Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Have a Question You Would Like Answered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are yellow and edge red brake calipers finished in satin clear coat, rather than gloss clear coat as was done on the black and bright red calipers and all C7 and C6 brake calipers?

Comment

Is the engine at any time visible during the open/close of the retractable top? It looks as if there is another panel covering the engine itself.
      If we want to get at, or view the engine, what is the process... or difficulty when work is needed?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
        Is the engine at any time visible during the open/close of the retractable top? It looks as if there is another panel covering the engine itself.
        If we want to get at, or view the engine, what is the process... or difficulty when work is needed?
        Thanks
        There is a heat shied tub that covers the engine and separates it from the top. There are several screws holding it in place that have to be removed to access the top of the engine. The top will be placed in “service” mode that locks the hatch/nacelles in open position but doesn’t drop the roof.

Comment

Why is the Body Color High-Wing Spoiler only available with Arctic White, Black, Shadow Gray Metallic, Torch Red exterior body colors?
          Save the wave.

Comment

There is a heat shied tub that covers the engine and separates it from the top. There are several screws holding it in place that have to be removed to access the top of the engine. The top will be placed in “service” mode that locks the hatch/nacelles in open position but doesn’t drop the roof.
            Too bad the Heat Shield isn't glass or transparent so not to hide it for a quick display/viewing. : (

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

Just to be clear, the heat shield does not need to be removed to check the dipstick or add oil.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post
                Why is the Body Color High-Wing Spoiler only available with Arctic White, Black, Shadow Gray Metallic, Torch Red exterior body colors?
                The high wing spoiler is an accessory, dealer-installed part, meaning that it does not pass through the Bowling Green plant but rather is shipped from the supplier directly to dealerships. That is, they are painted by the supplier, not by GM. Therefore, I would guess that the supplier has limited paint capabilities and cannot reliably paint tint coats and some metallics that would match the paints coming out of the Bowling Green paint shop. It strikes me that white, black, Carbon Flash, and Torch Red are probably the easiest colors to paint match in non-Chevrolet paint shops. They are also the oldest colors. Don’t know why Shadow Gray is available but obviously Chevrolet has faith in the wing supplier’s ability to paint it.

Comment

I have just one more comment/question on the vert when to top is down. Seems like we will lose the rear mirror camera feed as it is attached to the retracting top? Those nacelles may be difficult to view beyond blind spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
                    I have just one more comment/question on the vert when to top is down. Seems like we will lose the rear mirror camera feed as it is attached to the retracting top? Those nacelles may be difficult to view beyond blind spots.
                    Yes the mirror will revert to a standard rear view mirror instead of the 180* camera. The nacelle on the drivers side wont matter. The passenger side will slightly block view when looking over the shoulder. Properly positioned side view mirrors and the blind spot warning system will negate this issue. It’s something you get used to pretty quickly and not as big a deal as you think.

Comment

The coil-over springs are adjustable (front & rear without the lift option). Are they adjustable up AND down? How much adjustment? If up & down, is the factory setting at the mid-point?

Comment

Originally posted by USCG View Post
                        The coil-over springs are adjustable (front & rear without the lift option). Are they adjustable up AND down? How much adjustment? If up & down, is the factory setting at the mid-point?
                        X2!!! Would be nice to learn this sooner than later.

Comment

My guess is the engineers won't know the answer, but:

In the visualizer, a 2LT coupe shows the driver knee pad and glove box lid in black. On a 2LT convertible these components are the color of the interior (e.g., gray, natural, red). Is this accurate for the convertible, or an error in the visualizer?

Thanks.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                            In the visualizer, a 2LT coupe shows the driver knee pad and glove box lid in black. On a 2LT convertible these components are the color of the interior (e.g., gray, natural, red). Is this accurate for the convertible, or an error in the visualizer?
                            Interesting difference. Although when I tried it just now only the glove box door changed to the interior color. The knee pad stayed black. Well, black-ish in that lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Interesting difference. Although when I tried it just now only the glove box door changed to the interior color. The knee pad stayed black. Well, black-ish in that lighting.
                              You're right. When I first noticed, I think the knee pad changed, too, but I might just remember wrong.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >35,000+ miles

Comment

I've searched, unsuccessfully, to determine if the dash display depicts oil level. On my Porsche there is a level indicator, but can't seem to locate any info on the C8. Anyone know?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X