C8 Dealer [email protected] starting December 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Dealer [email protected] starting December 3rd

Thanks to Rick Conti, we have learned that he and his Tech Chuck were able to sign up for the 1st Dealer Training Class at Spring Mountain. The original pre-strike schedule was to start them in late September, but we all know how 40 days of not making C8 CTFV’s (captured test fleet vehicles) interfered with that. This is really good news, if all goes according to schedule (which IMO there is no doubt that it will — in fact C7 production could have already ended today or most probably tomorrow), then the three week November 18-December 6th conversation to full time C8 production, etc, then full time 350+ CTFV assembly starts on December 9th.

Nice to see with this “next step” information from Rick, that things are back on track in the one more area. For those new to this GM process, a dealership can not deliver a new C8 without first having bought the requisite $1,484 speciality tools (separate thread we have here), and also having send two of their staff to Spring Mountain for combined track and classroom time.

There is one other program requirement that will be separately done, and that is sending key Chevy Corvette Technicians to local specialized “hands-on C8 systems maintenance and repair training” sessions.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Originally posted by John View Post
    There is one other program requirement that will be separately done, and that is sending key Chevy Corvette Technicians to local specialized “hands-on C8 systems maintenance and repair training” sessions.
    Wonder if dealers have to get that training done before they sell a C8 or work on the car.

Comment

What exactly is the role/purpose of the 350+ captured test vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
        What exactly is the role/purpose of the 350+ captured test vehicles?
        To do final validation testing but on cars that can later be sold. The validation isn't just on the car, but on the build process. After the plant retools, they will validate the build process with a slow ramp up to full speed production on customer ordered cars.

Comment

Well stated Jag. Put his precise comments another way, GM wants, in an abundance of caution, to insure that what we customers are paying for, are C8’s that meet/exceed their specs/standards. GM also has a requirement that before customer order vehicles are built, that they meet their 300,000 road testing mile standard for all new vehicle generations.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Wonder if dealers have to get that training done before they sell a C8 or work on the car.
            Before they deliver a new C8 and before they work a C8 delivered to another deliver but then brought to their shop for service.

Comment

Devastating News Received Today

I have been asked by my GSM to go to Spring Mountain for C8 training. As I attended the C7 training in November of 2013 I was looking forward to participating in the C8 session. I sent my cardiologist the “Disclaimer” just to make sure that I was cleared to attend before registering.

I received an email from his head nurse. Message read that he strongly advised that I not participate till April. Reason, I had surgery recently replacing my Pacemaker with a diffibulator/pacemaker. I feel fantastic but I had a feeling this would be the recommendation.

My next question is does anyone know how long the C8 training will run till? You don’t know how disappointed I was, however best not to temp fate and risk the consequences. It sucks getting old (81)

Comment

Sorry to hear you are not yet medically cleared for the training. We have not heard an ending date for it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X