MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

C8 Current & Upcoming Processes: What’s Happening This Coming Week and Afterwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this John. And congratulations on the Corvette Blogger "Shout Out!" for this information.
    Lord Help Me Be The Person My Dog Thinks I Am.

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post

That one came and went by
      That's my point, info from Concierges is less than accurate much of the time.

Comment

OH OH, The dealer I quoted earlier saying December 12 would be the next wave, well now he is saying the 19th!
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
          OH OH, The dealer I quoted earlier saying December 12 would be the next wave, well now he is saying the 19th!
          I heard from my dealer today that the 1st wave would be on the 12th, and the 2nd wave would be on the 19th.

But then he went on to say, "Who really knows", so I guess we'll have to just wait and see.
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I am looking forward to hearing from my fellow enthusiasts when they get their TPW. Now we have to wait another week? Well, I pity the dealers that have to work all weekend because I bet their workload will be double if it really is the 19th next
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I am looking forward to hearing from my fellow enthusiasts when they get their TPW. Now we have to wait another week? Well, I pity the dealers that have to work all weekend because I bet their workload will be double if it really is the 19th next
              Mine is the week of 2-24
              3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

2/3. I'm assuming a 4 week QA hold, but I should get it right after that as I opted for Museum delivery.

Comment

Correct that the Museum Delivery two week hold will run concurrent with the last two weeks of the quality control hold for all vehicles. However, you would need to work with Shane and Lori directly at NCM as to specific timing for your own car, for they might have 30+ individuals in the same category as you with their ability to do only do some many per day.

When for example, my C7 Z06 was a Museum Delivery, there were also too many wanting Museum Delivery for all to be accommodated during the first two days, so some were a couple of more days out. Best of luck yours being earliest possible. NCM staff will do all they can for all they can.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I know there are a million variables to the answer of this question.... Anyone have an idea of how long one might wait for a C8 Corvette to be delivered to California?
                    Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Correct that the Museum Delivery two week hold will run concurrent with the last two weeks of the quality control hold for all vehicles. However, you would need to work with Shane and Lori directly at NCM as to specific timing for your own car, for they might have 30+ individuals in the same category as you with their ability to do only do some many per day.

When for example, my C7 Z06 was a Museum Delivery, there were also too many wanting Museum Delivery for all to be accommodated during the first two days, so some were a couple of more days out. Best of luck yours being earliest possible. NCM staff will do all they can for all they can.
                      Good advice, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Welcome El Viejo. Glad you joined us. Great 1st post.

I know that the news will be disappointing to some (assuming the Concierge got it right that there is no consensus this coming Thursday), but whether there is a consensus this Thursday or not until next Thursday the 19th, will not result in a one day delay for those orders being picked up actually starting down the assembly line.

Nevertheless, we all hope that the next consensus is just days away!
                        John,
                        Thanks! Only time will tell. Concierge that has been helping me for months has been fantastic! I will be glad to get mine...
                        Last edited by EL VIEJO; 12-13-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Ok, information was released saying they needed three weeks for C8 production transition and that ended yesterday. Any news on CTF (Captured Test Fleet) production starting today?

Comment

What is the nature of the QCH (Quality Control Hold)?

Do they park them and inspect them? Do they build some non-customer cars during this time and then beat on them and see how they hold up and then make any necessary adjustments to the cars that they are holding?

Comment

I can't find the thread but the C7's saw one and it is expected, though not carved in stone that it will be 4 weeks. They are currently building "Captured Test Vehicles" for use at several driving experience programs like Ron Fellows and the museum and GM employees to flog around. They will build about 500 of those ending at the end of this month. The QCH is so if they find issues the customer cars will be close to the people who actually have the technical experience to fix them

Comment

Does someone know when this QCH begins, after x number of cars are built, a begin date sometime early in Feb?, a cutoff date sometime in Feb? Will cars produced early in March be subject to the QCH?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X