Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe Build/Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...and-price/trim
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 11/1: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Have a Question You Would Like Answered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a Question You Would Like Answered?

I will be attending the C8 Tour in Shreveport, LA on 10/21/2019 at Red River Chevrolet. I will be meeting with the representatives and I am told that engineers will be there. If there are questions you would like for me to ask them I would be more than happy to do so also if there is something you want me to look out for let me know. If anyone is going to be there let me know, I would like to put a face with the avatar.
    Last edited by Baja 405; 10-05-2019, 11:00 PM.

Thank you. Please ask if not answered before then:

On the HTC, does the rear window go fully down, or does it stop as shown in this picture?

Click image for larger version

Name:	65EA2EE6-7A71-4EFE-A497-F76FE6823E94.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	79448

​​​​​​​
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

I am writing them down before I leave. I will come back to this thread and answer all your questions.

Comment

Can the top be put up remotely using the key fob?

Comment

corvette 1953 offered to get answers also but the C8 was cancelled for his event. Several questions were posed in his thread and of course since no C8 available, they have not been answered. Perhaps you can take these questions also.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...c8-do-you-have
          Last edited by Boomer; 10-06-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

If a knowledgeable engineer is present, please ask if the 'sound tube/tubes', returning engine noise to the cabin, can be blocked off or disconnected.
            Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parker View Post
              According to the latest online Order Guide, nope. Sorry.

CM9 Convertible top, retractable, power-folding hard top, painted body-color roof, remote control (down only), includes power glass rear window with integral defogger -- -- -- S S S

Comment

Yes the sound tubes bringing the engine noise into the canin can be shut down.

I believe Lotus was the first to experiment with sound speakers to combat harmonic noises as a way to lightweight sound deadening materials.

im not quite sure everyone understands that using the sound system to combat unwanted harmonics is a good thing.

its lightweight and quite effective...

driving the new c8 longer distances will be a much less tiring experience due to these noise cancelling advances...

as far as engine noises being piped in? Why would that be a bad thing to have since you can turn it off and it is a manner to enable corvette owners to keep the cabin quiet when needed or requested by passengers and when the passengers are not in the corvette we can allow the sound in...

its much like NPP exhaust and in opinion is just a firther advance,ent of that concept.

we all have passengers from time to time whether its some gentlemans wife or girlfriend or in my particular case a severely autistic 24 year old son who is sound sensitive...

for me the NPP and this sound control advancement...Im extremely pleased...

even for me alone longer distances..the unheard harmonics can drain us....with this new technology we have control over these noises....sometimes fun but other times subconsciously draining...

im digging this...

reading the other gentlemans thread on questions to ask the engineers where the event was cancelled would be awesome to print out and bring with you.

that was a si iliar thread except the event was cancelled I believe partially becaise of the uaw strike.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I might not reply to each post but I promise that I will be jotting down all questions and when I get back I will post the questions and the answers to them. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parker View Post
                    Originally posted by Klinn View Post

According to the latest online Order Guide, nope. Sorry.
                    The C7 is the same way. GM's lawyers, I'm sure, have nightmares about some kid standing up in the car just in time to have his head removed by a closing top.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >35,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

[QUOTE=JB;n79506]Yes the sound tubes bringing the engine noise into the canin can be shut down.

I believe Lotus was the first to experiment with sound speakers to combat harmonic noises as a way to lightweight sound deadening materials.

im not quite sure everyone understands that using the sound system to combat unwanted harmonics is a good thing.

Does that mean the sound system has to be turned on? Or are they separate, independent speakers somewhere that function whenever the engine is on?

Comment

[QUOTE=George;n79653]
                        Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Yes the sound tubes bringing the engine noise into the canin can be shut down.

Does that mean the sound system has to be turned on? Or are they separate, independent speakers somewhere that function whenever the engine is on?
                        Im not sure of how this system operates what so ever...i just know Im not annoyed that GM is using this technology to quell certain harmonics or to aid in drivers having the option to control engine sound in the cabin.

lots of purists (on some forums) are quite upset and I can only say Im not...

i think the technology will be quite useful,

light weighting and finding ways to control harmonics is pretty slick...

sounds like a 2020 c8 win to me.
                        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

I have heard that the High-Wing Spoiler for the C8 is not attached at the factory and has to be added by the dealer. Also heard it required the removal of the back end by the dealer, is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by auric22 View Post
                            I have heard that the High-Wing Spoiler for the C8 is not attached at the factory and has to be added by the dealer. Also heard it required the removal of the back end by the dealer, is that true?
                            Yes that’s correct.

Comment

Originally posted by auric22 View Post
                              It is true to a point, all high deck spoilers will be added at the dealer. If you have the Z51 option then all the mounts are there for an easy remove and replace, then you have a Z51 spoiler you can sell. If you do not have the Z51 option then they will remove rear bumper, drill, cut, and mount brackets to accept the high deck spoiler. I know this because I have been asking sense I found out about the factory not installing before the car leaves.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X