FerrariChat remarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FerrariChat remarks

There are a lot of snide remarks on this Ferrari forum about the C8, but I liked this one.

"For the price of a carbon fibre package on a Ferrari, you can purchase a very nice looking sports car with a NA V8 495 HP engine that can do a sub 3 second 0-60 and some of you are nit picking the look of the lights in the rear. If this car is capable of decent driving dynamics it represents the automotive bargain of all time. It actually sounds to good to be true. I am anxious to test drive it to determine how much car can be had for this price. I would buy it to drive in the rain and definitely as a track car. And after a few years the depreciation will be less than a nice long weekend at a resort."

Thanks Will. Really nice find and post. That is a great FerrariChat comment. I know of some top dealers who have orders for C8 from folks who own a Ferrari. They are not planning to get rid of their Ferrari, just to buy an alternative daily vehicle. With the huge mileage depreciation on most Ferrari models (and why we see three year old ones often with 1,100 or even 750 miles, one could if a Ferrari owner, be financially better off only using their Ferrari for very special occasions and enjoying the thrill of a C8 as a grocery getter, hardware store, and gym vehicle.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I received offers from the Ferrari dealer in south Florida. I would have to wait 3 years for delivery if I wanted a new one. I would only be 85 when I got it. Then be afraid to put miles on it and lose thousands in depreciation. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

My buddy went with me to order our cars together back in late July. He has several Ferraris. He just took delivery of a new Pista. He loves his Ferraris but understands they are dramatically over priced. I will have his C8 in my garage beside mine as he will be on the West Coast when it is delivered. He is very excited about the Corvette and feels it is an outstanding value.

Maybe he will chime in as I talked him into joining this Forum the other day.

Comment

No Corvette, not even the rumored "Zora" supercar, will ever have the reputation and exclusivity that drives a lot of exotic car sales. But they will all be more useable, more practical, and way more affordable than similarly performing Ferraris.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

On the day in August when the C8 was introduced in Wayne NJ, there was a Ferrari in the parking lot. I mentioned it to the sales manager and he said the owner had put a deposit on a C8.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EDD9BB3-04D7-4339-8C14-0EA1129C2F8F.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	93387
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Chevrolet was smart enough to copy 458 and 488 Ferraris. This will attract many Ferrari owners like myself and my partner who own a Ferrari GT race team. It can be used daily and put alot of miles on them. It will put pressure on Ferrari to build a better car.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen j mccolgan View Post
                  Chevrolet was smart enough to copy 458 and 488 Ferraris. This will attract many Ferrari owners like myself and my partner who own a Ferrari GT race team. It can be used daily and put alot of miles on them. It will put pressure on Ferrari to build a better car.
                  Welcome to the forum Stephen! Great post, we look forward to your insight being an exotic car owner!
                  Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by stephen j mccolgan View Post
                    Nice to see you on board Doc. You can provide some unique insight. Once we take delivery, I will look forward to your impressions of the C8 as it compares to your F cars.

FYI: our cars are in the on deck circle for December orders.

Comment

I've been a member of Ferrari Life and Ferrari Chat forums for many many years and still own a couple F cars but do not use the forums any longer, there are many great people there and good gear heads but there are many who **** me off and at my age I want to be happy, if something in life bothers you get rid of it.

Comment

ANY legitimate GEAR HEAD will recognize the C8 for what it IS ..... A true “supercar” at a fantastic price point.

Dear Enzo,
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	76F11E4A-2117-4BF8-9457-98002348FD92.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	93650
                        2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                        1100 status 😊
                        2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X