Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going toward a true carbon fiber tub would be an excellent weight saver, but bring out wheel barrows of cash to compensate — and why some of the exotics cost way, way more than the Corvette.

Interim cost effective measures for upcoming C8 models could again be selected body panels in CF, such as the standard roof and hood that the C7 had, the C7 Z06/ZR1’s front fenders, and similar panels.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

• I keep thinking lightness. Seems simple. But it is not my problem. The Corvette planners may be thinking "Porsche 918" . Mixtures of kinda-lightish and much powerful. Multi powered. Electric is never light and its in the near future mix of things.

Never will there be a 3100 pound 800HP Vette? Time passed it by in 2014.

The C8 aluminum frame is an accomplishment in my eyes. The designer knew the Golden Gate Bridge. Looks earth quake ready. but I still like light.

ps: The Alpha 4C has a carbon fiber tub and cost ONLY 65K. How dey do dat? Creativity.
      Last edited by SheepDog; 11-28-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
        What do we think the Z06 is going to start at? With all of the extra CF I wouldn't be surprised if the "base" z06 is $90k.
        Nah, I think you're totally wrong. But definitely $89,999.99

2015 Z51 Stingray
        2018 Honda Goldwing
        2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

• I am in between jackfrostpdx and VetteStromWing, thinking that the Z06 is coming with an MSRP of $89,999.995. [Sorry WWR, this amount will drive you insane.]. Also feel that the Z06 is going to come with many Stingray optional items but as standard Z06 equipment, including mag ride, Z51, HUD, and most cost-additive, a greatly enhanced motor/powertrain. Last IMO, it will have additional standard major aero features, e.g., not be surprised to see it have active aero components.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover and 5JR vis CF mirror caps.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

• The 2019 C7 Stingray base price is $55,900.00 and the 2020 C8 Stingray base price is $59,995.00 for a difference of $4,005.00. The 2019 C7 ZO6 base price is $80,900.00 so John's $89,999.99 is looking spot on. If there are any additional optional items added to the base ZO6 like John is projecting 90k seems just about right. We now have a base Stingray bandwidth of 60k to 110k, and a base Stingray convertible bandwidth of 67.5k to 117.5k. Therefore a 90k to 140k bandwidth on the new ZO6 seems plausible. I've gone on the build and price function on the 2019 C7 ZO6 and it ramped up to 120k easily. The difference in bandwidth's between the C7 and C8 generations will probably range from 10k - 20k and possibly even more on the upper level ZR1/ZORA models.
            Last edited by Skank; 12-09-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Are we all saving our pennies yet? I found two silver dollars when cleaning up this weekend. I agree Skank that there will be Z06’s over $125,000 and maybe more.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X