Advice on 4-post lift for C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I didn't even know such a thing existed. Do you remember about what it cost to replace the tracks? Thanks.
    My garage door company charged me $240 for parts and labor, so it was a very inexpensive upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post

My garage door company charged me $240 for parts and labor, so it was a very inexpensive upgrade.
      Thanks!

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by brainf18 View Post

Thanks. I've called two places, and neither returned my call. I'll have to swap out my garage door opener to a side mount, but this gives me at least an idea of what the first part of it will cost.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I didn't even know such a thing existed. Do you remember about what it cost to replace the tracks? Thanks.
          I just had garage door raised by 22" and replaced the ceiling mount motor with a wall mount motor (Jackshaft). Parts and labor came to $1,200.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I decided to go with Bendpak HD-9 and Love it! Small foot print and 82" runway. The ramps are very heavy, I am getting Race Ramps to replace them. Here are couple of pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	G1.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	91417

Name:	G2.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	91418

Comment

I have 16' ceilings in my shop. Looking for a lift that will handle everything from HMMWVs & H1 Hummers to Corvettes.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                I have 16' ceilings in my shop. Looking for a lift that will handle everything from HMMWVs & H1 Hummers to Corvettes.
                Atlas has them. Check Greg Smith Equipment.

Comment

I have a Direct Lift and very satisfied with it. So far five years of trouble free operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
                    I have a Direct Lift and very satisfied with it. So far five years of trouble free operation.
                    Me also, except I've had mine for 15 years and use it often.
                    Murray - Torch red / Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Oh boy. This thread started me on a heck of a path. I'm right in the beginning stages of this, and I'm already way over budget.

First was getting the garage door fitted with a high lift and front mount opener. Best I found was $1100 to get it done. I suggested doing the other side garage door opener at the same time to keep them of the same brand/vintage to be able to share remotes. The door guy said if I have the extra $500 in my budget, he would ignore that, and just put everything on the one side as brand new. He pointed out my doors are 20 year old builder grade doors with nearly no insulation factor, and that the $600 cost of modifying that side for high lift would be included with a new door, so I'd only be looking at about $1700 for everything on that side to be brand new. I agreed with what he was saying, and figured since I was going that far, I might as well have both sides done, and went all in on high R factor insulated doors, openers, heavy duty cycle spring on the side that gets used as the main entrance to the house, and the rest of the stuff that should mean I don't have to mess with the attached garage again. Lead time was a month, so hoping to have it done the week before christmas. Total cost - $3500.

Then I started shopping lifts. I started my research hoping to decide what I wanted and find a deal on black friday. I read so many reviews, forum discussions, and watched you tube videos that my head hurt. I started looking at lifts in the $2200-2400 range, hoping I'd find something for 10% off. The more I looked, the more I kept just going up to that next level of size and quality until I ended up all the way at the $4k mark. Throw in the accessories, and I'm going to be just under $5k, and I'll have to go get it at the freight terminal and install it myself.
                      I'm down to one of these two.

https://www.advantagelifts.com/produ...age-dx-9000xlt

https://www.wildfirelifts.com/copy-o...-wide-car-lift

I prefer this style and size. They certainly both come out of the same factory in China, just minor differences between them. There's even a third one(triumph) that looks the same for cheaper, but these two seem to actually have some amount of customer support whereas most of the ebay/craigslist lifts are sold by dumpers who can't even bother replying in full sentences.

So, my idea of getting a lift in and operational for under $3k is looking to be more like $8k+.

Comment

I have the Advantage lift. Installed it about a year ago. Very nice. Recently purchased the jack so I can lift an axle off the ramps. To me, the Advantage lifts were the best for the money. Click image for larger version

Name:	EE1F09E4-C05F-44CC-BA7D-CF2D54AE91DD.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	93372

Comment

Name:	DD17A7E8-796F-4800-A273-824330D31752.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	93556 MMy Direct Lift mentioned in a previous post reply. If your anywhere near Arlington, TX great local dealer with units in stock and set-up available.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got a 9000XLT that is 6 weeks old. I did all the research between the two and the Advantage support got my vote. Still putting my garage together in a new house,so excuse the clutter. Click image for larger version

Name:	07303FB7-2BD7-425E-8097-FD8CA576332A.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	662.1 KB
ID:	93625
                            Attached Files

Comment

This lift concept does seem to make an additional car possible, but I wonder how even more rarely I'd use the C8 if it was stored this way and required car swapping before and after each use...
                              And I don't want to make access to my daily driver too inconvenient - does getting in or out of the beemer require lots of ducking and have you gotten out and smacked your head? How about having these lift posts in the way all of the time - any chance of side swiping them?

Originally posted by tcfake613 View Post
                              I have the Advantage lift. Installed it about a year ago. Very nice. Recently purchased the jack so I can lift an axle off the ramps. To me, the Advantage lifts were the best for the money. Click image for larger version

Name:	EE1F09E4-C05F-44CC-BA7D-CF2D54AE91DD.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	93372

Comment

Originally posted by C8 dreamer View Post
                                This lift concept does seem to make an additional car possible, but I wonder how even more rarely I'd use the C8 if it was stored this way and required car swapping before and after each use...
                                And I don't want to make access to my daily driver too inconvenient - does getting in or out of the beemer require lots of ducking and have you gotten out and smacked your head? How about having these lift posts in the way all of the time - any chance of side swiping them?
                                I won't try to answer your questions about living with the lift as I'm not to that point yet, but I am not counting on using the lift other than for storage. All winter, the corvette will stay up top, and I hope(if I measured everything right, it will work) to keep my work car under it. Once we get back to spring, the lift will get used to hold garage clutter(which is why I ordered the filler panels to make it a solid deck), and the corvette will stay underneath it. Once I get my detached garage built (hopefully next year), the lift will be moved out there, and my truck and the corvette will trade places based on the season.

I ordered the advantage lift today. If you ever have a question about lifts, I recommend calling and talking to Tony at advantage. I had talked to another sales guy yesterday, and he was vague and didn't provide me with solid answers to make me comfortable with my decision to go with them. I found Tony's cell phone number on the web site and called him based on other comments around the web. He knew every little detail, and was able to explain everything in depth. I'm comfortable with my decision at this point.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X