MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Which has the greater WOW factor: visible engine bay or HTC roof operation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two divergent schools of thought; nice that GM is accommodating to us all.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm like some here. I don't think the vert is open enough to make it worthwhile, but I do like the fact that it has a pseudo roll bar. I never wanted a 5th or 6th gen Camaro because of the lack of t-tops and my wife won't allow me to buy a vert because I like rolling my Camaro's when I hit black ice! lol. Of course, then, I voted for the exposed engine bay.
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

To me, it's not about the wow factor, it's about the ease of putting top up and down which means I'll drive top down far more often than I would remove the targa. (My dermatologist wouldn't be happy reading this!)

But even the soft top on my C7 still attracts attention when people see it in motion. I suspect the C8 will do the same, only moreso. Most people won't notice the engine unless the come up close and look over the whole car. The top motion will attract attention from quite a distance.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I definitely think on warrm days the convertible folding top will be the ultimate wow factor...

only car geeks will dig seeing the motor but everyone will be like wow as the roof goes up or down.

I'm buying the coupe that has the targa roof. I still get the wow factor then...

Just a different kind of wow factor ...with the targa off and driving Im smiling with the exposure to the outside world... i find that invigorating. With the folding hardtop...you get tjat at a touch of a button anytime you want and its so easy to close up anytime your better half wants too...its pretty neat.

i could be wrong but don't really think too many are going to be wow factoring about the visable engine bay..except maybe car guys..

its nice touch.
          Last edited by JB; 11-21-2019, 05:34 PM.
          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

The car alone , is the wow factor. The HTC or coupe will turn heads, car geeks or not. I like them both , and I am not a convertible fan. I just can't wait to get my car, I'm am so darn excited to own a piece of history.

Comment

+1 Lance,my feelings exactly! Hard to believe I would be on a C8 website posting about the ultimate American made sports car. Looking forward to the vert delivery in the spring.

Comment

HTC, But wait a minute!! Have had my HTC ordered 9 months now and just today have second thoughts after reading a post
                that describes the only way to access the engine compartment on the HTC is to remove the 12 bolts that holds the engine cover inplace.
                If that is true, then the engine is not Accessible, to view, to clean, etc. Can anyone confirm this (How to Access the engine on the HTC)???

Comment

My order is a Coupe with Z51 -- the most absolutely stunning configuration for me!
                  I voted visible engine as the biggest WOW factor for me -- the only thing that matters to me is how I feel about it.
                  There will be so many people who will be wow'ed by the HT action which is great for me -- I won't have so many people wanting to get up close and personal with my C8 Supercar!
                  I also think the HTC is the best vert I have ever seen -- so, so glad it is not a soft top -- so many of those look like they just don't belong.
                  Being a gearhead, I so much appreciate what a feat it was to make it a hard top.
                  And just look at those gears on the folding mechanism -- so cool!
                  (Even though they look like AT flexplates! ).
                  The folding and unfolding action is sooo slick -- well done Corvette team!

They also did a good job on the engine cover -- it will take 3 minutes max to remove it and it will give more access to the engine compartment than the coupe.
                  TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                  Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by lasdoug View Post
                    HTC, But wait a minute!! Have had my HTC ordered 9 months now and just today have second thoughts after reading a post
                    that describes the only way to access the engine compartment on the HTC is to remove the 12 bolts that holds the engine cover inplace.
                    If that is true, then the engine is not Accessible, to view, to clean, etc. Can anyone confirm this (How to Access the engine on the HTC)???

Correct 12 quick install/remove fasteners. With a small battery powered screw drill, it will take all of 2 minutes to get to take off the heat protective cover, and 2 minutes more to button it up afterwards. And for checking your oil or afterwards needing a little top up, you do not even need to remove the engine’s heat protective shield.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I voted for the glass engine cover but I am ordering the convertible. I like the coupe style but the convert with the top up looks about the same. But I want a convertible and besides when I drive to the golf course with the top down I can take out my clubs without removing the roof. Plus I can get 2 sets of clubs in the convert but not in the coupe. Just my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	2012 SLK1.jpg Views:	316 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	91268Click image for larger version  Name:	2012SLK12.jpg Views:	305 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	91269
                        My wife had a Merc SLK. She called it her baby car...

It was a fun car, but I found it lacking in HP. Perfect for her, though
                        Last edited by LightningBolt; 01-21-2020, 09:40 PM.
                        TPW 2-Mar

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post

My wife had a Merc SLK. She called it her baby car...

It was a fun car, but I found it lacking in HP. Perfect for her, though
                          This is the V8 421 HP Plenty of power for a little two seater. Fires the tires up on demand. Possibly she had the 4 or 6 banger? They discontinued the V8
                          Heres a fun video

Rocket City Florida

Comment

I didn’t catch that it is an AMG... that’s a car in a whole different category!
                            You’re correct about the engine, she had the 6-banger. Performance wasn’t terrible, but less than I wanted.
                            TPW 2-Mar

Comment

At 30 MPH it’s hard to admire the engine, easy to admire the convertible in operation.

Comment

I've had a lot of convertibles over the years and this is the first time I am ordering a nonconvertible sports car in a very long time. The WOW for me was the entire design of the car and the exposed engine compartment was the icing on the cake. The HTC is pretty awesome as well but I fell in love with the coupe when I saw it and i love the targa top.
                                My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X