MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

POLL: C8 With Nothing, Spoiler or High Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: C8 With Nothing, Spoiler or High Wing?

Even though I am getting a Z51 then immediately replacing it with the high wing, IMO from a purely aesthetic perspective an entry C8 is the prettiest version. Be that as it may, what are your thoughts?

Click image for larger version  Name:	F71F8E93-2FE2-478A-8A22-8AB581E405C9.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	91899 Click image for larger version  Name:	D54533B5-FFC1-41EC-912F-FF27A92F8A1D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	91906 Click image for larger version

Name:	96A81346-E0AD-4889-AB16-F840426E8DDA.jpeg
Views:	1369
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	91907
    An entry C8 is perfect for my C8!
    28.83%
    An entry C8, but can’t wait to see ACS Composite options.
    3.07%
    Z51 spoiler with love!
    22.09%
    Z51 spoiler is something I am getting more used to over time.
    9.20%
    Z51 will be replaced by ACS’ or other aftermarket option.
    4.29%
    I am going to stay will my Z51’s spoiler yet might later add a GM or other high wing.
    6.75%
    At its PDI, bye-bye Z51 spoiler with my Tech installing my high wing.
    15.95%
    Other (please share what you are thinking).
    9.82%
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I don't mind the Z51 spoiler at all, I actually like it. But I love the High Wing much more.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I voted “other”
      I agree with you John. IMO the clean C8 is superb and the best looking design. I ordered Z51 to get FE4 period. I want that option and adding the Z51 is the only way to get what I want. I didn’t dislike the low spoiler just thought the C8 looked better without it. Now the more I see of this masterpiece I’m glad I’m getting the Z51 option spoiler and ALL .
      2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
      3000 status : TPW not known until 2 weeks prior to build 😬
      2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

Z51 with spoiler delete! I wish this option existed.

Comment

Guess I voted with the majority so far. My vote has nothing to do with the spoiler/wing. The "entry" C8 has every thing I need, "with love".

Comment

I voted other although entry C8 (3LT w/several options) at this point is my preference. I will entertain something from the aftermarket if they offer something similar to the C7 Z51 spoiler.

Comment

Z51 with body colored spoiler for me. I think it looks great. Opinions will vary. If we were all the same, life would be a bore.

Comment

My first C8 will not be spoiled, but I do think the high wing looks best in photos.
                2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

I voted Other. I want the high wing, but in matching body color not carbon flash, so the plan is to get one painted and I’ll probably install it myself.
                  GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

I'm getting the Z51 so i'm getting the spoiler. I don't think it looks bad but I like the clean look of no spoiler also. I wouldn't pay extra for it if it didn't come with the Z51 package.
                    On Deposit: 2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

I was dead set on the high wing when I first started choosing my options. But, pictures of the actual high wing were a let down. I didn't mind the Z51 wing, but when I opted to go for Z51, and saw the carbon flash ones, I started liking that a lot more than the body-colored Z51 wing. I think the base model with nothing looks a bit plain from the rear, so the Z51 wing in black isn't obtrusive, and complements the other carbon flash accents on the car.

Comment

Is it just me? Certain colors look better with high, others with low, and some with no wing.
                        C8er

Comment

I’ll take 5 pounds of suspension over 10 lbs of horsepower any day! The Z51 package was an obvious choice for me (as it was on my C7). I’m not enamored with the appearance of the Z51 spoiler but I like it for no other reason than it’s an engineered piece of the Z51 package. I have yet to see the accessory wing on any C8 that was given to a car magazine for testing! Why? IMO, the accessory wing looks like it is “bling” from JC Whitney! When I first saw the C7’s ZR1 high wing at the NAIAS, I wondered how I would ever swing a roller bag over that **** thing! Same with the C8’s accessory wing!
                          GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

High Wing for me! So happy I was just able to add it to my Museum Delivery. My wife and I are so excited!
                            Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - DELIVERED. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Richrat View Post
                              High Wing for me! So happy I was just able to add it to my Museum Delivery. My wife and I are so excited!
                              Me too! I wasn't looking forward to not having all my options when I arrived at the Museum.

Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X