MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

POLL: C8 With Nothing, Spoiler or High Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikeedge, nice first post A Blade Silver C8 is a beautiful car.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post
      Z51 with spoiler delete! I wish this option existed.
      I'm with brian on this one ... I'm going Z51 (today anyway) and hope something better comes along.

Comment

Z51 with carbon flash black finish. It’s just my thingy. I probably won’t see another on the road till late next year. Don’t see many C7’s around north Atlanta either these days. We all have to be different and that’s a good thing.
        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
        .VIN.1906

Comment

I've gone from hard spoiler delete to Z51 is starting to grow on me to Z51 is something I kind of like now.

I don't think I will ever love it but do think I will be able to live with it.
          ​​

Comment

Originally posted by jack1954 View Post

Don't worry about those tires brother, they will be shot in less than 6k miles. I've seen up close the rear of these cars with and without the spoiler and my wife and I both agree without is better, the rear wing reminds me of Dart Vader look like on the Mclarens and Lambos.
            In the second spy foto, the removable top looks good - breaks up the white - just right. Wing. options or none would make a nice package. But, with the Z51 option we get a lot more bang for the buck.
            and. The summer only tires cost 300 to 400 dollars each. Sell them or trade. I like the Hankook Evo Ventus V12 for touring, very inexpensibe, but I think Hankook retooled - I can't find them anymore.
            C8er

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
              The summer only tires cost 300 to 400 dollars each. Sell them or trade.
              Easy for you to say! I already had to make my wife get a paper route so we could afford a C8!
              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, 3300: July 15/20 3400: July 21 3800: July 30! Delivered?
              TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27.

Comment

I do not like the spoiler because it gives the back end a boxy look! I ordered the non-Z51!

Comment

Wondering what the Z06/GS rear wing option will look like.

Comment

In my opinion the BIG spoiler looked good on the Dodge Daytona and the Plymouth Superbird. Our Viper ACR had the BIG wing too. I wouldn't consider a C7 ZR1 without the big wing. From the pictures I've seen, I really think the BIG wing on the C8 looks like an afterthought to target a specific market segment, I guess I'm just not a part of that segment. Our Z51 'vert' will be just fine with the regular body colored spoiler. I'm certain that there will be no shortage of stuff from the aftermarket that buyers can hang on their C8's in the coming months....
                    C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

IMO, when we see for ourselves the first C8 with a “high wing,” we will instead think (like it or dislike it), that is should have been called a “medium wing.” It is lower than most think from pictures, probably on the order of its top being less than 4” higher than the Z51’s.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Honestly, I think the C8 looks great all three ways. No Spoiler really shows off a wide flat backend. Z51 Spoiler gives you a great understated, slightly more aggressive look. Lastly the High Wing is an all-in super aggressive ready to pounce stance. I am personally going with the body color High-Wing. Because it's raised a bit I think it gives you the best of both worlds, It accentuates the wide flat backend but also screams super aggressive and exotic.
                        2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts | 5JR Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | VQK Front/Rear Splash Guards | RCC Red Engine Cover

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          IMO, when we see for ourselves the first C8 with a “high wing,” we will instead think (like it or dislike it), that is should have been called a “medium wing.” It is lower than most think from pictures, probably on the order of its top being less than 4” higher than the Z51’s.
                          Great point John. I am still ordering mine with the HIgh wing. The one big question I have, as I am sure many others do as well is, What are the performance numbers of the high wing car. The C8 team hinted that the down force was greater than the standard Z51 spoiler but I am not aware of them stating what it is yet. The other big question is what is the high wing top speed numbers. Hopefully we will learn these numbers soon.

Comment

We learned from GM that the wing has greater downforce for than the standard Z51’s 400 pounds, but whether that is 401 pounds or a moderately larger number is something GM has not yet shared. As we all also know, the high wing has less drag than the Z51 standard deck spoiler, but again is that fractionally less or a moderate or even a significantly amount less. We learned fairly early that the top speed of the entry car was 194 MPH, that the Z51’s is 184, so what is the high wing’s top speed? Is it 185, 193, or something in between?

Inquriing minds want to know, if nothing else as a trivia question answer...

Comment

Wish you could order a color other than body or carbon.

Comment

Thanks Dave for your 1st forum post. We are glad you joined us.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X