Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Official Z06 Speculation Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PINK ELEPHANTS:

If the Corvette Team reviews this thread, Then on October 26th they will come out smoking with the low-down about the Tq curb. They will certainly address the concerns about Tq and low end Tq in creep and crawl driving and low speed situations. So, I look forward to that.

And vibrations, 1st order, 2nd order, and 3rd order if there is such a thing. Pink Elephants.

The Z06s in the videos from around the Nurburing are seen accellerating from start and in low speed situations on public roads. They appear to be full of thrust in ordinary traffic. They appear to be spring-loaded and ready to leap. That a little to go on.

Comment

• electroVette what is this gated intake mani you speak of?

Comment

• Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
        electroVette what is this gated intake mani you speak of?
        Normally an intake manifold’s volume is chosen for its resonance frequency, which optimizes intake charge frequency for a narrow rpm range.

A gated intake manifold has multiple chambers separated by movable gates, so by opening or closing various gates the effective volume can be changed, and with it the intake resonance frequency. This optimizes the intake manifold for a wider range of rpms.

Over the years a few posts have appeared on that other forum with claims of a radical intake manifold on the ZO6 engine. I wish I’d saved them because I can’t find them now, but they hinted at an “active” manifold that may be able to vary its internal volume. The poster claimed to have seen a fully dressed DOHC V8 destined for the ZO6.

Comment

• There could well be some super upside surprises.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by electroVette View Post

Normally an intake manifold’s volume is chosen for its resonance frequency, which optimizes intake charge frequency for a narrow rpm range.

A gated intake manifold has multiple chambers separated by movable gates, so by opening or closing various gates the effective volume can be changed, and with it the intake resonance frequency. This optimizes the intake manifold for a wider range of rpms.

Over the years a few posts have appeared on that other forum with claims of a radical intake manifold on the ZO6 engine. I wish I’d saved them because I can’t find them now, but they hinted at an “active” manifold that may be able to vary its internal volume. The poster claimed to have seen a fully dressed DOHC V8 destined for the ZO6.
            Well that is fun. Imagine that with variable length intake runners (believe some Ferrari's had this OEM) and individual throttle bodies!

Comment

• You two are smart. Reading this material I feel like I did in calculus class, just understanding one thing in ten… But I like where you are heading — and hopefully GM is heading that way.

Is that the surprise a member of the Corvette team was implying? Or are there multiple ones?
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• The Best Way To Compare Car Engines - BMEP
                Engineering Explained

-----------------

Variable Intake Manifolds & Intake Tuning
                Engineering Explained

------------------
                For those interested predicting the performance of the Z06.
                The above 2 videos explain the HP and Tq dynamics of naturally aspirated engines: LT6.

he keeps it plain and simple
                Last edited by SheepDog; 10-14-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Jason Fenske is the best! Along with many here, I’ve been watching his videos for many years. I will head over now and catch these. Thank you.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if GM was able to meet or exceed the efficiency of the Ferrari 458 engine. If they could, wow, we are in for a treat!
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

• Z06 LT6, BMEP?

The Z06's BMEP? Is it up there with 458 and GT3 RS?

I say yes it is. So 686 HP is what the Z will have. Let the Tq figure itself out with the gear box.

Comment

• Fenske has great video on a gated manifold here. It's remarkable how if you look at the manifold you wouldn't think much is going on but it's actually an engineering masterpiece on the level of a Mona Lisa:

https://youtu.be/8xByM10KM2k

Comment

• For good reason, Jason Fenske likes what the GT3 does and how it gets it done. The 458 and GT3 are the standard for the LT6.
                          Last edited by SheepDog; 10-14-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X