Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Is it just me, or are others not interested in a FPC Z06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimmick is true. All the sports cars, super cars, hyper cars, muscle cars and race cars too are gimmicks. And Gimmick within the gimmick. That's the beauty. The serious Gimmick.

Corvette is the least gimmicky . Lot of them have no cup holders or storage.

Plenty family vans around. And great gimmick less SUVs. Freak the Vette out.
    Last edited by SheepDog; 10-12-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
      If we in Vermont could buy cars in Canada at CDN prices and no Canadian VAT taxes, we would all be heading for Montreal and Sherbrooke to buy cars. Right now, four Canadian dollars equals three US Dollars.
      Yes, for you guys it would be a great deal because of the high USD against CAD. For us, not so great. But dealerships have been told they cannot sell new cars to be registered in the US. One way around it is to buy used. I've also heard that some dealerships used to register the car, put 50 kms on it then resell it as used. But that practice apparently has been stopped. My dealer has also told me at delivery I have to sign an agreement that I won't export the C8 to the US for one year.
      2020 C8 Spider: Torch Red GKZ, Natural HUV, 2LT, J6E, 5V7, 5ZU, NPP, 3F9, E60, ERI.

Comment

For Me---I CANNOT WAIT! Just waiting to see what other enhancements the Z06 will be getting as well.....

Comment

What if...Grand Sport uses the FPC. Z06 is a dual turbo pushrods and ZR1 adds electric motors to the Z06 motor.

Comment

I am somewhat reminded of the engine choices in my SUV, a 2013 BMW X5. There were three engine choices, a 4.4 liter twin turbo v8 with almost 500 hp, a straight six turbocharged gas engine with 300 hp, and a twin turbo diesel 3.0 liter diesel rated at 265 hp. The diesel has the torque of the V8, but down in the rev curve where it can actually be used in legal and near legal speed driving.

Horsepower is just a number, but it is torque that matters at real world street driving conditions, and the torque should be available at low revs to be useful. Other than bragging and bench racing, I don't see the appeal of the expected 5.5 liter naturally aspirated engine over the LT2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
              What if...Grand Sport uses the FPC. Z06 is a dual turbo pushrods and ZR1 adds electric motors to the Z06 motor.
              Oh [email protected]@ Yes!!!!! Pant Pant Drool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
                A leaked document which supposedly shows upcoming engine choices showed NA and TT DOHC engines, but no Turbo pushrod engines. Of course, none of us know if that document is real or not.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I may have interest in all things Corvette, but I doubt I will be going up to anything above the Stingray. It appears to have everything I will want. Never say never until I get to see what they will make available.

Comment

“Gimmick”. That cracked me up. And FPC sounds like a 4 cylinder cracked me up even more.
                    Last edited by RoketRdr; 10-14-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      I havent really been following the c8 z06 version yet as Ive been preoccupied with digesting all there is to the standard stingray....ive gotten texts this morning from a good viper buddy on the c8 z06 news releases of the past few days.

if you could whats z06 FPC?

Is that the lithium ion battery pack thats attached aft the transission or attached to the transmission that boosts power under the curve before the turbos gather full boost?

or is it battery powered turbos to assist the exhaust driven system...?.

i havent followed the past weeks news on the Z06 so bear with me..either of these two technologies if employed will be utterly amazing advances...

if its something else or either of these two or both combined rumor please fill us in...

fwiw...as of this moment in time Im not planning a Z06 because just thinking of the performance stats we already have heard with regards to the stingray...the car is clearly more capable than I am as a driver...but who knows...five years down the road as I turn 65 I might have honed my skill to a new level(doubtful) where I know I NEED this z06 FPC..

GM is quite literally the leader of many technologies and bringing them to a,erican consumers at relatively reasonable pricing for sports car enthusiasts...

again, not knkwing what FPC is...i do believe it will be developed first on the corvette and then there will if a successful product design be spread to GM s ultra high volume pickup truck lineup for added towing capacity and better fuel efficiency.

Trucks is where the money is...
                      Flat plane cranks in internal combustion engines is nothing new. Ive been told.
                      C8er

Comment

Originally posted by LSECO View Post

Flat plane cranks in internal combustion engines is nothing new. Ive been told.
                        Exactly. Almost every in-line 4 cylinder you’ve ever heard is a FPC. Here’s a little piece of history...the original small block V8 engines had FPC’s. Also, 4 of the fastest street cars today have FPC’s (La Ferrari, McLaren P1, McLaren Senna and Porsche 918).
                        Last edited by RoketRdr; 10-14-2019, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                          I don't see the appeal of the expected 5.5 liter naturally aspirated engine over the LT2.
                          It's in the way that it delivers power. The Voodoo loves to rev, and it sounds gnarly. FPC has a very linear power deliver, and it pulls all the way to the top of the power band. Instead of getting all the kick of the torque down low, you have to wind it out to get the power. It makes you want to rev the motor out and keep it in a lower gear to it stays between 6-8k rpm. It's a visceral experience. I'm beating the dead horse here, because I've mentioned it in many threads, but I loved the Voodoo, I didn't like that package it was in. FPC in a Zed Oh Six or a Grand Sport would be lots of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post

It's in the way that it delivers power. The Voodoo loves to rev, and it sounds gnarly. FPC has a very linear power deliver, and it pulls all the way to the top of the power band. Instead of getting all the kick of the torque down low, you have to wind it out to get the power. It makes you want to rev the motor out and keep it in a lower gear to it stays between 6-8k rpm. It's a visceral experience. I'm beating the dead horse here, because I've mentioned it in many threads, but I loved the Voodoo, I didn't like that package it was in. FPC in a Zed Oh Six or a Grand Sport would be lots of fun.
                            What he said!!! Go drive a car with a high revving FPC engine and its intoxicating. Gives you the impression, feel and sound of and F1 car. The base Stingray can keep the deep throaty rumble of an American V8 but its time for the Z06/ZR1 variants to join the club that they deserve to be in.

Comment

A little off topic but triggered by some of the earlier replies.

Not for nothing but how many are actually getting the sub 60 K version of this car? The “bang for buck” performance bargain argument never really appealed to me and in fact I find it a little demeaning to Corvette. A reasonably optioned C7, or C8 for that matter, is much more than just a bargain. If it were just a bargain, it would be kind of hard to justify. It’s better than that. However, with just a few of the options that most of us enjoy, the vehicle quickly climbs into real money. My point is, the comparison to the 911 starting price or anything else, is not appropriate from either direction. They are different things with different characteristics/qualities. It’s not a continuum of good, better, best. If all you wanted was a quick 0 to 60 time, there are lots of ways to accomplish that for less than $60k. Not necessarily better, prettier or more fun ways... and therein lies the rub.
                              Last edited by JoeCT; 10-15-2019, 01:09 PM.
                              2019 Z06: M7 Coupe: Shadow Gray Metallic
                              2016 Sting w/Z51 : M7 Coupe : Night Race Blue

Comment

The More the better! Do not care twin turbo or FPC. Need more HP and TQ! Problem is the DCT used on the base car is the weak sister!! Need a automatic that can handle the HP AND TQ GM!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X