Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Corvette Zora = Base Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette Zora = Base Car

So what are your thoughts on how they will chose to name this car? My opinion is that the base car will be called the Zora.

The upper trims, in my opinion, will remain ZO6/ZR1. I think Chevy has too much invested in the ZO6/ZR1 nameplates. Those names mean a great deal and they have been cemented in corvette culture with the C5/C6/C7 generations. Moving away from them does not make sense.

The C7 paid tribute to the Stingray and I believe the C8 base car will pay pay tribute to Zora.

Thoughts?

I really don't mind what it's called. I believe that it was Code named Emperor years ago from GM. I am looking forward to the newest technology within the many years of R&D involved in the build. Hopefully GM will reveal some info soon. I am itching to drive a new ME soon. Hopefully a GM product.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I agree I think this is exactly what they will do.
      Sigmon - Hamilton, Ohio, USA
      2021 Elkhart Lake Blue Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 3LT Z51, D30, BV4, E60, EYK, FA5, FE4, Q8T, ZZ3, J6N
      Deposit: March 20/20, 1100: Nov 17/20, 2000: Feb 12/21, 3000: Feb 17/21, 3300: April 15/21, 3400: April 23/21 TPW 5/3/21, 3800: 5/4/21, 4200: 5/10/21, 5000: 5/10/21, 6000: 5/10/21

Comment

Very possible.

So we would have a....

*the entry level 2020 Corvette ME;

*then a Zora Z06;

*then a Zora ZR1;

*with somewhere, at some time, a Zora GS.

And to compliment this, we could remove the French flag from the V emblem, and replace it with a stylized “Z.”

Thanks to CRABBYJ for his many months ago rendering of the ME’s possible emblem. I have felt since the first day I saw it, that he was spot on — that that is what we will be seeing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	73539FB8-BC7A-467E-86D8-47BFA09A7093.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	655.8 KB ID:	8444
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Not what I was trying to say, John. I believe we will see the following:

2020 Corvette Zora
          20xx Corvette ZO6
          20xx Corvette ZR1

i don’t think Zora name will appear on ZO6/ZR1. Zora will only appear on base car, IMO. The ZO6/ZR1 nameplates stand on their own merits.

Comment

We have different forecasts.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              We have different forecasts.
              Indeed we do. I think putting Zora before ZO6/ZR1 marginalizes the Z nameplates. Time will tell who is correct.

Comment

I think that you're right on the nose

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post
                  Not what I was trying to say, John. I believe we will see the following:

2020 Corvette Zora
                  20xx Corvette ZO6
                  20xx Corvette ZR1
                  That will only work if they drop the FE car. Having two completely different cars (ME & FE) called the Corvette Z06 would be far too confusing.

My guess (and that's all any of us can do) is the "base" car will be the Manta Ray, and the turbo high performance version will get the Zora nameplate.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Zora is the name of the ME. The Stingray, Grandsport, ZO6, ZR1, nomenclature has absolutely nothing to do with the mid engine car. Don't confuse yourself with front engine model names. It will never happen.This is a new world !!
                    Last edited by Skank; 09-09-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skank View Post
                      Zora is the name of the ME. The Stingray, Grandsport, ZO6, ZR1, nomenclature has absolutely nothing to do with the mid engine car. Don't confuse yourself with front engine model names. It will never happen.This is a new world !!
                      Those Z nameplates can absolutely be used on the ME car, and I believe they will. The FE is dead after C7, IMO. I can’t imagine GM brass doing both cars (FE and ME) moving forward in an era were CAFE standards are getting stricter and electric is going mainstream. Additionally, too much equity built in the Z brands for them to simply be dropped. I don’t believe it will happen.
                      Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-09-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

What Skank said.

Comment

Originally posted by Skank View Post

Ditto that the ME is a brand new, brave new world.

Comment

I’m siding more with John on this one too! Zora’s proclivity towards racing/competition was his driving force behind his dream of a Mid Engine configuration, beginning with the CERV I, was for a race car. The first Z06 was developed as a race car version of the Stingray. As was the original Gran Sport a complete race car. To badge the “performance” versions as Zora Z06, Zora Gran Sport or Zora ZR1 (not to mention that GM also, not long ago, patented the term L88) over the base car, makes perfect sense to me. IMO

Comment

Zora Arkus-Duntov-Duntov saved the Corvette.

Z06 and ZR1 are important models, but in comparison with the Corvette’s existence, I am more inclined to think of the entire 2020-2026 (?) generation of ME’s are consequently all a Corvette Zora — and then being further differentiated.
                              Last edited by John; 09-10-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X