Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Lug Nut Size?

Hi All,
    Does anyone know what size lug nuts the C8 will accept?

Thanks!
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Yes, they were upsized to 14MMx1.5 MM (which we expected when the Camaro 1 LE ZL1’s were introduced with that size).
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Yes, they were upsized to 14MMx1.5 MM (which we expected when the Camaro 1 LE ZL1’s were introduced with that size).
      Thank you so much John! Your the best!!!
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Thanks much for this confirmation! The corvette concierge would not divulge this information, only telling me "we do not recommend buying non-GM lugnuts. We only support and validate our own genuine accessories"

I had the overpriced SPY option (black lug nuts) on my order on the off chance the lug nuts were custom sized. GM is getting enough of my money already

Comment

Are these the lug nuts that you need a 22mm socket on? GM screwed me up on my 2014 Malibu when I bought aftermarket rims for the winter tires I had to get splined lug nuts because the GM ones wouldn't fit in the holes in the new rims.
          Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

I raised this issue with a GM C8 engineer at the NCM 25th. I can only answer part of your question as follows, for this is what he said to me:

”During the testing of the C8, we repeatedly took off and put on C8 wheels with a impact socket set; there are no issues with those sockets fitting into the C8’s wheel holes.”

Due to their bigger size, C7 wheels will not fit without significant modification to those five holes.

As to whether aftermarket wheels are designed to accept the C8’s biggest lug nuts/ and the sockets needed to remove them, folks would need to check with the A/M wheel suppliers.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Thanks for that information. Do you know what the bolt pattern is?
              2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ exterior on Natural GT1 HUV interior with 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZZ, ZYC, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI. Custom wheels on pre-order.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X