Radar on cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
    My adaptive cruise control is my right foot.
    When my son and I drove his GT500 cross country, my right foot would have earned us a bag of tickets if not for the cruise control. Cars like that tend to creep above the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

When my son and I drove his GT500 cross country, my right foot would have earned us a bag of tickets if not for the cruise control. Cars like that tend to creep above the limit.
      I have to agree. I use cruise to keep me from accidentally speeding and the adaptive cruise on my Jag is great. Would welcome it if they add it to the C8.

Comment

Have it on my Lexus RX350

Comment

When the adaptive cruise slows the car down, does it turn on the brake lights to let those behind you know you are slowing?
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
            When the adaptive cruise slows the car down, does it turn on the brake lights to let those behind you know you are slowing?
            On the latest cars with it most do.
            Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
            Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
            Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
            blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
              Sorry, but it fits with a cruising car, not so much with a sports car.
              I disagree. The vast majority of Corvettes will never see what you term "Sports Car" category. Do I enjoy a day or so running the twisties? You bet! The majority of my drive time is spent on average roads.
              2017 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post

I disagree. The vast majority of Corvettes will never see what you term "Sports Car" category. Do I enjoy a day or so running the twisties? You bet! The majority of my drive time is spent on average roads.
                But isn’t that describing a cruiser? I didn’t say it isn’t appropriate for a Corvette, only that it seems a better fit to a highway cruiser than to a sports car where the driver wants to control transmission, throttle, and brakes rather than have the car do it for him.

Comment

Semantics .......... You're splitting hairs. If that were the case then there wouldn't be anyone that is wanting the "True Sportscar Effect", buying a C8. Why? Because according to those that know better than the rest of us, only a true sports car has a manual transmission. Without a manual, how can the car and driver be as one ?
                  2017 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post

But isn’t that describing a cruiser? I didn’t say it isn’t appropriate for a Corvette, only that it seems a better fit to a highway cruiser than to a sports car where the driver wants to control transmission, throttle, and brakes rather than have the car do it for him.
                    When I go out to have fun and shoot corners, the cruise control is turned off. When I'm driving a thousand miles on an interstate, the cruise control is on, because I don't want to get speeding tickets. I'm sure the C8 will have cruise control, and I will use it, the adaptive part will not be a concern. I thank you all for replying to this query, I have learned a lot, but will not be disappointed with my C8.

Comment

Well stated Will. I feel exactly the same way. Yes, the C8 has cc Is it adaptive? Who knows. I don't care one way or another.

Comment

C8 does not have adaptive cruise control.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I assume adaptive cruise control doesn’t work well with manual transmissions, but in automatics I assume it handles braking and accelerating so the driver only has to worry about steering and signaling? How does the driver alert the car to red lights, stop signs, and that sort of thing? Or do you brake and then resume past the stoppage? Could be cool for a commute, but I’m not sure I would trust it in city traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            C8 does not have adaptive cruise control.
                            Sadly so. I have it in the CTS V and the wifes Genesis G70. Love it ! That along with auto-dim headlights should have been std equipment on a car of this price point. Sname on GM for cheaping out IMHO.

Comment

In my experience, adaptive cruise control is not as smooth and predictable as a human. It's still handy though. I agree with some of the other people here. Cruise control in general saves me from getting tickets. On the interstate, I set the speed and leave it, except for changes in speed zones. I use the "speed up" and "speed down" buttons a lot, so I don't have to use my feet.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X