• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rufus MacBlorf
    Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
    • Oct 2019
    • Camas, Washington

Custom stitching code 38W

Does anyone know the purpose of 38W? Could it be used to request blue stitching?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Codesa.jpeg.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	92784
    Blue Chevy
  • tooold2race
    Founding, Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
    • Jul 2018
    • Keller, Texas

I would sure like RED stitching with the DIPPED TAN interior!
    2020 HTC Torch Red, early build, Museum delivered ......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur, Mercedes EQS Sedan

Comment

• John
      co-founder/admin
      • Jun 2018
      • PNW

Standard stitching for many not specialized interior color options, is a light gray.

38S is a limited application option, as per below. Let us start with the intro that all red interiors, including on the 1LT, come with red stitching. But let’s say you wanted red stitching for your black interior. That is when you would want to choose option 38S.

Also see that there is custom yellow stitching available, again for limited applications.

Then there is a third color, the use of Tension Blue stitching which interestingly is standard on the two tone blue interior.

The dipped Natural interior comes with matching natural tan stitching. The Morello interior comes standard with Adrenaline Red stitching.

Below are is a picture from 7.18.19 and one from the Order Guide?

Any other deviations and changes from these that anyone can think of? Such as what does an orange interior come standard for its stitching.

Name:	4124FDF1-368D-42CF-845A-9C6500E23F99.jpeg
Views:	483
Size:	916.0 KB
ID:	92800

Name:	1C684053-8396-4A04-9C5B-D5492BC80032.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	92801
      2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Rufus MacBlorf
        Sr. Contributing Member & Patron
        • Oct 2019
        • Camas, Washington

Originally posted by John
        Standard stitching for many not specialized interior color options, is a light gray.

38S is a limited application option, as per below. Let us start with the intro that all red interiors, including on the 1LT, come with red stitching. But let’s say you wanted red stitching for your black interior. That is when you would want to choose option 38S.

Also see that there is custom yellow stitching available, again for limited applications.

Then there is a third color, the use of Tension Blue stitching which interestingly is standard on the two tone blue interior.

The dipped Natural interior comes with matching natural tan stitching. The Morello interior comes standard with Adrenaline Red stitching.

Below are is a picture from 7.18.19 and one from the Order Guide?

Any other deviations and changes from these that anyone can think of? Such as what does an orange interior come standard for its stitching.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1C684053-8396-4A04-9C5B-D5492BC80032.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	82.4 KB ID:	92801
        Are you saying you think 38W could be used to order tension blue stitching on a black interior?
        Blue Chevy

Comment

• John
          co-founder/admin
          • Jun 2018
          • PNW

Sorry but no. The Tension Blue stitching is only offered on the two tone blue interior. The only options are listed in that screen print from the Order Guide. I have reached out to someone who might well be able to add more into this thread, for perhaps option code D30 allows a stitching color deviation?

Name:	F4C3507C-D9CF-4E8C-935B-878966A6E8CF.jpeg
Views:	399
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	92815

GM has had a pattern lately of offering more stitching color options as the generation progressed. Personally, I expect that pattern to continue as the C8 evolves.
          2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Boomer
            ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
            • Jul 2018
            • MD

Originally posted by Rufus MacBlorf
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Codesa.jpeg.jpg Views:	100 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	92784
            Guess I'm missing something.

How come the prices shown above are different than whats shown here: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config (and on my order)?

Two examples: NPP $1,375 vs $1,195 and Transparent roof (CC3) $1,145 vs $995.

Comment

• meyerweb
              Special 2022 Contributor, Founding Member & Patron
              • Jul 2018
              • Northern Virginia

Orange interior? I'm not aware of that option.
              Delivered 5/29/2021!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels, Carbon Flash splitter and side skirts, magnetic engine cover mod & custom painted engine cover, AMT door sills, Soler throttle controller, SmartTop HTC controller
              >22,000 miles
              Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• John
                co-founder/admin
                • Jun 2018
                • PNW

Thanks for the correction meyerweb. My bad, for I was just finished helping a friend learn more about ZR1 options. No orange for the C8, yet.

Comment

• John
                  co-founder/admin
                  • Jun 2018
                  • PNW

Originally posted by Boomer

Guess I'm missing something.

How come the prices shown above are different than whats shown here: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config (and on my order)?

Two examples: NPP $1,375 vs $1,195 and Transparent roof (CC3) $1,145 vs $995.
                  The prices on the configurator are the latest ones, and the accurate ones. Nicely the two you are inquiring about have decreased from the preliminary price list.

Comment

• Boomer
                    ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
                    • Jul 2018
                    • MD

The prices on the configurator are the latest ones, and the accurate ones. Nicely the two you are inquiring about have decreased from the preliminary price list.
                    Great. Thanks John.

Comment

• meyerweb
                      Special 2022 Contributor, Founding Member & Patron
                      • Jul 2018
                      • Northern Virginia

Thanks for the correction meyerweb. My bad, for I was just finished helping a friend learn more about ZR1 options. No orange for the C8, yet.
                      Maybe next year!
                      Delivered 5/29/2021!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels, Carbon Flash splitter and side skirts, magnetic engine cover mod & custom painted engine cover, AMT door sills, Soler throttle controller, SmartTop HTC controller
                      >22,000 miles
                      Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• jagamajajaran
                        Sr. Event Correspondent, Major Contributor & Founding Member
                        • Jul 2018
                        • Lawton, OK

RPO 38W was a preliminary order code that was not included for production for the 2020 MY.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...