MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

What do women think of C8???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    My wife likes the C8 and is excited for when we finally get one. She watched the reveal with me and loved it. She knows I want to wait to see a "Grand Sport" or something equivalent first and trusts my reasons why. She's also excited because she'll probably be driving this a lot more than she drives my current Camaro (manual transmission). She knows how to drive stick, but tends to avoid the Camaro due to the high HP that comes along with it. She feels the DCT will make this car more comfortable for her to drive.

    My girlfriend, on the other hand, is not much of a car enthusiast at all, doesn't like driving if she can avoid it, and doesn't really care too much. However, she still thinks it "looks pretty" and knows I'm all about it so she's always trying to plan trips with me to go and see it somewhere. We almost went to an auto show nearby since it was featured there but ended up not being able to make it. Now, it looks like there will be events next year from March until October where we can go to Kentucky and drive the C8 on a track for a whole day. My girlfriend is wanting me to go to this and says she'll happily come along with me when I do. So she still supports my C8 obsession even if it's just a "pretty car" to her and not much else.

    (And no, it's not what you may be thinking...I'm not keeping any secrets from anyone or doing anything behind anyone's back)

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Boomer View Post
      My woman (wife) likes it partly due to the fact her man (me) likes it. We collaborated on our C8 build. Same as the C7, she's gonna spring for half. She's got her pile and I got mine but we split the cost of cars. Seems fair, works for us. She does prefer driving the XTSvsport instead of the C7 but thats OK.
      My wonderful wife always pushes me to buy when I can't decide.

      When I bought my '77, I came back to the car and she asked if we made a deal. I said, "no, we are $1000 apart." She looked at me and said, "go back and give the man his money!"
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_0706Image0249.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	564.7 KB
ID:	93496

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Boomer View Post
        My woman (wife) likes it partly due to the fact her man (me) likes it. We collaborated on our C8 build. Same as the C7, she's gonna spring for half. She's got her pile and I got mine but we split the cost of cars. Seems fair, works for us. She does prefer driving the XTSvsport instead of the C7 but thats OK.
        The wife and I each purchase our own vehicles, but I see the value in your system and I may try to convince the wife on your cost-splitting approach when the Z06 comes to market (2021?).

        Wish me luck.
        Upcoming Vette:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

        Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Avatar Roku View Post
          My wife likes the C8 and is excited for when we finally get one. She watched the reveal with me and loved it.


          My girlfriend, on the other hand, is not much of a car enthusiast at all, doesn't like driving if she can avoid it, and doesn't really care too much. However, she still thinks it "looks pretty" and knows I'm all about it so she's always trying to plan trips with me to go and see it somewhere.


          (And no, it's not what you may be thinking...I'm not keeping any secrets from anyone or doing anything behind anyone's back)

          Uh-huh.....

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Boomer View Post


            Uh-huh.....
            Mobius doesn't judge...
            Upcoming Vette:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

            Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Mobius View Post

              Mobius doesn't judge...
              Boomer ain't no judge.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Boomer View Post


                Uh-huh.....
                Haha I promise I'm not being dishonest or misleading here about anything. My wonderful wife and I remain in constant, fully open, and fully honest communication about everything. It works for us. My wife and my girlfriend are friends, and we even will go on trips together with all 3 of us and I am able to spend time with both. Life is short, and as long as we are able to remain in fully open and honest communication, we want to fully enjoy it and live it while we can.

                As for when I finally get the car, my wife will be there with me for that moment and drive home in it with me. But as for going and just looking at C8's, my wife is not particularly interested in that since I can spend many hours doing so. She'll go once with me, but any other trips after that to just see it will most likely be with just my girlfriend.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I'll have to add to my demographics poll! "Married, with girlfriend!" lol
                  Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by John View Post
                    Interesting topic, though is it a little sexist? We have many MECF women members who own their Corvettes. A close friend of ours buys their Corvette. She chooses 100% of its options including its color, goes to the dealer and signs the papers, and the first time her husband sees it is when she brings it home. She is the principal driver of the car, though he will enjoy driving it when she is not.

                    Another close friend lead the NCRS certification of her C1. She is our State Farm agent, and she will decide when they get their new Corvette, choose its color and most of its options.
                    Sexist? Meh, sure, but even using the word "she" and "he" is sexist. If 50 percent of corvette buyers and/or drivers were female maybe you would have a point, but the vast majority of corvette buyers and drivers are men, so it is silly to pretend that the influence of sex does not exist and not to talk about it order to not be sexist.
                    Last edited by z8ra; 12-03-2019, 02:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      60% of new vehicle buying decisions are made by women.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

                      Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by John View Post
                        60% of new vehicle buying decisions are made by women.
                        And 25% of the men are liars!
                        Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Cool wife...photos of wife and girlfriend would be fun ..

                          congrats...

                          hope nobody is ill etc..


                          Originally posted by Avatar Roku View Post

                          Haha I promise I'm not being dishonest or misleading here about anything. My wonderful wife and I remain in constant, fully open, and fully honest communication about everything. It works for us. My wife and my girlfriend are friends, and we even will go on trips together with all 3 of us and I am able to spend time with both. Life is short, and as long as we are able to remain in fully open and honest communication, we want to fully enjoy it and live it while we can.

                          As for when I finally get the car, my wife will be there with me for that moment and drive home in it with me. But as for going and just looking at C8's, my wife is not particularly interested in that since I can spend many hours doing so. She'll go once with me, but any other trips after that to just see it will most likely be with just my girlfriend.
                          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I'm Corvette1953's wife, Debi.. I will give you my impressions of the C8. First my qualifications 1. I'm female, a mother and a wife. I have a degree in engineering and auto design. I worked for Ford Motor Company for 15 years in engineering/design until I started my own company that progressed into aircraft/auto fly/drive by wire systems and designs. I sold my company to a combined domestic/foreign automobile manufacturing company along with all of our patents, platform design etc. lock stock and barrel, and am retired. My first car was a Chevy Chevelle SS 396 w/4 speed transmission. I currently drive a McClaren 675LT Spider.
                            So here is my take..The car we have on order, my only input was for the carbon flash wheels, he was undecided so I checked the box for him. I do think the interior is going to be like the 1963 Corvette coupe, the split window looked good but was in the way for rear vision, I think that big long row of buttons needs to go. I understand what the designers were going for that "Drivers Cockpit" which is fine when the driver is alone but it isolates the driver from the passenger I might be wrong but most of the buttons can be pre programed through the touch screen info system and may not be used after time; with out them, the passenger side would open up allowing the passenger to become the co-pilot instead of a hostage. Look at the cup holder but how easy is the access to it for the passenger up and over the buttons we go... same with the rear armrest area IS the passenger going to be comfortable going cross country? The driver shouldn't be making changes on the info system while driving so if your destination changes how is the passenger going to assist the driver in making that change on the info system? Bottom line I like the drivers cockpit idea but not the way it's laid out on the C8. I like to talk to my husband when we go someplace if I am driving or he is, I just don't see it in the C8. When he says to me would you turn down the temperature,,,,, in this car, all I can say is call the Interior Designer Brian Stoeckel,(I think he was the lead on the C8 interior) he can turn it down for you.
                            The chassis platform is nothing short of fantastic, rigid without high door sills is every designers dream, light weight but solid, meaning not a bunch of nooks and crannies to hold road salt/**** that will haunt you later...We live in California and drive our cars all year round, I still go and buy groceries in our 1953 Corvette, only thing that holds more is our pickup truck .I'm sure once we get them and put some miles on them all of my disappointments will be nothing but smiles, I can't wait for it to arrive, just so I can blow his doors off with the 675LT, just kidding!
                            Thank you John for permission to use my husbands account, and thank you all for reading my take on the C8 from the wife/passenger point of view. Save the wave.....
                            Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by corvette1953 View Post
                              I'm Corvette1953's wife, Debi.. I will give you my impressions of the C8. First my qualifications 1. I'm female, a mother and a wife. I have a degree in engineering and auto design. I worked for Ford Motor Company for 15 years in engineering/design until I started my own company that progressed into aircraft/auto fly/drive by wire systems and designs. I sold my company to a combined domestic/foreign automobile manufacturing company along with all of our patents, platform design etc. lock stock and barrel, and am retired. My first car was a Chevy Chevelle SS 396 w/4 speed transmission. I currently drive a McClaren 675LT Spider.
                              So here is my take..The car we have on order, my only input was for the carbon flash wheels, he was undecided so I checked the box for him. I do think the interior is going to be like the 1963 Corvette coupe, the split window looked good but was in the way for rear vision, I think that big long row of buttons needs to go. I understand what the designers were going for that "Drivers Cockpit" which is fine when the driver is alone but it isolates the driver from the passenger I might be wrong but most of the buttons can be pre programed through the touch screen info system and may not be used after time; with out them, the passenger side would open up allowing the passenger to become the co-pilot instead of a hostage. Look at the cup holder but how easy is the access to it for the passenger up and over the buttons we go... same with the rear armrest area IS the passenger going to be comfortable going cross country? The driver shouldn't be making changes on the info system while driving so if your destination changes how is the passenger going to assist the driver in making that change on the info system? Bottom line I like the drivers cockpit idea but not the way it's laid out on the C8. I like to talk to my husband when we go someplace if I am driving or he is, I just don't see it in the C8. When he says to me would you turn down the temperature,,,,, in this car, all I can say is call the Interior Designer Brian Stoeckel,(I think he was the lead on the C8 interior) he can turn it down for you.
                              The chassis platform is nothing short of fantastic, rigid without high door sills is every designers dream, light weight but solid, meaning not a bunch of nooks and crannies to hold road salt/**** that will haunt you later...We live in California and drive our cars all year round, I still go and buy groceries in our 1953 Corvette, only thing that holds more is our pickup truck .I'm sure once we get them and put some miles on them all of my disappointments will be nothing but smiles, I can't wait for it to arrive, just so I can blow his doors off with the 675LT, just kidding!
                              Thank you John for permission to use my husbands account, and thank you all for reading my take on the C8 from the wife/passenger point of view. Save the wave.....
                              cool insight ..my passenger will only be my 24 year old severely autistic son. My better half and I only travel in her alfa stelvio ti sport on our weekly dates. She doesnt care for loud low sports cars and I can easily respect that.

                              fir that reason I love the wall between the driver and the passenger.

                              my better half says if Im happy thats good enough for her.

                              we must find our happiness in life and when that happens for each of us in our way all is well.
                              Last edited by JB; 12-04-2019, 02:09 PM.
                              Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Thanks Debi. We are so fortunate to have your automotive career expertise. It is clear that you are not just an automotive professional but a true gear-head too. Hooray for you.

                                As to your analysis, based on some posts by others earlier, I know that you are not alone in some of your thoughts as to what you wished were different.

                                You are welcome to post often, and should you wish, we would welcome your creating your own account. Thank you again.
                                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

                                Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X