers to loose that much on their depreciation. That is how Ferrari has treated their clientele for years.

Much different paradigm between GM/Chevy/Corvette and Ferrari. Corvette is mass produced and any tom/****/harry can buy one who has the cash from many many places. Ferrari has a much bigger hand in the aftermarket resale market for its cars and you're right, they do do what you say, because of the smaller # of cars that they produce, it keeps the values high - a high 2ndary market, means a high primary market. GM can't and doesn't control the 2ndary market like Ferrari does. Heck, Ferrari even dictates that you have to own a few used Ferraris before being able to buy a new Ferrari from the Factory. Are there exceptions? sure, but that's more the rule. Even buyers of used Ferrari's usually take the car back to a Ferrari dealer for maintenance, so that they can show the provenance of the car over time, and when spending $7k on a major service, you want the experts to do it, and and you'll never see a Ferrari owner say "i changed the oil in my 360 myself this weekend", like a Grand sport owner does
                          GM has never shown that they care about the 2ndary market like Ferrari does.

Comment

Thanks John...i still havent figured out how to post a photo...

for those that enjoyed the video even a little...im glad...for those that might feel it was a waste of time..

sorry guys..

just thought it would be possibly interesting.
                            I didn't dislike the video, I just thought that he didn't say anything significant, I'll explain:
                            He spent a lot of time saying "the car is different and people don't like change", which is pretty much a "water is wet" type of comment for every human
                            Not having a manual is controversial. "water is wet"
                            The car is radically different. - for those who aren't as involved in watching the development of the car or on this site, the fact that it's an ME probably surprised a few.

That's what fueled my response, nothing critical, I was just waiting for him to say something we didn't know already or say something insightful.

Comment

I've owned Ferrari's and that's what my dealer always told me. You're right though that GM and Ferrari have had polar opposite marketing styles. Maybe Corvette is moving in the direction of Ferrari to protect their clientele. It seems Porsche had tried to move in that direction as well.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X