MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Welcome Magnaflow As A Featured Forum Vendor. Your products excite!

We are extremely pleased to announce Magnaflow as a Featured Forum Vendor. Many of us have had and truly enjoyed their exhaust systems. Here is their site: https://www.magnaflow.com/. More to come shortly.
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Official Z06 Speculation Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John View Post
    New Z06 rendering. Thanks Corvette forum.

Click image for larger version Name:	8FAE7811-7E80-4E4F-B789-E8136A444067.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	120357
    I think the front and rear are pretty close. But the side inlet scoop will be different. It will look more like the C8R scoop. Guessing 4.2-4.4 twin turbo fpc V8 with 8400 rpm redline. 705-750 hp.
    Last edited by Vettesweetnos; 03-04-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_13279.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	120447the one thing I really like about this rendering is the vents on the rear deck , in front of the wing.if someone makes those aftermarket, they will be on my car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lance's tops View Post
        the one thing I really like about this rendering is the vents on the rear deck , in front of the wing.if someone makes those aftermarket, they will be on my car.
        You can bet that aftermarket C7 front hood designers are designing C8 rear deck lids as we speak. Can't wait to see the hard top convertible ones..

Comment

• If Chevy follows a similar history to the earlier versions of the Corvette, it may be possible that we see the Z06 in 2021 or 2022. Given the demand for the 2020 C-8 and production starting late, I wonder if 2021 production moves to very late 2020 or early 2021. Not sure what changes (probably small) are coming in 2021, but I could see GM wanting to get Zo6 out with a higher profit for the carmaker. Bet, we also see a hybred for extra HP before C-8 changes to C9. This is all speculation. What do others think?

Comment

• After purchase of the C8, buyers will not want that it be too soon rendered moot by a superseding Z06.

Possible to make more money with expanded Stingray options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vettesweetnos View Post

You can bet that aftermarket C7 front hood designers are designing C8 rear deck lids as we speak. Can't wait to see the hard top convertible ones..
              Those vents look cool as hell. To badk GM didn't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traind View Post

We have seen these new prototypes running with a GT2RS and a 458. Two very different comparison cars. No one knows but I have to believe the 458 was a benchmark for the C8 Stingray from the very start... so it was a car GM bought and has on hand. The GT2RS is a different beast and I doubt it was a benchmark for the Stingray. So the fact they are using it to compare now instead of a GT3 or GT3RS really seems to point toward a boosted Z06... probably TT.
                The 458 has a FPC V8 and the GT2 RS is TT... so I wonder if the GT2 RS is a performance benchmark and the Ferrari is a reliability benchmark. The 458 will endure similar vibrations from its FPC as a potential FPC Z06, so it’s a good test car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quinten View Post

The 458 has a FPC V8 and the GT2 RS is TT... so I wonder if the GT2 RS is a performance benchmark and the Ferrari is a reliability benchmark. The 458 will endure similar vibrations from its FPC as a potential FPC Z06, so it’s a good test car.
                  Probably so. The 458 is there because it was a benchmark for the C8 stingray. They still have it on hand. And actually a 458 was a benchmark for the C7 stingray too. The Z06 will perform very close to the GT2 RS I think.

Comment

• This is a Repeat.

My current and last Corvette is 2002 Z06. C5 & stick. It has the personality of Tiger hunting dear. 405 HP. Small tiger, but still 100% Tiger. I skipped C6 an C7. Did not want another FE Corvette. Never even drove one until today, I drove a 2019 Stingray automatic. While standing for a light, a 2019 ZR1 passed and revved the engine. My Stingray tucked it's tail and whimpered. No desire to do that again in a C7 Stingray. I was driving the wrong Corvette.

Hope the LT2 in the C8 Stingray, is not the wrong engine, in the right Corvette.

Comment

• So, you want a blue Z06..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	1007EE18-C376-408D-8027-B2BEAC671D4A.jpeg
Views:	198
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	129302
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                        So, you want a blue Z06..........

Click image for larger version  Name:	1007EE18-C376-408D-8027-B2BEAC671D4A.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	129302
                        If the Z06 has a high output FPC, looks like your render and has traditional pricing, then it will disrupt the "upper" order. But not the snob prestige order. They will go on with their tea at three.
                        Last edited by SheepDog; 03-21-2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Even though that render looks incredible, it also looks like it would take out the quarters and totally undriveable.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                            Even though that render looks incredible, it also looks like it would take out the quarters and totally undriveable.
                            Ha Ha Ha.. You are busted, Frenzy38. Doing adult reality checks in the toddlers' fantasy play-pen!

I had already driven this thing. Sorta. Won Daytona. Had to surrender the trophy. Booo-Hoo want my mommy
                            Last edited by SheepDog; 03-22-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                              Even though that render looks incredible, it also looks like it would take out the quarters and totally undriveable.
                              Oh contraire! This car has 4 corner lift! Even speed bumps.....no problemo!!!!!
                              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

• Not necessarily a Z06 comment, but might as well be.......

How many all cash or downpayments have just been destroyed by the stock market crash?

Of course the absolute earliest we could see Gummint Motors ready for Z06 orders would be end of this year probably, so hopefully a recovery by then.

Or maybe it's time to move to Latin America. I just got back from a 9-week motorcycle trip thru Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize. Took 8 people out to dinner including myself at a super-fancy-expensive restaurant in Mexico to include, 4 bottles of expensive wine, tip, and tax for under $200.

Trouble is the roads down there generally wouldn't pair well with a Z. They have speed bumps the size of the empire state building.

Just sayin...........
                                Last edited by VetteStromWing; 03-25-2020, 09:08 PM.
                                2015 Z51 Stingray
                                2018 Honda Goldwing
                                2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X