MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Official Z06 Speculation Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM knew about these factors and designed the C8 with all of them in mind way back, about a decade ago. They sold around 6,500 C7 Z06 convertibles and are not giving up on that market.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I'm going to pose the question of whether the HTC can be tracked in the general section. I would imagine at this point there have been people who have tried.

Comment

• Intake manifold design plays a key part in how tall the engine will be. To support a rumored 9,000 rpm redline, it will look different than the LT2 manifold. They may find an inch or two there.
        Status 3000. 2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

Comment

• Will the Z06 be tested for a Ring time before it is revealed?

When will we likely see the Camo Z06 at the Ring?

Covid-19 will eliminate Ring testing?

What set up will the Z06 need to do 7 mins flat, like the Porsche GT3.? [GT3 is an older and fully developed design, C8 is new. But C8R beats the mid engine 911. as often as not.]

What minimum time will be necessary to avoid "you" experiencing disappointment.

What performance measure do you see for the Z06? 0-60MPH? Endurance? Ring times. VIR time? ?????

Finally. What car must the C8 Z06 equal to satisfy your expectations? 488? F8? 720S? 570S Porsche GT3? 911 Turbo. C7 ZR1? In quarter mile?
          In 0--123PH? In 0-150MPH? in too end speed?
          Last edited by SheepDog; 11-21-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• It depends on the weather when the Z06 is ready to be tested. Most new versions have not been tested before reveals because at reveal time the car is still quite far from being finally developed. GM will hope to get great weather, no interference from others, and then able to rock a Ring time. That could well be after first orders go in.

The Z06 will smoke most of its competition whatever its time is. I have no other cars the Z06 must be better for me to know I will be one happy camper with it. Our 495 HP Stingray is consistently under 3.0 seconds. That still amazes me. I think the Z06 will officially be 2.6 and unofficially get into 2.5 or even 2.4 territory and consistently be in the 10’s, but whether it is 10.8 or 10.5???

I am already smiling thinking about the C8 Z06. It will look superlative, be very reasonably priced for its capabilities, and its performance will amaze all reasonable folks.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Every day I find myself looking for newer spy shots and any tidbits of info. I must be going nuts.

Rocket City Florida

Comment

• Here are my guesses for the Z06

available in 2022
                available as HTC
                No body changes, only badging
                0-60 time pretty much the same as Stingray
                acceleration above 60 much faster, comparable to 458, R8
                top speed 210mph
                Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

• I feel there will be some body changes and more venting.
                  I also feel the 0-60 will shave a few tenths off.
                  Larger rotors and calipers.
                  Stiffer suspension and larger beefed up shafts.
                  Meatier tires and optional CF Wheels.
                  Possibly Frunk deleted for extra cooling and aero.
                  Exhaust centered for that awesome FPC note.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

• Did everyone see what its competitor just ran in the mags? 2021 992 Porsche Turbo S 640hp... 0-60 in 2.2 and 1/4 mile in 10.1

Comment

• That is hauling the mail for sure. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z0Sick6 View Post
                        Did everyone see what its competitor just ran in the mags? 2021 992 Porsche Turbo S 640hp... 0-60 in 2.2 and 1/4 mile in 10.1
                        That's not it's competition at over $250,000 loaded out.
                        Last edited by Frenzy36; Today, 01:24 PM.
                        Rocket City Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

That's not it's competition at over $250,000 loaded out.
                          But it may be, with a lower price tag of course
                          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X