Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do women think of C8???

Does yours approve???

2016 Stingray Z51 (TPW 8/3): Laguna Blue/Black (Wheels & Badges), M7, Mag Ride
    Instagram: carguy_11
    Facebook: CarGuy11 YouTube
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/CarGuy11C7

OMG yes, she's on board. When we were dating I had a mid-engine, blue, targa roofed sports car. For her it's nostalgia , for me, it's making driving fun again after years of SUV's for family reasons. Well there is my C1, fun to drive in it's own way. It's got to go though to make room for the new Vette. I'll have my memories of that car and plenty of pics and awards!!

Comment

My wife loves the C8. Maybe she will drive with me now. After a 4th gear pull in my C7 Z06, she refused to get in it again .

Comment

Does my bride of 51 years like the C8??? OH YEAH ! We both agreed immediately upon our first sight of the Zues Bronze/ Natural Dipped Coupe that would be the one. Click image for larger version

Name:	58EFB8AE-90E9-4E67-89B1-240AB38A64D5.png
Views:	552
Size:	871.1 KB
ID:	93122

Comment

Mrs Racer86 approves. She is waiting for her track days in her C8

Comment

We sold my wife's Camaro SS and will be selling mine when the C8 arrives. It will be the 3 season car for both of us. My wife wouldn't have let me sell hers if she didn't love the Corvette. Still like to know why people are so against the rear lights looking like Camaro lights. The cars are close siblings in many ways..
            Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Interesting topic, though is it a little sexist? We have many MECF women members who own their Corvettes. A close friend of ours buys their Corvette. She chooses 100% of its options including its color, goes to the dealer and signs the papers, and the first time her husband sees it is when she brings it home. She is the principal driver of the car, though he will enjoy driving it when she is not.

Another close friend lead the NCRS certification of her C1. She is our State Farm agent, and she will decide when they get their new Corvette, choose its color and most of its options.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Mine thought it didn't look like a Corvette and didn't like it until she saw it in person at the LA Auto show. When that happened she was immediately sold and texted photos of it to everyone important to her right there on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                  We sold my wife's Camaro SS and will be selling mine when the C8 arrives. It will be the 3 season car for both of us. My wife wouldn't have let me sell hers if she didn't love the Corvette. Still like to know why people are so against the rear lights looking like Camaro lights. The cars are close siblings in many ways..
                  That’s what we are doing also, selling the wife’s 2018 2SS conv Camaro to make room for our 2LT C8 Conv.

Comment

There are many women who are into cars same as men. Assuming this question is more targeted towards people who are not into cars. The overwhelming reaction I've seen from showing photos is "wow it looks like a Ferrari". Personally, I love that response. Ferrari makes beautiful cars.
                    2020 2LT Z51 Coupe
                    Red exterior, interior, calipers
                    Comp seats
                    Mag ride
                    Front Lift
                    Engine appearance package (for the lights). Will be selling the carbon fiber panels. Hit me up!

Comment

My wife is not a car person and as long as her car start and gets her from A to B is all that counts for her. She knows I am a car nut and never questions my buying a vette.
                      frankb

Comment

To my wife, a car is transportation. As long as it's comfortable and has a nice interior (note: "nice," not extravagant) she's fine. But she also knows I feel differently, and is fine with that, too. At least until she sees the bottom line price for the C8 I'll want.....
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb View Post
                          My wife is not a car person and as long as her car start and gets her from A to B is all that counts for her. She knows I am a car nut and never questions my buying a vette.
                          That's my situation as well. The wife really likes my C7 convertible, or I should more correctly say she likes being see in it.

I haven't told her I'm getting a C8, and I don't even believe she's aware that the next Corvette will be mid-engine, but I have no doubt she will enjoy the attention that the car (and she) receive.

She's got her hobbies and I've got mine, which has worked well for the last 32+ years.
                          Upcoming Vette:
                          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
                          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Interesting topic, though is it a little sexist? We have many MECF women members who own their Corvettes. A close friend of ours buys their Corvette. She chooses 100% of its options including its color, goes to the dealer and signs the papers, and the first time her husband sees it is when she brings it home. She is the principal driver of the car, though he will enjoy driving it when she is not.

Another close friend lead the NCRS certification of her C1. She is our State Farm agent, and she will decide when they get their new Corvette, choose its color and most of its options.
                            I don't think it's any more sexist than asking what do men think of the Mini Cooper. And considering (I assume) the vast majority of Corvette owners are men - perhaps a fair amount of them single - it's an OK question.

When I got my C7 I was the first one in the local area to get one and I have to say the vast majority of head-turning came from men (and little wide-eyed boys). Women barely noticed it.

Comment

What do women think ??? No one knows....not even the Shadow.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X