Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last C7 Build

Has the last C7 been built?

Is the plant in shutdown for the retrofit?

IIRC it was scheduled for Nov 15th. But that may have changed.

Comment

I live right up the road from BG and saw a tractor trailer full of brand new, transpo-wrapped, C7's headed north just yesterday. Couldn't help but think...Who would by a "new" C7 at this point.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance. What is IIRC?

Comment

Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post
          Sorry for my ignorance. What is IIRC?
          If I Remember Correctly.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post
            I live right up the road from BG and saw a tractor trailer full of brand new, transpo-wrapped, C7's headed north just yesterday. Couldn't help but think...Who would by a "new" C7 at this point.
            Most of those were ordered well before the strike, and most are probably for dealer stock. There are still a lot of people who think Corvettes should be front engine, long hood, short deck designs. Or who want a supercharged Z06, which you can't get in the C8. Or who just don't like the C8 for various reasons.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Or manual transmissions.

Also, dealers need to sell Corvettes and there was, even based on the original schedule, a couple of months with no new Corvettes being manufactured.

Also, perhaps GM is offering more lucrative incentives on C7s. Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post
                I live right up the road from BG and saw a tractor trailer full of brand new, transpo-wrapped, C7's headed north just yesterday.
                Thats good news. Moving out the final 700 or so C7s ordered by customers. Some good buys there!
                Last edited by Boomer; 11-13-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I have to admit, until I learned of the C8 in August of this year, I did not pay any attention to the C7 at all. However, I have grown to really appreciate the C7 in terms of styling and performance. I think the interior is ehhh.....but overall I really love the C7. I have gone onto many sites looking at the good deals which will only get better in the coming weeks. I find myself thinking about getting a C7 to hold me over until the C8 comes. Then, I remember the time of year here in the Mid-Atlantic and kick myself back into reality!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	89711 I said goodbye to my 2014 torch red C7 two weeks ago. I did so with a lump in my thoat. It was an early delivery C7 and garnered lots of attention. It was a great car...and I hope it's new home treats it as well as I did. My C8 TPW is 2/24. I figured there would suddenly be lots of C7s on the market once C8s begin to be delivered...thus driving the resale price down. So I sold now...and it seems prices are beginning to dip. But to those who have a C7 or plan to buy one....it's one hell of a car. Enjoy it!
                    Last edited by JPD1111; 11-13-2019, 08:16 PM. Reason: To add a photo
                    Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

Originally posted by JPD1111 View Post
                      I figured there would suddenly be lots of C7s on the market once C8s begin to be delivered...thus driving the resale price down. So I sold now...and it seems prices are beginning to dip. But to those who have a C7 or plan to buy one....it's one hell of a car. Enjoy it!
                      Congrats on the sale. Nobody can time the market. My strategy is to use my C7 till my C8 arrives.
                      Last edited by Boomer; 11-13-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

We do not yet know whether the C7 production has ended.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Just to wrap this thread up, C7 production ended at approximately 3:10 p.m. on Thursday, November 14, 2019.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X