MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

C8 Current & Upcoming Processes: What’s Happening This Coming Week and Afterwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has never been a month when every Thursday was a consensus (new allocations provided). We do not know yet this month’s allocation Thursday, nor next. We hope to know this month’s real soon.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Thanks John for a very informative thread. This is the first time I bought a first year corvette. I never knew it was so detailed a launch process.

very specific ...btw the wait is killing many of us who reserved in may much less after the launch..

i would like to imagine Ill have a 2020 c8 if possible.

Everybody who knows me keeps asking me when the car is coming in.

i jist keep saying I expect it by next summer sometime and mention tje gm strike as the factor delaying the car.

before i expected the c8 around april may...now im just pushing it back a couple of months as a guess...

should be fun once it comes..

they say that absense makes the heart grow fonder.
      Same thing happens to me most days when I go the gym, i.e., “have you heard anything new about when your getting your Corvette?” I respond that I am expecting mine to arrive in early April. Still many months for us all to wait. Darn.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Grazie Mille John for all the great info in this thread! I tell people maybe I'll get my C8 for my birthday in May!!!

Comment

My son and I hope to get ours before Sebring on March 14-16, may not happen. We are taking museum delivery and thought about heading south for the event, sure would be cool to have a C8 pod at the race.

Comment

Hurry up they told me, put down your deposit now, be one of the first to have a C8 .... <sigh> Click image for larger version

Name:	36E1D8E8-F7CB-4CA6-9CCE-1C8F45195335.gif
Views:	567
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	94265
            TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned; 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004 : 1981 C3 White Coupe, 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by bpost22 View Post
              Hurry up they told me, put down your deposit now, be one of the first to have a C8 .... <sigh> Click image for larger version

Name:	36E1D8E8-F7CB-4CA6-9CCE-1C8F45195335.gif
Views:	567
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	94265
              “Spanky” blast from the past?

Comment

It's funny, I have some friends that aren't abreast of any of the latest regarding the C8. A friend called the other day asking if he could come over and see my new C8? He had heard I ordered one back in July and assumed that it was here. I told him to check back in April.

On a positive note, I spoke with my dealer Thursday. He said that my order is likely going in this month!! Yay! Maybe an early April delivery?

Comment

Sales Manager at Dealership called yesterday. Needs to know if I am going with HTC or Coupe. If I stay with Coupe, order will probably be picked up before end of December. If I go HTC who knows. He claims there will be very limited availability on the HTC for 2020.
                  So...Coupe good chance delivery in April or HTC May or later.
                  Anybody else hearing this?
                  B&B

Comment

I am not hearing word one about limited HTC availability once HTC production starts around April 1st. However, if a dealers has limited allocations for the year, and there are many ahead of a person on that dealership’s internal priority list who are wanting a coupe, it could well be that a specific dealership only sees a small amount of 2020 HTC’s.

We need to put the situation nationally into perspective that there will not be separate HTC vs coupe allocations, so if starting the expected, around end of January allowance for HTC orders to be submitted (again matched with an allocation), if a dealer had 10 allocations for the month, they could submit any combo adding up to ten orders.

One last piece of this puzzle, and that is while we expect HTC production to start around the beginning of April, and we know customer C8 coupe production starts on Feb. 3rd, that does not mean out of the gate that the line rate for coupes will be producing at the full, final rate of 11.6 units per hour (could well be less). Might not be until later February that the line hits the 11.6 units/hour. We just do not know — nor do I suspect GM right now knows.

The same thing will happen with HTC production, that it will start slowly and be increased as QC reviews show HTCproduction meeting all specs. This could mean that whereas the full rate of 11.6 units per hour allows up to 6 HTC’s/hour once start up is over, very early HTC production might be only about half that.

During the C7 era, not two convertibles could be built back to back. Is this true of HTC production? Might GM now yet know that, or have they already tested and confirmed that HTC’s can be built back to back? But not three in a row?

Comment

In conversations with the gentleman at my dealer, I was told that he would have his allocation numbers for the Dec 12th consensus by the 12th. Orders are then entered into the GM system(GM workbench?) by the following Tuesday. Since my order should go in that Tuesday (17th) I'll know whether or not I have any constraints on my order. I hope to work around any by selecting different options. If yaw'll keep us posted prior to then it sure will help. I'll let you know what happens with my order.
                      New C8: GDO yellow, DTH CF Racing stripes, Q8Q CF wheels, Z51, J6E yellow calipers, E60 Front end lift, ZZ3 engine appearance pkg, FE4 mag ride, 5VM C fiber ground effects, EYK chrome badges, FA5 C Fiber interior trim, AH2 GT2 seats, 3M9 yellow seat belts, HZN Natural Dipped Interior.

Comment

Thanks John, I was hoping you would answer my question.
                        My dealer (who is probably one of the best Chevrolet dealers I have ever dealt with) has 90 "Vettes" for the 2020 year. He has always been straight up honest with me.
                        I am in the top 20 but have been shuffled up in the order for various reasons before the strike. His "limited" comment seemed to be more of a production issue vs allocation.
                        Now things are getting started up the HTC window opened enough for me to want to change over.
                        Your information makes me feel better. I suspect my dealer is trying to keep my expectations in check.
                        B&B

Comment

Great info! Corvette Concierge told me “I can confirm that dealerships will be able to place orders right before the Holidays on the 19th”. He didn’t mention the 12th.

Comment

Welcome El Viejo. Glad you joined us. Great 1st post.

I know that the news will be disappointing to some (assuming the Concierge got it right that there is no consensus this coming Thursday), but whether there is a consensus this Thursday or not until next Thursday the 19th, will not result in a one day delay for those orders being picked up actually starting down the assembly line.

Nevertheless, we all hope that the next consensus is just days away!

Comment

Originally posted by EL VIEJO View Post
                              Great info! Corvette Concierge told me “I can confirm that dealerships will be able to place orders right before the Holidays on the 19th”. He didn’t mention the 12th.
                              I wonder if this is the same Concierge that told rickg747 the next consensus would be Dec 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

I wonder if this is the same Concierge that told rickg747 the next consensus would be Dec 5th.
                                That one came and went by

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X