Which seat are you getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which seat are you getting?

I am curious to see what see you all are choosing. I was set on GT2, but I am starting to think I may go with GT1.
    GT1
    32.29%
    GT2
    56.25%
    Competition
    11.46%

I am going with the GT2 for purely aesthetic reasons. My wife is not a fan of how the GT1 looks and I tend to agree. Function wise it is hard to argue that the GT2 offers anything over the GT1 besides nappa leather in a few spots and the metal rear cover.

Comment

Originally posted by drbodzin View Post
      I was set on GT2, but I am starting to think I may go with GT1.
      Same here but after reviewing all the available info on the seats I chose the GT1.

Comment

I am planning on keeping my C8 for a long time, which motivated me to choose the 3LT option and consequently the GT2 is part of that selection. As I understand the GT2 seat has a lumbar adjustment option, which is important for me on road trips. Being of large frame, the GT3 seat is not an option for me. IMO, I would worry about the GT3 raised bolsters on the side being too restrictive in size as well as showing wear quickly.
        Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned; 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004 : 1981 C3 White Coupe, 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Are GT1 bolsters adjustable with 2LT package?

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
            Are GT1 bolsters adjustable with 2LT package?
            Yes, the bolsters are adjustable with 2LT package, along with heated/vented seats, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bpost22 View Post
              I am planning on keeping my C8 for a long time, which motivated me to choose the 3LT option and consequently the GT2 is part of that selection. As I understand the GT2 seat has a lumbar adjustment option, which is important for me on road trips. Being of large frame, the GT3 seat is not an option for me. IMO, I would worry about the GT3 raised bolsters on the side being too restrictive in size as well as showing wear quickly.
              The GT1 has lumbar adjustment in a 2LT. Only the 1LT lacks lumber, adjustable bolsters, and heat / ventilation.

To answer the OP, I'm still debating. I'll probably go with 2LT because I want seude inserts, but the idea of paying $2100 just to get suede annoys me more than a little.

(Before someone says suede doesn't cost $2100: to get suede you need to pay $1500 for the GT2 seats, then $600 for a suede steering wheel. That bites considering the suede inserts on my C7 cost a total of $500. )
              Last edited by meyerweb; 11-11-2019, 10:35 AM.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Cool grey, two tone, GT2. These will be my first heated AND cooled type. Does A/C get piped into the seats ?
                Ht. 5'-10"
                Wt.175 lb
                The GT3 would fit me fine - but i plan to do some GRAND TOURING. ... (mostly).
                C8er

Comment

This was an issue I puzzled over. Even started a thread on it a while ago. Given that I was decided on 2LT trim, I went for the GT1 seats because the differences, which are basically cosmetic, made the GT2 not worth the premium to me.
                  2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  Z51 + MRC
                  Spectra Grey Tridents
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

Tough choice since I have the competition seats in my C7. I would consider the GT2 seats but I need to see them in person.

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post
                      Cool grey, two tone, GT2. These will be my first heated AND cooled type. Does A/C get piped into the seats ?
                      No A/C. The fan just picks up air from under the seats and blows it through the seats. But if the car is closed and the A/C on, the air will be reasonably cool.
                      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                      >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

2LT, two-tone GT2 seats (grey/black).

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
                          2LT, two-tone GT2 seats (grey/black).
                          I've got two-tone grey GT2 seats on my order too. A winning combination

Comment

Comp seats for tracking. Might reduce the resale, but that's predominantly the reason I'm holding out for a Z06. Also, this might save the trouble and expense of bolting in a six point.
                            2015 Z51 Stingray
                            2018 Honda Goldwing
                            2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

2lt, gt2 seats, red & black
                              72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X