What do you plan on doing until February 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you plan on doing until February 2020

Now that the new SORP has been reset (again) is there anyone out there (John) who knows someone who also knows someone in GM , that can PLEASE release the "2020 Corvette Owner's Manual" asap?

Since I (we) have another almost 3 months to sit on our butts and wait and wait and ... we can spend our time learning how this great new machine works by memorizing the manual and to get a warm feeling that we will know how to integrate immediately with the C8 when we finally get ours. I think this would be a positive move to help us to deflect any negative emotions we may have acquired.

What do you think??

Drive my C7.

Read the C8 OM once it's made public.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Plow snow till spring and hope my c8 is built by then.

Comment

I really just want to forget and focus on other things but just can't lol

Comment

I'm going to jump on some last minute cruises to the west and east Caribbean to help make the time fly by. I'm fortunate to live close to Port Canaveral and Miami is only a couple hours away as well. I just hope I don't have to install a larger seat in the Stingray from eating all the fantastic food on the ships. LOL
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Working with an master architect and a master builder to design our downsized retirement house, then watching it be built — that is when I am not here on the forum or otherwise searching to learn more C8 information.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Knocking down my two car garage and putting up another one two feet taller. The roof is shot, the garage door is broken, the siding on the garage does not match the house. If I fixed those three things alone, i would be kicking myself for not making it higher. My town will allow 15' in height. Got a whole list of sfuff I want to do in there. At least a 60 amp sub panel, water, compressor, lift, air hose reel, electric power washer mounted, vac, ect... Should be submitting my plans next week to the city. (Preparing the Nursery!)
              Last edited by Rick M; 11-08-2019, 07:15 AM.
              72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

Comment

After the Holidays, heading to Florida till April.
                Lots of time to Ride the Harley, catch Mecum, Daytona Speedway, Bike week and lots of good eats and drinks on the beach.
                B&B

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Working with an master architect and a master builder to design our downsized retirement house, then watching it be built — that is when I am not here on the forum or otherwise searching to learn more C8 information.
                  Moving out of state? Or local?
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I'll be driving my other cars as long as the snow doesn't fly. Getting the snow blower attachment on the John Deere. Not going to Florida this winter so I split 2 cords of wood.

Comment

Well, this is sort of old hat for me. When I placed my order for my 2014 C7, it was in January and she didn't arrive until late October - 9 months. I placed my C8 order in early September and figure it won't arrive until May -- another 9 months. Until then I'm just so very happy that I didn't panic like some and rushed to sell my C7.

Comment

Ive ordered a 1LT so I'm thinking my wait will be 6 to 8 months before I get my C8. Until then I will continue having fun driving my Dodge Challenger in the snow up here in Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                          I'm going to jump on some last minute cruises to the west and east Caribbean to help make the time fly by. I'm fortunate to live close to Port Canaveral and Miami is only a couple hours away as well. I just hope I don't have to install a larger seat in the Stingray from eating all the fantastic food on the ships. LOL
                          Three years ago I took a Holland America repositioning cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Italy (14 nights) spent a couple of days in Rome, then activated my 14 day Eurail pass and traveled to Austria, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, and finished in Paris, flying back to the USA. I am a train nut. Got to ride a bunch of express trains at 155 mph, and spent four days of history, at Flanders Fields in Belgium, and the American cemetery, with General Patton, in Luxembourg.

The month felt like 10 days, and got me out of late winter at home and I returned in Spring.

Others may prefer other destinations, but the idea of a vacation to somewhere interesting and warm is ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick M View Post
                            Knocking down my two car garage and putting up another one two feet taller. The roof is shot, the garage door is broken, the siding on the garage does not match the house. If I fixed those three things alone, i would be kicking myself for not making it higher. My town will allow 15' in height. Got a whole list of sfuff I want to do in there. At least a 60 amp sub panel, water, compressor, lift, air hose reel, electric power washer mounted, vac, ect... Should be submitting my plans next week to the city. (Preparing the Nursery!)
                            Sounds awesome... consider adding a four post lift in one of the stalls.
                            Upcoming Vette:
                            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package

Current Vettes:
                            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I'll have to agree with Mobius, the lift makes working on things much better/easier ...
                              A thought if I might ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X