Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Official Z06 Speculation Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will give your questions my best shot Ragtop99.

I believe the very last, naturally aspired V8 Corvette will be the Z06. As to number of gears, it will be eight. As to gearing, beats the heck out of me (can not ever venture a guess). Nor can I speculate on downforce changes with or without aero. However I can say that we are so fortunate that our Corvette Chief Exterior Designer Kirk Bennion is a lover of spending time in the wind tunnel and a HPDE master instructor — so we have a rare combination of visual designer and functional designer working on the Z06’s aero. As Tadge shared with us, Kirk spent 100 hours in the wind tunnel on the 2019 ZR’s fine design tuning. Who knows how many hours is has already spent in the two massive GM wind tunnels on the Z06’s design???
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• I'm concerned that there has been nothing posted in this z06 speculation thread for nearly a month.

No birdies, no new sightings, no new patents that folks have uncovered?

Comment

• Agreed that we are experiencing a long quietude. I did hear a long\e birdie say that sighting(s) will be picking up later this month and August. We hope he has his ear to the “factual ground.”
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy2bHere View Post
          I'm concerned that there has been nothing posted in this z06 speculation thread for nearly a month.

No birdies, no new sightings, no new patents that folks have uncovered?
          Folks are distracted in awe at the Plaid. Silence is silencing. GM needs to let one escape naked in the wild. Let one. Go streaking. While screaking.
          Last edited by SheepDog; 07-02-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

Folks are distracted in awe at the Plaid. Silence is silencing. GM needs to let one escape naked in the wild. Let one. Go streaking. While screaking.
            The Plaid is cancelled . https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...upts-in-flames
            Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
              Burning is the new normal.

Comment

• Please cite your source. That one here and one there burns up does not mean that it is the new normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                  Please cite your source. That one here and one there burns up does not mean that it is the new normal.
                  Right. Sorry for confusion. Well the meaning of it was that cars are not burning in excessive numbers. Not Tesla, not any brands. It all puff about cars burning. But a lot else is [ burning/overheating] that should not be. . Abnormal is imitating normal. And. Tesla [and that kind of product] is solution not problem.

if we got a burning problem and we do , then it aint Tesla.
                  Last edited by SheepDog; 07-02-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Silver Linings.. Benefits of the Z06 taking so frickin long?

- they have more time to polish the Z06 and make it the best car it can be.
                    - it is likely your place in line will move up from people dropping out.. so the longer you wait the sooner you get it, if that makes any sense at all.
                    - there may be technologies that get in the car that would not otherwise made it in.
                    - more time to appreciate your existing vette and say your goodbyes if you are getting rid of it, especially if you just got a c8.
                    - more time to come up with rationale for convincing the significant other that getting this car is a reasonable decision.
                    - anything else?

Comment

• The longer it is pushed out, the more one can monthly save in the interim.

Comment

• Originally posted by z8ra View Post
                        Silver Linings.. Benefits of the Z06 taking so frickin long?

- they have more time to polish the Z06 and make it the best car it can be.
                        - it is likely your place in line will move up from people dropping out.. so the longer you wait the sooner you get it, if that makes any sense at all.
                        - there may be technologies that get in the car that would not otherwise made it in.
                        - more time to appreciate your existing vette and say your goodbyes if you are getting rid of it, especially if you just got a c8.
                        - more time to come up with rationale for convincing the significant other that getting this car is a reasonable decision.
                        - anything else?
                        Well when you get down to the bottom line it is about $$$$$$$'s

GM is all about moving ahead with EV's. This means stripping resources from other non priority areas so that they can bring to the market sooner and capture market share of the future of the non ICE automotive industry. When you read and keep up with GM it is pretty apparent that this is what is happening unfortunately. Look no further than the super truck segment. Ford is coming out shortly with the Raptor R version that will be a turbo charged variant of the GT 500 mill and RAM already has the TRX Hellcat out (yes it is a Beast do not run one stop light to stoplight in your C8 ). GM has no plans for a half tom there have been some rumors of a Colorado variant but nothing worthwhile compared to Ford and RAM.

It is all about Mary's vision and it is marching sadly forward at an accelerated rate. Killing me because I hate to wait 5 more years hopefully it will just be 4!

Comment

• I base this on just a hunch that as the C8’s time is certainly not infinite, that GM might insure we get a ZORA by bypassing the interim ZR1 model. Of course I could be totally wrong on that thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                            I base this on just a hunch that as the C8’s time is certainly not infinite, that GM might insure we get a ZORA by bypassing the interim ZR1 model. Of course I could be totally wrong on that thinking.
                            I hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Or perhaps GM extends his original end of C8 schedule to “make up for lost time” due to its slow roll out (strike, Covid, supply chain consequences) so that there are as originally planned by GM, many more C8 models.

Comment

• It seems the perfect combo would be a flatplane non-turbo hybrid. Still have naturally aspirated and amazing sound, and then the electric motors fill in the torque down low in the RPM range, and provide AWD and torque vectoring. And it fits in with Mary's goal of pushing electric forward.. if the Z06 were delayed for this reason, I would be very happy about that, and maybe would explain all the spy photos with electric stuff on them.. ok, It is a very long shot, nearly impossible shot probably I know, but fun to think about, that would be my preferred configuration.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X