Initial C8 Production Now Moved to TPW’s of January 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial C8 Production Now Moved to TPW’s of January 20th

1st TPW’s for C8 Now Not Until The Week of January 20th.

Click image for larger version  Name:	840D976F-C7BB-430D-AEE1-54F867A2481D.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	466.1 KB ID:	81838

How do we know this? We know that the initial C8 production has been moved to January 20th due to factors including...

Information given by Chevy Chat to a person whose car had/has an EXTREMELY low VIN, that customer being told by Chat today that his TPW, which was originally confirmed for December 2nd production (an order with no complicating issues such as requested changes, no constraints effecting it, etc), now has a January 20th TPW.

Additionally, by seeing many additional posts by those whose orders were scattered for the TPW weeks of December 2nd, December 9th, December 16th, January 6th, and January 13th, all who have reported back, have also not provided us a single TPW earlier than January 20th.

We have also seen on videos posted, dealership personnel reporting back that all TPW are now not scheduled earlier than Feb — but perhaps those dealerships initially, due to their smaller size, did not have any TPW’s during December.

As we all know of the annual, two week of the scheduled Bowling Green Assembly two week Christmas/New Year’s vacation period, this new TPW means for most a net delay of five weeks. And of course, not coincidentally we are in week five of the strike.

Let’s hope for no further TPW pushbacks!
    Last edited by John; 10-14-2019, 01:28 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

not surprising ... Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	840D976F-C7BB-430D-AEE1-54F867A2481D.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	466.1 KB ID:	81838

How do we know this? We know that the initial C8 production has been moved to January 20th due to factors including...

Information given by Chevy Chat to a person whose car had/has an EXTREMELY low VIN, that customer being told by Chat today that his TPW, which was originally confirmed for December 2nd production (an order with no complicating issues such as requested changes, no constraints effecting it, etc), now has a January 20th TPW.

Additionally, by seeing many additional posts by those whose orders were scattered for the TPW weeks of December 2nd, December 9th, December 16th, January 6th, and January 13th, all who have reported back, have also not provided us a single TPW earlier than January 20th.

We have also seen on videos posted, dealership personnel reporting back that all TPW are now not scheduled earlier than Feb — but perhaps those dealerships initially, due to their smaller size, did not have any TPW’s during December.

As we all know of the annual, two week of the scheduled Bowling Green Assembly two week Christmas/New Year’s vacation period, this new TPW means for most a net delay of five weeks. And of course, not coincidentally we are in week five of the strike.

Keep our fingers crossed that compromise is found by both sides of the strike issue and the C8's start getting made in January and delivered in March.
      2014 Laguna Blue 3LT Stingray
      2019 Sebring Orange 2LT Grand Sport

2020 C8 in Sebring Orange 2LT with Z51, Magnetic Ride, Spectra Gray Trident wheels, Carbon Flash Mirrors/Spoiler, Front Lift, Orange Seat Belts, Black Interior, GT2 seats, Engine Appearance Package

Comment

1:1 day-for-day strike delay confirmed?

I've also been hearing about additional constraints. A friend of mine had his TPW move almost 10 weeks.

Comment

I have yet to see confirmed info that even one additional constraint has been added. Of course, we have yet to see any official communication on constraints since over a month ago, e.g., Sept. 12th. Today’s reading the tea leaves, though conclusive IMO, that the first TPW has been postponed until Jan. 20th is of course also not officially confirmed.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

When the car gets here it gets here...

im trying to resign myself it clearly is not in our control.

absolutely nothing we can do but look forward to driver reviews and hopefully some test data etc...

its going to snow soon anyway..
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Agree JB! Assuming a 49 day delay in mine, that would a pittance for today is day 1,716 since I placed my deposit. I can wait an additional 49 days over what could have been. Assuming that consequently mine would arrive around April 15th, that is about when the weather turns better where I live.

Comment

More confirmation that even Kerbeck, which as we all know is the biggest dealership, having 111 already confirmed at status 3000, just showed their revised TPW’s. Only one is for the week fo January 20th. My guess is that one is a custom VIN order (but not confirmed). What is confirmed on his web site (linked below), is that the remaining 110 of Kerbeck’s 3000 status orders have a TPW no sooner than 1/27, and they stretch out into late February.

For those who want to see a good part of his today’s TPW updates:

Click image for larger version  Name:	C0893A2E-DBFB-47D1-9883-5CD1AE1B5BFB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	807.9 KB ID:	81880

https://kerbeck.com/corvette_order_update/
                Last edited by John; 10-14-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Also significant is that whereas a few orders previously were status 3300, with this recent round of changes for every dealer, we are no longer seeing a status higher than 3000.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	840D976F-C7BB-430D-AEE1-54F867A2481D.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	466.1 KB ID:	81838

John, thanks for the update.

As usual things continue to be confusing. Just a few days ago I read the production start was changing from 12/2/2019 to 02/3/2020. I checked my 12/2/2019 TPW date and it is now changed 02/3/2020.

Now, I hear today that the production start date is 01/20/2020. Can I now assume that my start date will now change to 01/20/2020? This obviously does not include any 12/2/2019 start dates which now have a constraint added.

12/2/2019 was the first start and now the new start date is 01/20/2020. So, all those with a 12/2/2019 start date will now have a 01/20/2020 start date. Correct? This obviously does not any 12/2/2019 start dates which now have a constraint added.

So, my bottom line is everyone stays in the same order so all12/2/2019 are now 01/20/2020.

Wow, I sure hope I made some sense to you. LOL

Comment

Looking at the Kerbeck web site linked above in which of his 111 accepted, status 3000 orders, only one is the week of Jan. 20th, I doubt that your order would be moved to that week (unless you also included the $5,000 custom VIN in your original order). Actually, it appears some orders are moving around to new TPW date without retaining the earlier priority — for we all always need to remember that the “T” stands for tentative. As to whether your order would now be 1/27 or 2/3, I will not venture a guess. If you dealer is not now available to answer your question as to your new date, go to the Chevy build and price site, then look in the bottom right for the ”CHAT” symbol and ask them.

Best of luck!

Comment

Agree JB! Assuming a 49 day delay in mine, that would a pittance for today is day 1,716 since I placed my deposit. I can wait an additional 49 days over what could have been. Assuming that consequently mine would arrive around April 15th, that is about when the weather turns better where I live.
                        Wow,and I thought I was being patient with a deposit placed 1186 days ago. Will be interesting when they start taking my vert order.

Comment

That is a good question. Here’s putting two and two together, but as we all know, we live in the world of “modern math.”

We originally believed that the first HTC consensus would be November 17th. If that was correct, then using the same time delay, and factoring in roughly the same time delay, but accounting for the two weeks BGA Christmas/New Years Holidays, guessing that the first consensus for the HTC would be January 6th.

Answering a question not asked, what about step #2; the original schedule for starting HTC production was Feb. 10th. Adding the same time delay to that as for the coupes, would suggest that HTC assembly might/could/maybe would start on March 16th.
                          Last edited by John; 10-14-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Our 12/7 TPW's were initially pushed out to MARCH, then later the same day (10/11) were pulled back in to 2/10. 8-week slip on a 6-week strike...

Comment

Hey every one my tpw was 12/09 I really think this strike is going to last a lot longer that expected. I fell that all 2020 c8 Model year should get a 2021 new Model year forget the 2020 model which was done in the past with other auto makers, most new cars arrive in August we will not be seeing our cars until March or Later.....member thoughts ??????

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X