MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

POLL: C8 With Nothing, Spoiler or High Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many choices. In fact as Harlan has noted the C8 has 11,000 different ones.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by whl3
      When I first saw the C7’s ZR1 high wing at the NAIAS, I wondered how I would ever swing a roller bag over that **** thing! Same with the C8’s accessory wing!
      Unless one is NBA tall, one loads and unloads suitcases, golf bags, coupe tops and similar from the side. I have friends who have mastered that process with their ZR1 high wings.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I voted for C8 (2LT) without Z51 (no plans to track/race-just for cruising), but awaiting ACS Composites to come up with a C7 style Stage 2 wickerbill, or something similar.
        2020 C8 Stingray Coupe; 2LT; G1E-LBR Metallic / HUV-Natural; AQ9-GT1 Seats; EFY; SHQ-Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; J6N-Edge Red Calipers; RCC-Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; BV4=DR X 2020 C8 ME STINGRAY GNOCC member. 3000 status=TPW 4-27-20.

Comment

After much thought making my build I opted out to a 3LT Zeus bronze without the Z51 package but added the High Wing in Carbon Flash. I felt that it made the car even more exotic and sporty.

Comment

z51 without spoiler, I wish the factory offered this so there would be no holes.

Comment

I think the look without a wing seems a little unfinished, just doesn't look like it really ends, just falls off. Would do Z51 anyway and see what comes out aftermarket.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

I am ordering every major option available except the carbon fiber. I would love to be able to do this without the Z51 package but it's not in the cards. I agree with you, John, that the entry level car is the most visually satisfying.

Comment

I voted other. I didn't want the Z51 because of the tires. I wish the Z51 wing was an option or I could opt for all season tires. Either way I like the car without the wing also. I have a wing on my 2000 Camaro SS and it's a pain washing under the wing so I'm happy enough without it.
                  Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                  Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                    I voted other. I didn't want the Z51 because of the tires. I wish the Z51 wing was an option or I could opt for all season tires. Either way I like the car without the wing also. I have a wing on my 2000 Camaro SS and it's a pain washing under the wing so I'm happy enough without it.
                    Don't worry about those tires brother, they will be shot in less than 6k miles. I've seen up close the rear of these cars with and without the spoiler and my wife and I both agree without is better, the rear wing reminds me of Dart Vader look like on the Mclarens and Lambos.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting that perhaps not one of us has seen a C8 with the high wing in person, yet we all have strong opinions of it. Might a switch happen if there are two C8’s beings PDI’d at the same time, one with and one without the high wing, specifically the person who chose not to get the high wing seeing it on the neighboring C8, and the one who ordered it having a second thought and thinking “just not for me” — then the first one buying the high wing from the other?

IMO, there are going to a be more than a few folks who when they first see the high wing in person, are going to be very surprised that the high wing is way lower in total height than currently expected — with some (25%???) then choosing to add it via the LPO accessory mode.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A275FE69-B848-4D52-82F8-46E94041C79A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	192.8 KB ID:	92043

Comment

Your correct John even aftermarket could have something that might be more appealing, time will tell. On another note about wings look at the wing on the C8R, the slots for which its mounted are elongated which leads me to believe the wing is articulate, this same type of wings have been used on Mclarens and Porsches for years, wonder what the Z06 will offer?

Comment

Someone told me that it's not just the high wing that gets added, but the part underneath it gets replaced as well. If that's true it would be an easy trade, no wing to high wing
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

It will not be a complex process to add in a high wing, but it will always involve rear fascia removal.

The rear fascia remains identical for every C8 Stingray (but as we know no holes in it for the entry car). What is added to those getting a high wing (both for entry and Z51 cars) is a set of vertical braces (just like the C7 ZR1 had), braces that transmit download forces from the high wing’s vertical posts to the horizontal, mid-fascia’s carbon fiber bumper beam.

Adding those braces to an entry car involves not just those same vertical braces but obviously drilling through the top of the rear fascia. For entry C8’s, and I am guessing also as part of the hardware package for the GM high wing, has those braces and additionally nuts/bolts and a temporary paper template to locate where to drill those holes. [Similarly, I expect ACS Composite’s spoilers to again have a paper template as they did for their C7 spoilers (for installs into entry cars.]

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
                              Is it just me? Certain colors look better with high, others with low, and some with no wing.
                              I agree, but I do like the high wing better than the Z51 wing on most colors. Mine? Smooth tail! Or should that be soft tail?

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                                Z51 with body colored spoiler for me. I think it looks great. Opinions will vary. If we were all the same, life would be a bore.
                                Also my favorite choice! My order is Blade Silver body colored Z51 wing. Woot!!!

Mike

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X