MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 12/2: https://eogld.cloud.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=21905
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Advice on 4-post lift for C8

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advice on 4-post lift for C8

    I have been looking at 4-post lifts to make space to C8. My main concern is drive through width and outside runway to outside runway width. I have narrowed my search to 2 lifts:

    Auto Lift FP8K-DX-XLT which has a generous “drive through width” of 87” and “outside runway to outside runway” of 80”. It costs $3,049 installed, however it is not ALI certified and I couldn’t find much about it’s quality online.

    The 2nd lift is DIRECT LIFT PRO-PARK 8 PLUS it is ALI certified, reseller is local and cost is $3,600 installed. It has “drive through width” of 86” however the “outside run way to outside runway” is only 75”.

    Anyone here has either one of these lifts or familiar with either brand? I appreciate any feedback.

  • #2
    Check out Bendpak. They make lifts designed to fit in your garage and will have the width you’re looking for.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here's the Worth lift I bought a few years ago , " Made in the U.S.A." .... http://www.worthequipment.com/parkinghobbylifts.htm
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0487.JPG
Views:	634
Size:	806.3 KB
ID:	80862
      A thought if I might ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Last year I got this lift (https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/A...rage-Pro-8-000) on sale for $1,600. Comes with wheels to move it around and works great on my C5 vette and 2017 GT-R which is only 3 inches off the ground. Easy to install with someone help and a hand crack lift I rented. Good luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          OP, I can't comment about those lifts you mentioned, since I don't have one. I do have a BendPak HD-9WX model lift and I have been really pleased with it. Loading clearance has not been an issue, even on really lowered cars. The width is adjustable (2 different widths, this picture shows it at the widest setting), its not easy to readjust the width and I have never changed it as it works on every car and SUV I own. I also have the wheel kit so I can move the lift around my storage shop if needed . I recently picked up the bridge jack so I can lift the car off the 4 post and remove tires and such. I've had this lift for about 5 years and its been flawless so I would highly recommend BendPak.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	car lift.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	640.8 KB
ID:	80973
          Attached Files
          My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

          Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tovo View Post
            Last year I got this lift (https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/A...rage-Pro-8-000) on sale for $1,600. Comes with wheels to move it around and works great on my C5 vette and 2017 GT-R which is only 3 inches off the ground. Easy to install with someone help and a hand crack lift I rented. Good luck.
            When was it on sale? I'm not in a rush, and that's a heck of a savings .

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tovo View Post
              Last year I got this lift (https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/A...rage-Pro-8-000) on sale for $1,600. Comes with wheels to move it around and works great on my C5 vette and 2017 GT-R which is only 3 inches off the ground. Easy to install with someone help and a hand crack lift I rented. Good luck.
              I bought the extended height version of this 2 years ago for $2545 including shipping. At 5'10" I was either ducking or bumping my head walking under my previous lift, so went the taller version. You do need a 12' ceiling to take advantage of it. You will also need to run 10-2 w/g tied to a 30 amp 110 breaker. As stated, not hard to put together with a little help and an engine lift.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you all for your input!! I looked into Bendpak and I know they are one of the best. I love how you can adjust the runways to make it wider. I was not too crazy about 220 V and air compressor requirements for BendPak.

                I went to the local Direct Lift supplier today and put my AMG on their floor demo. Drive through width was great and no need to fold the mirrors, but the 75" outside runway to outside runway was about 1" short, however AMG is my DD and will never go on top. it should work fine for Cali T. They are installing it Thursday. Will report back with pics.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Imaposer View Post

                  When was it on sale? I'm not in a rush, and that's a heck of a savings .
                  I believe it was a few months after the first China tariffs when into affect. The sales person said the tariffs would drive up the cost of the lift at some point.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by N4SPEED View Post
                    I have been looking at 4-post lifts to make space to C8. My main concern is drive through width and outside runway to outside runway width. I have narrowed my search to 2 lifts:

                    Auto Lift FP8K-DX-XLT which has a generous “drive through width” of 87” and “outside runway to outside runway” of 80”. It costs $3,049 installed, however it is not ALI certified and I couldn’t find much about it’s quality online.

                    The 2nd lift is DIRECT LIFT PRO-PARK 8 PLUS it is ALI certified, reseller is local and cost is $3,600 installed. It has “drive through width” of 86” however the “outside run way to outside runway” is only 75”.

                    Anyone here has either one of these lifts or familiar with either brand? I appreciate any feedback.
                    Another 4 post to consider, I have an Advantage Lift and absolutely love it! REALY HIGH QUALITY and a great value for the price.


                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am fascinated by the thought of adding one of these lifts to my garage. For those that have one, how high are your garage ceilings?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
                        I am fascinated by the thought of adding one of these lifts to my garage. For those that have one, how high are your garage ceilings?
                        Ceiling height in my garage is 125 inches. Easily get two cars stacked with room to spare. If you go to most of vendor websites they will provide a measurement guide that you can use to determine if your particular mix of cars will fit.

                        The one modification I did have to make was getting the "high rise" garage door tracks to tuck the garage door up closer to the ceiling. In the enclosed picture you can see the difference between a normal garage door track and the "high rise" track. Doing that provided an extra couple of feet of clearance.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by brainf18 View Post
                          The one modification I did have to make was getting the "high rise" garage door tracks to tuck the garage door up closer to the ceiling. In the enclosed picture you can see the difference between a normal garage door track and the "high rise" track. Doing that provided an extra couple of feet of clearance.
                          I didn't even know such a thing existed. Do you remember about what it cost to replace the tracks? Thanks.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

                          Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >35,000+ miles

                          Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

                          Never grow up - It's a trap.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have a 12' ceiling in a double deep garage so door height was not an issue. I have an ext height model, with a 67 Nova on top, I have 6'2" head clearance. A friend of mine had lower ceilings, so reinforced ceiling rafters/joists in attic, cut out a section of ceiling large enough for a car roof and extended into attic basicily doing a coffered ceiling with drywall.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

                              I didn't even know such a thing existed. Do you remember about what it cost to replace the tracks? Thanks.
                              To get the most benefit you also need to do a door mounted opener, if you have an opener.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X