Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

At what month does it pay to wait for the new model year to fend off depreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baja 405 View Post
    There will also be a glut of C6's and C7's in the coming years because of people trading them.
    Trading my C7 about the time I get my C8 so I'm prepared not to make a "good deal". As long as its fair, I'm fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Sounds like a good idea but judging by some of your "mods", bet you'll miss it. Welcome to the "I don't mess with my C8" club.
      Well yes I will because there is no way that the new car will put the amount of HP and TQ to the ground that I am now---will really miss the shake and sound as well . Challenge I have now is getting it to hook up even on the highway with warm tires on certain types of pavement! MAYBE the answer is AWD hybrid on a C8 variant!

Comment

Id suggest limited production of the first year 2020 c8 along with strong demand for the c8 stingray will make the trade in or resale value of a 2020 c8 for a c8 z06 as it releases will keep depreciation minimal.

as the years continue to pile on expect a 30 something percent depreciation in 3 years , probably less than 50 percent depreciation in five..sounds about right...

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
          Id suggest limited production of the first year 2020 c8 along with strong demand for the c8 stingray will make the trade in or resale value of a 2020 c8 for a c8 z06 as it releases will keep depreciation minimal.

as the years continue to pile on expect a 30 something percent depreciation in 3 years , probably less than 50 percent depreciation in five..sounds about right...
          GM will NOT be limiting production. In fact, just the opposite with the FOCUS on cash flow as Mary Barra has stated point blank on more than one occasion. They will be sending every vehicle they can out the back of every factory. Lot of revenue they have lost and need to make up for as Wall Street is unforgiving.

Comment

Its the cost of doing business with unions nothing new to the auto industry. I'm sure. If they needed to squeeze every buck out of this they would produce only 3LT until order tailed off and than 2LT and finally 1LT. Plenty of fat cats would move up to get a car faster.

Comment

Get an early 2020 if possible and sell it 18 months after purchase. You will probably get close to sticker and only eat the sales/ license tax.

Depreciation will set in hard once the Z06 is out and Stingrays are sitting on the lot. I expect that to happen early 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post

GM will NOT be limiting production. In fact, just the opposite with the FOCUS on cash flow as Mary Barra has stated point blank on more than one occasion. They will be sending every vehicle they can out the back of every factory. Lot of revenue they have lost and need to make up for as Wall Street is unforgiving.
                You totally misread my statement of limited production. I meant the late start of production which so far is delayed even further because of the UAW strike.

but thanks

JB
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

JB--yes after reading it again. Before this is over the net result will be a limited 2020 run. Was going to be limited anyway because of the late start now even later. At least none of the C8's will be known as "strike cars" as they have not started building them yet.

Comment

I think I've read that the factory is planning to switch over to 2021 by september so the already short 8 months + december 2019 manufacturing window is getting smaller by the day.

If I didn't have an early allocation I would definitely be thinking about getting on the top of the 2021 list.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
                      I think I've read that the factory is planning to switch over to 2021 by september so the already short 8 months + december 2019 manufacturing window is getting smaller by the day.

If I didn't have an early allocation I would definitely be thinking about getting on the top of the 2021 list.
                      I believe and I could be wrong that anyone on a 2020 waiting list moves ahead of 2021 model line waiting lists should that unfortunately occur.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X