Official Z06 Speculation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm. Thanks SheepDog.

A birdie whispered one of those three numbers. Coincidence or fact? I would love it for the 500 TQ to be confirmed on the 26th.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post

You might want to here what Max Verstappen said after the last Formula 1 race last week as that is exactly what he said. "It felt like it was on rails" lol
      Yes, people do say that a lot, because it's a well worn expression. Even the pros use the expression. But actually about a 10% slip angle will yield traction a bit better than "riding on rails", and the pros know that. However, due to how you balance the car, a 10% slip angle can quickly turn into a spin, by for example lifting too much, which forward biases the CG therefore causing a loss of rear end traction. Ask me how I know. Haha.
      Cheers.
      C7 Track Dedicated Z51
      Rollbar, tow hook, Z06 grill, short throw shifter, upgraded rotors/pads/wheels/tires, dashcam.
      2018 Honda Goldwing
      2018 Suzuki V-Strom
      Track Day Addict, Latin America Adventure Biker, and Medicare Recipient.

Comment

• 500 TQ at 6000 rpm takes 571 HP. That leaves only 50 HP gain over the next 2000 rpm if the car has 620 HP. It will need more than 620 HP or the car is going to die on the top end. If it squeezes 500 ft-lbs at 5200 RPM, the HP curve can be spread out for a better feel, but its still going feel like it lost a lot up top. 620 HP at 7800 rpm is 417 TQ.

500 TQ @ 5600 rpm and 670 HP at 8000 rpm would be killer.
        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

• I understand the emotion that desires 500Tq: Corvette Tradition.

But I am confident with what Ragtop 99 expresses. That 400+Tq is huge for a NA FPC 9000 RPM car, if the HP peak is near the top, at 9000.

but, I assume it will be only 615HP not 675.

With the [1] fast shift DCT, [2] 9000 RPMs to play with [3] 8 gears, [4] shift algorithms --- With all that going on, 420 Tq is dynamite. First gear is a wild card, can be what ever desired or needed. It will fly from the hole and be severe from 70 MPH to 200.

Crescendo at 9000 RPM is "the effect."
          Not Decrescendo from 7000 towards 9000 RPMs. That is contra-effect that will be disappointing to all.
          Last edited by SheepDog; 10-10-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
            I understand the emotion that desires 500Tq: Corvette Tradition.

But I am confident with what Ragtop 99 expresses. That 400+Tq is huge for a NA FPC 9000 RPM car, if the HP peak is near the top, at 9000.

With the [1] fast shift DCT, [2] 9000 RPMs to play with [3] 8 gears, [4] shift algorithms --- With all that going on, 420 Tq is dynamite. First gear is a wild card, can be what ever desired or needed. It will fly from the hole and be severe from 70 MPH to 200.

Crescendo at 9000 RPM is "the effect."
            Not Decrescendo from 7000 towards 9000 RPMs. That is contra-effect that will be disappointing to all.
            TRANSLATION: Whatever the numbers………It we be very fun to drive!!!👍😎
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

• Question by an amateur:

The GT3 is 4 liters, 6 cylinders , 502HP and 340TQ.

True/false: Add 2 cylinders and it should be 5.3 liters, 8 cylinders, 670HP and 470Tq. ??

Question: Then, if the LT6 is 5.5 liters, 8cylinders, why will it not be 686HP and 495Tq?

Is the GT3 engine strung up higher and tighter? Less volumetric efficiency for the LT6?

Comment

• Counting down the days till we get OFFICIAL information on what this next Generation Z-06 will hold.......I can't wait.....

Let the speculation continue
                Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

• The only reason not to say that the LT6 will be 686HP and 495Tq, it fear of disappointment.

So . Go ahead and disappoint me: I predict 686HP and 495Tq

Comment

• It must be 5 liters then……..
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

• It is 5.5L.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

Question by an amateur:

The GT3 is 4 liters, 6 cylinders , 502HP and 340TQ.

True/false: Add 2 cylinders and it should be 5.3 liters, 8 cylinders, 670HP and 470Tq. ??

Question: Then, if the LT6 is 5.5 liters, 8cylinders, why will it not be 686HP and 495Tq?

Is the GT3 engine strung up higher and tighter? Less volumetric efficiency for the LT6?

Not saying they can't make it happen, but HP doesn't simply scale linearly with displacement and cylinders. Engine layout, exhaust routing, IM design, and fuel economy also factor into the equation.
                        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

• It seems unlikely they would develop a ZO6 V8 that produces less torque than the LT2. What a marketing challenge that would be. Most buyers don’t understand torque multiplication and flywheel torque vs wheel torque. 500 lb-ft is a nice psychological step up from the LT2’s 470 lb-ft so it would be a good development target. But even with Cosworth’s help that would be a monstrous torque output for only 5.5L.

Comment

• electroVette, you called have an excellent understanding of the factors involving torque output. Thank you. I too would love 500 TQ but am not counting on it. Guess whe have to have 15 1/2 more days of patience, e.g., the community it’s most MECF members are in short supply of (I know it is far, far from my strong suit).

Comment

• Supposedly Mark Reuss and the Corvette team are excited about something. In 2 weeks we find out why and what.

Comment

• I wonder what they could be excited about. A new In and Out Burger?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X