MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Reused parts on C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reused parts on C8

OK, I know GM says they only used 1 part from the C7, but they are using parts from the warehouse. The dial's on the steering wheel for the cruise and radio is exactly the same as the ones on my Malibu for example. Just wanted to point that out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	92845
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

** I'd need a side by side high resolution to tell.

** If "they are using parts from the warehouse", the parts aren't being "reused".

** If its the best application, no prob.
    Last edited by Boomer; 11-28-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
      OK, I know GM says they only used 1 part from the C7, but they are using parts from the warehouse. The dial's on the steering wheel for the cruise and radio is exactly the same as the ones on my Malibu for example. Just wanted to point that out.

IIRC I think the comment was more along the lines of “one single part front the C7. Tadge was very transparent during the Leno interview that they were able to leverage GM’s global supply chain to accomplish economies of scale. This is turn allowed the C8 to become the incredible bargain.

Comment

Corvette, and all other GM cars, have always used shared corporate parts ... it is a piece of how they keep costs down. As long as they do not distract from what make the car "special" I am good with it ...

Comment

Sorry, but they are not the same parts. 2015 Malibu and 2020 Corvette Pics

Name:	9741_st1280_176.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	583.3 KB
ID:	92882

Name:	2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-steering-wheel-detail-2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	92883

Comment

For every part on the C8 that you may recognize, there are hidden systems from GM cars and trucks, all of which make it possible to build the C8 reliably and affordably. Whether it's the cruise control, the ventilation system, the electronics behind the dashboard, or the engine itself, this car would not be possible if it did not utilize parts and systems common to General Motors.
            Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
              Rumor control otherwise known as MECF. Thanks Jag.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post

I should have clarified 2014 Malibu.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeSlayer View Post
                  Tadge was very transparent during the Leno interview that they were able to leverage GM’s global supply chain to accomplish economies of scale. This is turn allowed the C8 to become the incredible bargain.
                  Ya, I had forgotten that. But my point was who really cares whether they reused parts. All the sales guys (techs who demo the cars?) seem to be proud of that fact, but in reality they do use parts from the bin where they can, like you said, it saves.

Comment

Among the pick up truck crowd, there used to be a joke that the Chevrolet Silverado and the GMC Sierra were not identical under the skin. The GMC used thicker washers.

Comment

Technically GM can say it’s a new part, if it has a different mounting point. You are correct that they do use parts from other models no different than other large brands, they use the same parts to reduce cost.

Comment

Repurposed. Clever. Efficient. $59K. Thank you Corvette. A totally new car.

Reused?
                        Repurposed
                        Reimagined
                        Reconfigured
                        Reapplied
                        Reinvented
                        Redundant
                        Redone
                        Re-re-ed
                        59K 59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K ​​​​​​​59K
                        Last edited by SheepDog; 11-29-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Would not surprise me to learn that some fastener used on a Ferrari is also used on a Fiat 500

Comment

Tadge’s example of GM corporate volume pricing, in his great HTC video with Jay Leno, was buying the C8’s anti-freeze in bulk. For those who missed that BIG FUN video:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eno’s-garage
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I should have clarified 2014 Malibu.
                              2014 and 2015 Malibu steering wheels are the same.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X