First Drive of 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible Z51 - Jay Leno’s Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Drive of 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible Z51 - Jay Leno’s Garage

Jay gets an exclusive first drive of the highly anticipated 2020 Corvette Stingray Convertible with Executive Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FE635768-56C8-492E-AA52-D76894EA61A1.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	116.6 KB ID:	90570

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jay Leno C8.jpg
Views:	1103
Size:	532.5 KB
ID:	90572
    Last edited by jagamajajaran; 11-17-2019, 11:44 PM.

Fascinating interview. Thanks Jeremy for sharing it with us.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Wonderful video, and I am only a short way through it. Thank you jagamajajaran.

Comment

PHENOMENAL! Best hour of video I've seen in a while, and in my color!

I've said it before and this video confirms it, the lines on the convertible are stunning, much more so than the coupe.

Comment

Definitely one of the top C8 videos we have seen so far. Lots of quality information, and best of all, tons of great audio. The C8 sounds fantastic, I love the crisp rev matched downshifts and the burble at idle. This will be a blast to drive.
          In Garage: 1985 Corvette Z51 Two-Tone Blue

On Order: 2020 Zeus Bronze (GUI), Natural Interior (HTN) 2LT Z51 Coupe

Additional Options: AH2, R8C, E60, 5DG, ZYC, FE4, VQK, TU7

Click here for a handy list of 2020 Corvette RPO Codes

Comment

Two Thumbs Up ! Thanks Jeremy.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

Excellent video. Thanks Jeremy. Always great to see Jay with Tadge in a new Corvette. Interesting that the car will mechanically hold back 20% of the torque, until it reaches 500 miles, to assure a "proper" break in.

Comment

Yeah I remember the C7 tach would not go to red line until 500 miles. Now the C8 holds power back not just the tach. I never beat on a new car ...even on a road test. That first 500 miles can be a pain in the neck to live with because you want to red line her. But just drive it more I guess. Can’t wait for March to get here. Oh boy that video just got me anxious again. Thanks Jeremy.
                RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                .VIN.1906

Comment

Interesting that this video has been sitting on the shelf for some time. Wonder who's decision that was.
                  C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                    Excellent video. Thanks Jeremy. Always great to see Jay with Tadge in a new Corvette. Interesting that the car will mechanically hold back 20% of the torque, until it reaches 500 miles, to assure a "proper" break in.
                    And something Jay couldn’t quite grasp, he kept attributing it to being a pre-production car. Tadge didn’t bother to correct him.

Comment

That was a lot of fun - thanks for posting Jag.
                      My C8:
                      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I must say this about Jay Leno driving the HTC with Tadge: it was about as informative as any video I've seen. In layman's terms, Jay, with his interview background and his love of cars, asked all of the pertinent questions (yes, it was scripted) of Tadge and what we all thought we knew, was confirmed. Thank you Jeremy for posting this!!

Comment

I have always held out Steve McQueen as the "Coolest man ever." Now Tage is beginning to push him. Jeans, running shoes-the whole bit. He just exudes COOL. With Leno sharpe enough to ask the right questions Tage is the perfect interviewee.
                          Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Great video. Man, never have I been more interested in a convertible!! Does anyone know is the roof CF?

Comment

Great video. Thanks Jeremy. Did not know about the Trunk/Frunk release lit safety buttons which is quite an improvement over the C7 trunk release. Also did not know that the back glass works independently from top. What a machine the C8 is.....
                              Heidi
                              Save the Wave

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X