MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

POLL: C8 With Nothing, Spoiler or High Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John
    replied
    The high wing rate rate is ...

With voting still open, and checking our here and there, it is appearing that on Corvette forums, the take rate on the high wing is 16%. However, it has long been a phenomenon that forum model and option take rates are more “aggressive” than the average Corvette buyer, e.g., more Z51’s than non, more aero components, and in this case I would guess a higher high wing percentage than among the average of ever dealers’ C8’ orders.

So might the high wing percentage be later shown in Michael Antonick’sThe Black Book when the 2020 ordering year is over be at around one-in-eight?

Leave a comment:

• MikeT
    replied
    "The GM person was dead wrong. Sorry but there is no option to delete the spoiler with a Z51 package."

When I was having my home constructed, the designer said, "anything can be done, if you are willing to pay for it. Of course, it might be prohibitively expensive."

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    The GM person was dead wrong. Sorry but there is no option to delete the spoiler with a Z51 package.

Leave a comment:

• freeman1215
    replied
    Interesting comment from BrainF18. "Z51 with spoiler delete! I wish this option existed". When I was at the LA Auto Show last Friday, the Rapid Blue Convertible on the rotation stage did not have the Z51 spoiler, so I assumed it was not a Z51 car. However, the GM person at that exhibit insisted that the car was a Z51 car! So maybe you can delete the spoiler?

Leave a comment:

• BYBY4RE
    replied
    John I 100% agree with your opening comments on wings. I feel the high wing is more of a low wing like the C7 ZR1 and will not be difficult to live with. The red car with the stripes and high wing really makes the C8 look like a race car.

Leave a comment:

• jjsaz
    replied
    I’m ordering a Z51 convertible for the power, brakes, tires, electronic limited slip rear end, FE4, the front end lift (high driveway entry and those darn speed bumps), and while I have no issues with the spoiler, I just came back from the LA auto show and now that I have seen the car without a spoiler, it’s an elegant look.

that all said, the actual high wing that was up on the accessories wall is pretty nice too, much better than the pictures I’ve seen suggest. IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Plasboy
    replied
    Well I’m pondering that combo. Would be different. Hope you can get it your way.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Plasboy I was thinking red wing on Elkhart blue

Leave a comment:

• Plasboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Wish you could order a color other than body or carbon.
    Ok I’m curious, what colors do you have in mind?

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Thanks Dave for your 1st forum post. We are glad you joined us.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Wish you could order a color other than body or carbon.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    We learned from GM that the wing has greater downforce for than the standard Z51’s 400 pounds, but whether that is 401 pounds or a moderately larger number is something GM has not yet shared. As we all also know, the high wing has less drag than the Z51 standard deck spoiler, but again is that fractionally less or a moderate or even a significantly amount less. We learned fairly early that the top speed of the entry car was 194 MPH, that the Z51’s is 184, so what is the high wing’s top speed? Is it 185, 193, or something in between?

Inquriing minds want to know, if nothing else as a trivia question answer...

Leave a comment:

• 455SDguy
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    IMO, when we see for ourselves the first C8 with a “high wing,” we will instead think (like it or dislike it), that is should have been called a “medium wing.” It is lower than most think from pictures, probably on the order of its top being less than 4” higher than the Z51’s.
    Great point John. I am still ordering mine with the HIgh wing. The one big question I have, as I am sure many others do as well is, What are the performance numbers of the high wing car. The C8 team hinted that the down force was greater than the standard Z51 spoiler but I am not aware of them stating what it is yet. The other big question is what is the high wing top speed numbers. Hopefully we will learn these numbers soon.

Leave a comment:

• ZoraC2
    replied
    Honestly, I think the C8 looks great all three ways. No Spoiler really shows off a wide flat backend. Z51 Spoiler gives you a great understated, slightly more aggressive look. Lastly the High Wing is an all-in super aggressive ready to pounce stance. I am personally going with the body color High-Wing. Because it's raised a bit I think it gives you the best of both worlds, It accentuates the wide flat backend but also screams super aggressive and exotic.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    IMO, when we see for ourselves the first C8 with a “high wing,” we will instead think (like it or dislike it), that is should have been called a “medium wing.” It is lower than most think from pictures, probably on the order of its top being less than 4” higher than the Z51’s.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X