Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today: Carbon Revolution, from Australia, Discuss Their Carbon Fiber Wheels

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett sits down with Tim deSouze from Australia and Brad Lethorn from their North American office. https://youtu.be/F0LBAqkYjY4; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...rxNOYlIxPjYr24. Tim and Brad talk about the origins of the company, what other car brands they make Carbon Fiber wheels for and the future of Carbon Fiber!It's a fascinating and informative show! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.Listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, join the Facebook group, sign up for email notifications and shop in the CORVETTE TODAY Merchandise Store at:
www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 3 < >

Ten Words Maximum Or POTM’s Disqualified

Every single month people are forgetting how to count to ten — the maximum amount of words in our POTM contest. So starting tomorrow, if your entry exceeds 10 words, it would be DISQUALIFIED for the month. No “re-do’s,” edits. nor substitutions afterward.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8 Stingray Chevrolet today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Stingray Chevrolet today

Did any members stop by Stingray in Plant City to see the C8 today?

I did, I was glad to finally see it in person, but it was just one car, the orange with the dirty grey interior we've all seen online. I am getting a convertible with and was hoping one would be there, along with the blue two tone interior, so a little disappointed. I did not experience and line of sight issues (or understeer lol). I adjusted the seat to driving position and sat in both driver and passenger seats (3LT, GT2). VERY comfortable and I will be doing those too. The wall of buttons is definitely there, but I don't think it would bother me too much if I was a passenger. What else can I say? Oh I asked about GMS or Family First discounts. One person said not for a while and one guy said I hope never. That dealership won't be getting my business. To think it is one thing if you are on commission I guess, but to say it to a customer? I'm sure they could care less about my business though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191022_104607.jpg
Views:	1199
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	84843Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191022_120037.jpg
Views:	1151
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	84844Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191022_120414.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	84845Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191022_120045.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	860.0 KB
ID:	84846Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191022_120948.jpg
Views:	1206
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	84847
    --2021 3LT Z51 HTC Silver Flare, black w/ yellow stitching, seat belts, Mag Ride, Lift, CF trim, Powder coated yellow calipers, Carbon Fiber Splitter, Skirts, Spoiler, Diffuser, Corsa Variable Sound Exhaust, BC Forged 20/20 KL01s, Lingenfelter lowering collars, Ceramic coated
    --2014 Highly Custom Street Glide Special
    --2018 Summit White/Blackout Suburban RST

Past:
    --1971 C3 RESTOMOD Blue/Black 496ci/722hp/704tq 5-speed/Coilovers and lots more
    --2002 C5 Black/Black Targa 6-speed Z51 (1st Vette)

Comment

[QUOTE=mike73229;n84842]I did, I was glad to finally see it in person, but it was just one car, the orange with the dirty grey interior we've all seen online. I am getting a convertible with and was hoping one would be there, along with the blue two tone interior, so a little disappointed. I did not experience and line of sight issues (or understeer lol). I adjusted the seat to driving position and sat in both driver and passenger seats (3LT, GT2). VERY comfortable and I will be doing those too. The wall of buttons is definitely there, but I don't think it would bother me too much if I was a passenger. What else can I say? Oh I asked about GMS or Family First discounts. One person said not for a while and one guy said I hope never. That dealership won't be getting my business. To think it is one thing if you are on commission I guess, but to say it to a customer? I'm sure they could care less about my business though.

Thanks for your comments, Mike. Will be going over tomorrow to get a closeup view of what is close to my order with MacMulkin: SOT 2LT, Z51, GT2, lift and wheels.

Comment

Here’s the “just before/beginning” pictures thanks to CorvetteBlogger.

Name:	B0B3FFCF-6A42-44A7-809D-B995DB56DEF9.jpeg
Views:	1080
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	84886

Name:	951DF8F3-F857-4D33-A402-C4869C9E9CD0.jpeg
Views:	1107
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	84887

Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

We must have been pretty close to each other today (mike73229). We got there around 10:15-10:20 and the line inside was pretty short (maybe 20 or so people in line). When we got finished looking at everything the line was going outside and across the parking area. The seats were in pretty rough shape, but the car looked amazing and I was glad to finally touch and feel everything. I'm so glad we went (dragged some of my car friends with me).

Name:	Covered C8.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	84894Click image for larger version

Name:	front C8.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	84895Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior C8.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	84896
          Attached Files
          My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars: 2020 ELB 3LT Z51 (by far my favorite car that I have owned) 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2020 BMW X6 (fun SUV).

Comment

Yep we were there same time! I got there about 10:40 and waited probably 45 min. in line. Left at 12:15. Definitely worth going to see the car. Now I really can't wait for mine, and haven't even ordered it yet.
            --2021 3LT Z51 HTC Silver Flare, black w/ yellow stitching, seat belts, Mag Ride, Lift, CF trim, Powder coated yellow calipers, Carbon Fiber Splitter, Skirts, Spoiler, Diffuser, Corsa Variable Sound Exhaust, BC Forged 20/20 KL01s, Lingenfelter lowering collars, Ceramic coated
            --2014 Highly Custom Street Glide Special
            --2018 Summit White/Blackout Suburban RST

Past:
            --1971 C3 RESTOMOD Blue/Black 496ci/722hp/704tq 5-speed/Coilovers and lots more
            --2002 C5 Black/Black Targa 6-speed Z51 (1st Vette)

Comment

You'd think GM would at least try to scrub those seats clean(er) by now.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My wife and I showed up around 12:00 to a line around the building. I think we waited a hour and a half to get to the car, it was nice to see it in person, Super nice car , everything I expected. If you get a chance , you need to see it .

Comment

I was at the Stingray Chevy reveal as well. after waiting in Iine, I was a bit disappointed after the long drive and seeing this sign as I got closer.
                  There was also someone from the dealership in front of the car telling people to move faster. I was there with my wife at about 4 pm and there were only about 30 or 40 people waiting in line at that time.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5051.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	85023
                  Last edited by Garabaldi; 10-23-2019, 08:10 AM. Reason: photo

Comment

I had the same opinion, long drive 30 sec view time. seat comfort was similar to my C7. I had hoped to learn a lot more. model colors on the wall don't look representative of actual car. Did get to measure width of car WITH mirrors. 85 inches.
                    New C8: 3LT, GDO yellow, DTH CF Racing stripes, Q8Q CF wheels, Z51, J6E yellow calipers, E60 Front end lift, ZZ3 engine appearance pkg, FE4 mag ride, EYK chrome badges, FA5 C Fiber interior trim, AH2 GT2 seats, 3M9 yellow seat belts, HZN Natural Dipped Interior.

Comment

I didn't mind waiting, we figured that a ton of people would be there , I was more upset that they had ran out of posters before we got there . the line of climate control buttons down the console isn't as tall as it looks in pictures at all.
                      my wife and I were sitting in the car and that was the first thing she commented on. I didn't really see anything that jumped out at me as being a problem, only time in the seat will tell.

Comment

I guess the above sign "limit to 30 sec in car per person" Post 9 means no one got to operate the front lift. LOL I'm surprised about some of the comments, because Stingray in Plant City is supposed to be such a great dealership. We were actually going there to talk about their allocations - now we wonder whether we should even bother.
                        Question: Did they have the Spectra Gray Machined Trident Wheels on display? We are thinking of adding them to our TR exterior. Wonder how shiny they are. In simulator they look great but we are on the fence until we see them in person. We have a C8 display at Wallace Stuart (our club sponsor) on 2 Nov. Hopefully they show the different wheels then.
                        Thanks for all the comments by the attendees.
                        Heidi
                        Save the Wave
                        2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

The travelling display has each wheel finish so you will be able to see the spectra gray.

This picture is from the display when it was at the NCM.

Name:	IMG_1372.JPG
Views:	797
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	85092
                          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                            You'd think GM would at least try to scrub those seats clean(er) by now.
                            See those seats is exactly why I went for two tone in my natural interior. I didn't want my seats to look dirty, so I figured the black in the center would help with that. I think part of the issue is the hole pattern, which makes the seats look dirtier than they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                              I guess the above sign "limit to 30 sec in car per person" Post 9 means no one got to operate the front lift. LOL I'm surprised about some of the comments, because Stingray in Plant City is supposed to be such a great dealership. We were actually going there to talk about their allocations - now we wonder whether we should even bother.
                              Question: Did they have the Spectra Gray Machined Trident Wheels on display? We are thinking of adding them to our TR exterior. Wonder how shiny they are. In simulator they look great but we are on the fence until we see them in person. We have a C8 display at Wallace Stuart (our club sponsor) on 2 Nov. Hopefully they show the different wheels then.
                              Thanks for all the comments by the attendees.
                              Heidi
                              Save the Wave
                              Honestly, I didn't think Stingray was all it was cracked up to be. I think he (Steve Hurley) said they were sold out of what they predict will be there whole first year allocation (at least I think that is what he said). They did have a good inventory of C7's but the cars on the lot were pretty filthy (even those parked close to the entrance, normally its not a big deal but with all the people coming in to see the C8 I would have figured they would have presented the dealership alittle bit nicer). Their prices on cars seems to be ok, but not the best deals I have seen around this area. They did do a good job of having water, snacks and food trucks around and several of the staff were pleasant to talk to. I don't know them personally and have never bought a car from them, Two friends bought cars, one liked the dealer one didn't (Camaro guy liked them the Corvette guy didn't, which was odd).

If I knew at the beginning what I know now about dealerships, allocations etc etc (which most I learned from this site and the knowledge from all the people on here) I would personally go to MacMulkin (I bought so many cars from them when I lived in NH, If memory serves I think it was 8 cars). They were always a great dealership and treated me extremely well over the years. The staff was great and service was one of the better ones. But that is just my opinion, and from what I have seen there are several dealerships that sponsor this site and all seem really good.

As for the Spectra grey rims...I am not getting them but they are still my first choice even more so after seeing them in person. My wife really wanted the carbon flash 5 spoke and that is the only time she has specifically requested something on one of my cars....So if it made her happy I was willing to let go of my 1st choice .
                              My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars: 2020 ELB 3LT Z51 (by far my favorite car that I have owned) 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2020 BMW X6 (fun SUV).

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X