MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Edmunds C8 Stingray Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmunds C8 Stingray Review

More video viewing fun. Thanks Edmunds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EF726766-0E31-4297-A276-FA1A5A8C6E42.jpeg
Views:	3244
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	91584

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I ordered the Natural dipped interior and now Im a bit concerned by the reviewers comments regarding the reflection on the windshield with the tan interior. Hmm.......

Comment

Dang these videos - it's not helping my impatience.

By the way, the track in the video is the Los Angeles Porsche Experience Center - I live about 10 minutes from it, and can see cars going around it sometimes as it's right by the 405 freeway: https://www.porschedriving.com/los-angeles

Comment

With every review, my longing gets greater! I need a drink! lol
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

That’s a friendly and super complimentary C8 video.
          Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Fun video. I can not wait for my C8 to show up.

Comment

Good review. I like how he covers the modes and other things about the car. Picked up something I did not know.

Also, his comments on things like the interior - unique. Is that not better than just saying he does or does not like it? You decide for yourself.
              2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                With every review, my longing gets greater! I need a drink! lol
                Amen! Great to see Rapid Blue in action.

Comment

I originally had ordered the dipped morello and changed for the very same reason mentioned, concern about reflection.

Comment

At 5:16 in the video I noticed what looked like cracks on the tread of the tire. It looks like they are coming up off the side of the tire from molded lines evenly spaced around the side of the tire. Are they supposed to be there and if so, what is their purpose? Increased grip on the Z51 tires?Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum Pics-347.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	91610
                    1LT with Torch Red exterior and Black interior is now @ 3000.
                    Splash Guards and Cargo Nets From Wildhammer Motorsports already here.

Comment

Wow! Great catch. That does look like a crack .. it is on a production “seam”. I think these are summer tires?
                      Last edited by bpost22; 11-22-2019, 03:01 PM.
                      TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by newvetfan View Post
                        I ordered the Natural dipped interior and now Im a bit concerned by the reviewers comments regarding the reflection on the windshield with the tan interior. Hmm.......
                        If you have a pair of polarized sunglasses, the reflections should just disappear.

Comment

Very good review and man I’m really liking that Rapid blue exterior a lot more then other pics of it.
                          2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
                          3800 status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:30 🥳🍾
                          2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

Originally posted by newvetfan View Post
                            There was a class action suit against Porsche for the same issue. The settlement was for Porsche to pay for polarized sunglasses for everyone in the class. So if you have a problem, the fix should be pretty inexpensive.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post
                              At 5:16 in the video I noticed what looked like cracks on the tread of the tire. It looks like they are coming up off the side of the tire from molded lines evenly spaced around the side of the tire. Are they supposed to be there and if so, what is their purpose? Increased grip on the Z51 tires?Click image for larger version  Name:	Forum Pics-347.jpg Views:	65 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	91610
                              Hard to tell if that's a crack or mold flashing. On the tread it looks like a crack, but if you follow it down onto the sidewall it looks more like extra rubber, not a crack. The light is coming from above, so I think that's probably a shadow from a thin line of excess rubber from the mold.

If you look further down the image, you'll see a similar line at the bottom of the next tread block, then the middle of the block below that, and again in the last tread block in the photo.
                              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X