Black or Red? Have to decide today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black or Red? Have to decide today.

Cant Decide, the red is sentimental for me, but the black looks more European classy. Driving me nuts picking between the two. WIll probably Xpel and ceramic coat at least part of the car. Thinking 3LT with black seats and red stitching no Z51. This is really close to my build with trident wheels in either black or spectra gray.
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2436.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	88146 Only you can choose. No wrong choices here. Good luck!
    p.s. I ordered red, but that first black pic in your post is perhaps the nicest looking pic of a C8 I have seen.
    Last edited by Dumbell2; 11-06-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Red looked so amazing when it rolled out on stage at the reveal....I'd go RED

Comment

If you go black, PPF the ENTIRE car (I prefer Suntek Ultra for better gloss & less orange peel), then add a couple coats of Gtechniq EXO v4 hydrophobic coating. PPF is to prevent swirls & rock chips. The hydrophobic coating is to make cleaning easier. I owned a black car once. Doing this is the only way I would ever do so again. I don't care what it costs (will be in the ballpark of $7kish with a new car paint correction), it is just a consequence of the choice to go black.

Very happy with the results of doing this on my red hot Z vert.

PS - If you go red, do the same.

Comment

Is there a single color that does not look great on a C8? If so, I have yet to see it. dev23007, the “decider” to me when I am stuck between two great options, is to visualize coming out of lunch to a parking lot where my the two (or three different) top choices are,, and then my having to mentally pick which one I not only want to drive away in, but the one I would want to see when sneaking for my that last look of the car in the garage before I go to sleep at night (yeah, I do that probably the first week and more when I get a new Corvette).
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkk View Post
            If you go black, PPF the ENTIRE car (I prefer Suntek Ultra for better gloss & less orange peel), then add a couple coats of Gtechniq EXO v4 hydrophobic coating. PPF is to prevent swirls & rock chips. The hydrophobic coating is to make cleaning easier. I owned a black car once. Doing this is the only way I would ever do so again. I don't care what it costs (will be in the ballpark of $7kish with a new car paint correction), it is just a consequence of the choice to go black.

Very happy with the results of doing this on my red hot Z vert. PS - If you go red, do the same.
            Could not agree more with your plan (though my pro detailer chooses one or two different products of equal excellence. Our black car will have SunTek, XPEL, and CQuartz Finest Professional as its primary “protectors” following first a rigorous paint cleaning and then “polishing to perfection” pre-processes. Yes, it will be expensive, but when we turned in our 4 1/2 year old, 28 state visited, C7 Z06, my last look at it before walking way, was to be amazed at how glossy and beautiful its paint was. My wife and I envision ourselves as our Corvette’s “caretakers” — fortunate enough to have been the first owners, but taking care of it to its last day with us as if we are going to keep it forever.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	AB2A76E3-86B0-4618-A690-22B1A894A547.jpeg Views:	90 Size:	246.5 KB ID:	88165 I just imagine a 488 Ferrari and which color looks better IMO. You decide. I’m red and some are black. Aren’t there new restraints on red now because so many orders were received and accepted. ? I think I read that somewhere. Correct me if I’m wrong.
              Last edited by MikeC8; 11-06-2019, 04:46 PM.
              RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3000 TPW 2/24

Comment

Red. Black gets lost in the sea of other cars, even if the car really looks cool in black. Red pops, and I think shows the lines better. I'll never own another black car again; it'd show up every speck of dust minutes after washing it.

Comment

I think the black one shows the lines a little better.
                  I imagine that a properly maintained Black C8 would be a show stopper//winner.
                  C8er

Comment

Red / Natural is very Italian (e.g., Ferrari) looking. Black, as they say, isn't a color, it's a job. For black car owners it's ABC (Always Be Cleaning).

Buy what YOU like, but for me the choice would be red / natural.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Name:	F9D64189-B288-4216-A0EE-43F538968345.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	88189Click image for larger version

Name:	819F6D50-9E10-425F-A2FF-346F41F2B419.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	88188 I love black corvettes with black wheels (or polished) and black interiors (or red and black) that said Im going torch red with black interior. Its a fun color.

all the colors are fabulous..

its such a personal choice.

torch red with black and red stitched 3 lt suede inserts interior at carlise PA show was showcased in the glass building if your looking for a sports car supercar exotic and one that will put a happy smile on everyones face...i tend to follow what the corvette designers choose to showcase the car...

fun, bold, bright, loud, race car like in appearance.

that said....the

black is svelte , sexy, cool , stealth like in appearance.

id say most beautiful girls like bright red.

Most beautiful women prefer black.

red with the black accents is screaming exotic sports car high performance.

black with black body accents is stealthy and lean.

GM chose torch Red as its premiere poster c8 for a reason...thats GM s vision of what the corvette is.

loud proud and bold.

cant go wrong with that.

without question black will be contemporary longer as many styling details are more subdued

stealth fighter and sexy.

my current corvette is black and about the last few years as I washed and spray waxed it weekly in 12 minutes flat by hand...i have to be honest and say I did mumble to myself quite a few times... torch red next time...lol...hehehe..looks great in so many colors..

id follow the exact torch red c8 z51 fe4 with black 3 lt interior shown at carlisle if you are asking for suggestions...its just an opinion yet since that what was was shown at carlisle in the most prestigious space inside that glass showroom...thats what I would look at before deciding..

good luck and no wrong choices.

color is such a personal thing.

f
                      Last edited by JB; 11-06-2019, 12:56 PM.
                      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I'd go RED ... best of luck in deciding ... did I say RED

Comment

Name:	70E343F3-0194-4882-A317-3B82287DBAA9.png
Views:	274
Size:	851.5 KB
ID:	88192Click image for larger version

Name:	07B2C8D9-79CB-45AB-A908-ABEC66CF64C5.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	88191
                          Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by gunkk View Post

Very happy with the results of doing this on my red hot Z vert.

PS - If you go red, do the same.

100% agree with everything above.

Comment

I agree there is not a bad color choice or option choice for the C8. The red and black look amazing in person.
                              GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet black/suede interior; Yellow stitching and belts. Z51 & Mag Ride; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6E yellow Calipers;

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X