Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

C8 Styling - A matter of Choice. What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    It's not perfect, but it is very, very good. I agree with MT that a lot of detailing is very busy. There are a couple of angles that make the rear deck look long enough to land a small plane on. The rear carries the "very busy" theme to an extreme, although it's much better in person than in most photos.

In spite of the above comments, though, overall the car is a smash hit. As my Porsche driving older brother said: It's *****in'. (Or b-i-t-c-h-i-n' in case the nannie filters get me.)
    On the same page with you meyerweb ... nothing that will keep me from buying one ... and agree with docprego on the convertible styling, I like it a bit better than the coupe

Comment

I've seen it in person and the rear end doesn't bother me as much as it did before I stood right there and looked at it. I still think it could have been a bit sleeker if they didn't go for the two golf bag rule and I do find it a bit overly busy with all the angles and cut outs.

Comment

I don't understand the vitriol towards the Camaro and it's rear lights. Camaro's are nice cars and the Corvette is always considered it's big brother. As a Camaro owner and lover for almost 50 years, I've never seen the worth / expense of a Corvette until 2020, but I've always admired the car. All it shows by having similar lights is that they are related. If you don't like the lights, that's fine, but to say you don't like them because the Camaro has them seems, well frankly, snobby. Sorry if I insulted anyone here. Just sayin.
        Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

I was a round tail light guy forever. Mainly because Corvettes had always had round tail lights. I am over that now and think the 2020 is absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Murray20c8, I love the Camaro too. As you noted both are really nice cars!
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
              I was a round tail light guy forever. Mainly because Corvettes had always had round tail lights. I am over that now and think the 2020 is absolutely gorgeous.
              By the end of 2020, a majority of all Corvettes made since June, 1953 will have non-round taillights.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I'd give the styling of the C8 coupe about an 8 out of 10. I would have liked the height to be about 2 inches lower to give a more streamlined appearance, and the design of the rear could have been better. But as John has mentioned above, the "busyness" of the rear can be mitigated somewhat by getting the car in black, as I am also. And for about $77K, not $100K, you're getting the maximum technical and engineering capabilities available for the car. The remaining options to bring the price to over $100K are for those who want the extra "bling". But I prefer "low key". I get my kicks from its performance and capabilities, and its ride and sound in the different driving modes.So the only concessions to appearance after the major technical options (Z51, FE4, 2LT, E60, NPP) are the carbon flash wheels and a couple of coats of CQuartz ceramic when I get the car home. I would have gotten black interior also, but the Natural was a concession to my wife.
                Last edited by FrankM; 11-21-2019, 09:10 PM.
                Black/ Natural (GBA/ HUV) Z51, 2LT, FE4, E60, NPP, Q8Q, VQK,....TPW: now 2/17/20

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                  I don't understand the vitriol towards the Camaro and it's rear lights.
                  Completely agree. I wonder if the people whining about the lights have ever looked at the back end of BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, and even Ferraris. Almost all manufacturers try to maintain a family resemblance in their various models. I can recognize the back end of an Audi or BMW at night just from the designs of the tail lights.

And aside from the shape of the lights, the back of the C8 really doesn't look like the back of a Camaro at all. Someon on another forum was whining about following a car he thought was a C8, but when he caught up to it he discovered it was a Camaro. My thought was that he needs new glasses.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

The C8 is the only car that makes me want to say 'Hey kids, can you pay for your own college, I want this instead'. The styling (and engineering) is that good.

Comment

Im really enthusiastic about the c8 styling. I believe it will be the best looking sports car Ive ever owned.

I believe its way more dramatic in person ..i love it in photos yet in person the compound curves and detail is extremely impressive.

i believe this design will age well especially for such a bold design.

no design is ever perfect to every onlooker...and thats ok too...

i believe the rear design works well in person although its a dramatic change from previous corvettes.

hearing the c7 tail light moaning when the c7 released makes me smile as I hear comments about the c8 rear bumper design.

now listen to how many people love the c7 design.

i would suggest giving the new c8 design elements time to breath...remember a good portion of the c8 rear end styling is also quite functional...(vents etc) that aspect leads to quite a techie look for the rear bumper cover with so many lines...

i kind of like the look. Im sure over time if GM wants to do a styling update to include the rear bumper cover...at that time people will be lamenting the loss of the sharp angle techie present c8 bumper cover...

besides rear bumper covers from the aftermarket are easy to produce and install if thats what is deemed marketable,

i dont know if the aftermarket demand will exist. I dont think Id buy one as I like to see and to own the original designers entire effort ...

for those that want a new rear bumper cover...speak out loud enough to vendors and I bet someone will create what you want...

they did with the wide body fenders in the c6 etc the rear bumper cover is even easier than wide body front and rear fenders Id imagine...

just my two cents and I prefer the vehicle just as it is.
                      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Style and design aesthetics are as unique as are people. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and every opinion is just as valid as the next.... That being said, for me, I don't like the camaro...I don't like the styling, I don't like its purpose or its place in the market as an unsophisticated muscle car. If GM gave me one, I'd give it back.

The corvette is supposed to be a "halo" car offering the best that America and GM have to offer. The C8's rear end family resemblance to the lesser camaro (IMHO) detracts from the C8's "specialness". I would have much preferred a stand alone design ascetic that is unique and borrows nothing from other GM designs. Moreover, I think GM designers missed an opportunity to bring back the circular taillights and reestablish historical cues and leverage well liked Corvettes styling lineage.

Is the "blocky" camaro rear end a deal breaker...No. But I firmly believe that GM should have worked a little harder on making the rear as special and attractive as the rest of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post

The corvette is supposed to be a "halo" car offering the best that America and GM have to offer. The C8's rear end family resemblance to the lesser camaro (IMHO) detracts from the C8's "specialness". I would have much preferred a stand alone design ascetic that is unique and borrows nothing from other GM designs. Moreover, I think GM designers missed an opportunity to bring back the circular taillights and reestablish historical cues and leverage well liked Corvettes styling lineage.
                          I am also not a muscle car guy and I agree with you that I would only have a Camaro, Challenger, etc if I had a multitude of cars. I also like round tail lights on some cars, like the C6 rear end is one of the sexiest Corvette sterns around. But, I don't see anything round in the C7 or C8 design that would work with round tail lights. The cars have become much to angular. I think they need a modern rear end. This is my least favorite part of the last 2 generations. Not sure what I would think best, but the C8 is a good bit of improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post
                            I'm in the "rear end" is a let down camp. I love the rest of the car. Front, side, interior etc. I can't get past the "Camaro" rear end. I really wish the designers had gone in a more organic direction and complimented the rest of the design. From the back it doesn't look like the same car as from the side or front.
                            Same here on the rear end. Imagine a C6-type of a rear end on this car.

Comment

I love the look of the C8 and can't wait to admire it in my garage. Sure, the back end could be improved on...but overall what the design team and engineers delivered is phenomenal. I spent hours on the confgurator trying to come up with my car. I kept second guessing my decisions because there are so many great combinations. If only I had a six car garage! On various threads some people have suggested concerns about the selections others have made. Bottom line is there are no bad choices. Whatever configuration someone chooses they will love it and enjoy it. Long live the C8!
                              Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

So far it looks like a 50/50 split in opinion. 55% people like or love the C8 design as is, 45% think it could be better. But no one hates it. I suppose given the demographic of the forum members the results are not surprising

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X