This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John View Post
    I believe there will be some Z06’s out the door, not counting taxes, at the +$125,000 level.
    This is what I'm kinda expecting...... But it'll come with the carbon ceramic brakes and exposed carbon fiber everywhere. I'm curious what they're going to do with the rear spoiler or wing. Whether it's fixed and similar to the C7 ZR1 or an "active" wing configuration. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.....

Comment

• 125K$ Z06?????
      Then, it
      Will have a rear spoiler that plays electric guitar!!!!!!

Comment

• I don’t know about $125K or a Guitar playin spoiler, but based on the way the Z51 performs..........It’ll be SCARY FAST and QUICK ! 👍
        Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

• Let’s dissect this a little more. There are customer ordered, sold and delivered C8 StingRay’s at over $100,000 — not counting taxes. When I said that some Z06’s would be out the door at $125,000, that is only a $25,000 increase.

While I predict a 2022 ZO6 will start at $89,995, it will have as standard equipment, several more performances components that are $6,800 options in the Stingray, i.e., all the Z51 package and the mag ride will included in the entry Z06 — as will HUD. So in terms of apples to apples, even if the the Z06’s MSRP were $89,995, reduce that amount by $6,800 to get equivalency in those two areas alone — and we have not begun to factor in its many other major enhancements, e..g., 590 HP, more aero standard, and probably several more significant performance components we do not yet know about.

Or in other words, IMO the $89,995 Z06 will be another bargain just like an entry 2020 C8 Stingray is.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• And...... instead of fighting wheel spin, like in your C7 Z06........you’ll be fighting whiplash....... with a really big smile!

Comment

• I literally expect the C8 Z06 to play electric guitar. And the fully equipped out version might be 125K. Some few exceptional users will demand a maxed out beast.. Some have the resources and love the car at its best
              Last edited by SheepDog; 04-06-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F7122C88-CDE7-4229-B8D7-078911D7B448.jpeg
Views:	1352
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	135782

Comment

• Car and Driver Render:

Last edited by smoove7410; 04-09-2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Rocket City Florida

Comment

• Super Wide & Low Z06 rendered.

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for this one done by Monaco Design. WOW is it every wide and low. What fun to see it. GREAT job Monaco Design. I love your rendering!

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
                      C8 Corvette Rendered Low and Wide by Instagram Designer

By
                      Keith Cornett -

Apr 20, 2020910

If you like your Corvettes “low and wide”, this rendering from @MonacoAutoDesign via Instagram should be right up your alley!
                      Brian Monaco is the designer behind this render and he explains that it was actually purposed first on the C7 Corvette and then decided to move it over to the C8 platform.
                      We especially like the aggressive look of the redesigned front fascia which is opened up to receive more airflow than the stock C8s. The front corners of the widebody are tapered which reveals the Corvette’s front tires and to us, that harkens a retro feeling especially with the vents on top of the frunk and the low splitter that’s just centimeters off the tarmac.
                      We ran through the @monacoautodesign timeline and while we saw other examples of the mid-engine Corvette, we do not see a continuation of this project where we could see the side or rear. As we are really liking what Brian has come up with so far so hopefully we get to see more of this low and wide Corvette.

From @monacoautodesign via Instagram:
                      Low and Wide C8 Corvette 😱 What do you think? I actually designed this kit for the C7 a little while back, figured to see what it would look like on the new C8 with some subtle tweaks and additions, although I would still like to design its own kit for it. Been a while since I’ve worked on some personal fun projects, feels good!
                      https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...gram-designer/
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Produce the kit already!!!!!! 👍😎

Comment

• The generic blue print for the 2021 C8 Z06 is the Porsche GT3 --- not some other Corvette model from the past.
                          [and/or generic print of the 458 NA car and race car]

The revised GT3 is set for release in 2021/2020 same as the Z06.

The Z06 is related to the C8-R in the same way that the GT3 is related to the GT3-R.

The Z06 will be a V8 FPC mirroring of the GT3 flat 6.

So. Not that much HP needed. Then maybe 600 and 9KRPMs.

Not to be a 0--60 king.

The C8 line up will mirror the 911 line up, more or less. bottom to top. The Stingray is the Cayman and base 911 combined.
                          Last edited by SheepDog; 04-26-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Has anyone discussed this image and tail wing?

Interesting that it only has the 2 center supports. Maybe for the actuators for active aero like we speculated long ago?

Cool wing IMO

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-Prototype-June-2020-011-rear-three-quarters.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	162306

Comment

• I hope that at least that side-wing structure is highly efficient, for it sure does not make me not pleased to see it. I actively disliked its looks when we saw it on a Koenigsegg about one year ago, and I dislike viscerally it as much on this Z06 (?) mule now.

Perhaps if and when it were to appear on the Z06 a year or two from now I might have gotten more used to it, but the last year’s appearance on the “K” has not helped me yet.

Thanks to “Skank” for finding this earlier specific one for us.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3AB14D90-0176-44C6-B049-FA817F976234.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	203.9 KB ID:	162322

Comment

• Back When young, had a soulmate with undesirable lips too big. But, Gee wiz. The memories of the lips too big.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X