MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

C8 Lug Nut Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Lug Nut Size?

Hi All,
    Does anyone know what size lug nuts the C8 will accept?

Thanks!
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Yes, they were upsized to 14MMx1.5 MM (which we expected when the Camaro 1 LE ZL1’s were introduced with that size).
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Yes, they were upsized to 14MMx1.5 MM (which we expected when the Camaro 1 LE ZL1’s were introduced with that size).
      Thank you so much John! Your the best!!!
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Thanks much for this confirmation! The corvette concierge would not divulge this information, only telling me "we do not recommend buying non-GM lugnuts. We only support and validate our own genuine accessories"

I had the overpriced SPY option (black lug nuts) on my order on the off chance the lug nuts were custom sized. GM is getting enough of my money already

Comment

Are these the lug nuts that you need a 22mm socket on? GM screwed me up on my 2014 Malibu when I bought aftermarket rims for the winter tires I had to get splined lug nuts because the GM ones wouldn't fit in the holes in the new rims.
          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I raised this issue with a GM C8 engineer at the NCM 25th. I can only answer part of your question as follows, for this is what he said to me:

”During the testing of the C8, we repeatedly took off and put on C8 wheels with a impact socket set; there are no issues with those sockets fitting into the C8’s wheel holes.”

Due to their bigger size, C7 wheels will not fit without significant modification to those five holes.

As to whether aftermarket wheels are designed to accept the C8’s biggest lug nuts/ and the sockets needed to remove them, folks would need to check with the A/M wheel suppliers.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for that information. Do you know what the bolt pattern is?
              Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Are these the lug nuts that you need a 22mm socket on?
                Yes
                My 2020 C8 Gray Trident wheels have 22mm lugs.
                You need a 22mm socket on these wheel lug bolts.
                2020 C8 LT2 Z51 Gray outside & Red inside

Comment

Originally posted by Sparro View Post

Thanks for that information. Do you know what the bolt pattern is?
                  5 x 120 mm

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...2020.tab1.html
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I had to get splined lug nuts because the GM ones wouldn't fit in the holes in the new rims.
                    This why I choose to order the fancy factory rims on my C8. I really wanted to wait to get aftermarkets, but afraid I would be limited on choices, high costs, and monkeying with fitments of lug nuts, caliper clearance, offsets, body well clearance, etc... I have been down this road many times with friends and racing leagues, and don’t have the time these days. I do applaud those who are pioneering wheel fitments and mods!!
                    2020 C8 LT2 Z51 Gray outside & Red inside

Comment

Originally posted by rayzrocket2020 View Post
                      Yes
                      My 2020 C8 Gray Trident wheels have 22mm lugs.
                      You need a 22mm socket on these wheel lug bolts.
                      As Jeremy Welborn showed us in his video, he was using the equivalent 7/8” socket.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

5 x 120 mm
                        Just had a thought on this bolt circle dimension. It's an example of how the U.S. has pretty much become a metric nation in almost all ways except a limited number of consumer facing things. The C7 had a bolt circle of 120.65mm. Which seems like a pretty strange number, until you convert it and find that's exactly 4.75 inches. For the C8 (and I suspect all other future models), GM has abandoned the conversion and just gone with a pure metric spec. Which makes complete sense, given that we live in a global manufacturing world, and parts for US cars come from all over the world. I suspect every part of the C8 is spec'd in metric dimensions, and only metric.

Even the owner's manual gives information in metric first, then U.S. standard second.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Just had a thought on this bolt circle dimension. It's an example of how the U.S. has pretty much become a metric nation in almost all ways except a limited number of consumer facing things. The C7 had a bolt circle of 120.65mm. Which seems like a pretty strange number, until you convert it and find that's exactly 4.75 inches. For the C8 (and I suspect all other future models), GM has abandoned the conversion and just gone with a pure metric spec. Which makes complete sense, given that we live in a global manufacturing world, and parts for US cars come from all over the world. I suspect every part of the C8 is spec'd in metric dimensions, and only metric.

Even the owner's manual gives information in metric first, then U.S. standard second.
                          Funny, I was just gonna ask when you Muricans are gonna get with the rest of the world
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Funny, I was just gonna ask when you Muricans are gonna get with the rest of the world
                            I've driven in Canada enough that metric speed limits and gas by the liter are no problem for me. Booze, wine and most bottled water are sold in metric sizes here. Biggest changes for most Americans would be clothing sizes, speed limits (and all cars are required by law to be able to display metric and US), gasoline, and grocery stores. Oh, and beer. Not sure how beer got bypassed when liquor and wine got converted to metric.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Comment

I've driven in Canada enough that metric speed limits and gas by the liter are no problem for me. Booze, wine and most bottled water are sold in metric sizes here. Biggest changes for most Americans would be clothing sizes, speed limits (and all cars are required by law to be able to display metric and US), gasoline, and grocery stores. Oh, and beer. Not sure how beer got bypassed when liquor and wine got converted to metric.
                              Strange, Lumber here is still in Imperial / US. Framing lumber is still 2x4x8's and framed 16 inch on center etc. My tape measures are all inches. I can't even remember beer being in ounces though Kegs were in gallons. I didn't know that about cars displaying both US and metric. That's something I learned new thanks.
                              I still prefer MPG over L / 100k. Google tells me peoples weight in KG and height in meters and I have to google the translation. LOL
                              Some habits die hard.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X