Lowering the C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post

Wrong! if you don't measure the weight at each wheel, you don't know if the adjustment change was exactly the same for each wheel. plus, you don't have a base line weights to start from
    for fun say one wheel picked up more weight when you lowered the car, I have stated this before on MECF you would have one wheel with less than idea weight and produces" the table with a short leg". That is what will happen.The car will have different right and left turn feedback. this is very well known in the suspension and alignment of high speed performance cars that are setup and worked on by true professionals . FACT !
    Meant to say , If you lower Each corner of the car Exactly the same distance, It Wouldn’t CHANGE * the corner weights

Comment

Absolutely nuts IMHO. I wouldn't even consider lowering the car unless it has the adjustable shocks for starters. Secondly, who knows how doing so will affect handling long term. As a terminal track rat, I would in no way run long term on the street that which I run on the track settings wise.
      2017 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by majic1980 View Post

Meant to say , If you lower Each corner of the car Exactly the same distance, It Wouldn’t CHANGE * the corner weights
        Correct, but you still need to check

Comment

My Challenger has been lowered for 5 years. I've never once had a problem with warranty. Never had uneven tire wear and have not had any issues with other suspension parts wearing prematurely. I don't know why people are so scared to lower their cars. I think a lot of the info out there is false and just scares people unnecessarily.

If the C8 engineers didn't want you to lower your car why would they have put adjustable collars on the springs of the Z51 package? Mine will be lowered all the way before I pick it up from the dealership.

Click image for larger version

Name:	challenger.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	86591

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Are you getting a Z51? If so, you'll be able to lower all 4 corners. If not, there's no built in ability to lower the car.

Just based on the photos of the suspension we've seen, I'd guess no more than 2 hours for a professional mechanic with the right tools to lower all four, then the cost of a four wheel alignment.
            Yes I'm getting Z51.

Comment

Originally posted by Hebstar11 View Post

Yes I'm getting Z51.
              Won’t take more than 1/2 hour to lower all four coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by sebringc8 View Post
                My Challenger has been lowered for 5 years. I've never once had a problem with warranty. Never had uneven tire wear and have not had any issues with other suspension parts wearing prematurely. I don't know why people are so scared to lower their cars. I think a lot of the info out there is false and just scares people unnecessarily.

If the C8 engineers didn't want you to lower your car why would they have put adjustable collars on the springs of the Z51 package? Mine will be lowered all the way before I pick it up from the dealership.

Click image for larger version

Name:	challenger.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	438.5 KB
ID:	86591

I 100% Agree , Im lowering my C8 an inch all the way around ( as God intended 😊) BTW your Challenger looks sick 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by majic1980 View Post

Yes it DOES change the corner weights because you’re lowering the COG. The car doesn’t come corner weight balanced from the factory. That’s actually impossible because they don’t know how much you weigh with your safety gear on or how much fuel you will have in the car for your event. You cant simply lower each corner the same amount and expect the car to be “balanced”. Doesn’t work that way.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X